Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: BIG CLAN DAY STOPS  (Read 17043 times)

Offline Ganja

Re: BIG CLAN DAY STOPS
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2015, 09:45:50 AM »
Vanoke, you did say that o me many times: head up!

go on......i am waiting for the new maps to play.

Merlin you must know what happens when people say they quit ... they come back ;)

[SWISS]Merlin 1h [AAO25]

vanoke, not even your teamspeak adress is working
 i am out - finaly and for ever. this is not the way i think it should go.

Offline Nick

• Administrator
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2015, 23:51:51 PM »
Also if same or similar concept will be continuing, you need to find server(s) for that use, Nick already offered American event server, but in Europe there's no server ready to be used because BCD servers seems to be taken down, which is understandable.

Since EU were taken down then I can offer one or two in the Netherlands as well :)

Offline ronski

« Reply #32 on: Thursday, November 19, 2015, 00:48:01 AM »
Since EU were taken down then I can offer one or two in the Netherlands as well :)
That is great! :up:

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #33 on: Thursday, November 19, 2015, 04:29:52 AM »
- about the concept should be rewritten (Roski): as you know, the most Players do not join this forum, so no Need to rewrite it. maybe a better announcement at scrolling text on the server itself.

- vanoke Comes back - perfect

- nick offers 2 europe servers - perfect. then the ping is acceptable for all Players. vanoke, take the offer please (and thanks to nick)

- reduce the admin rights on those new servers to one admin for each clan

- make some scrolling text on those servers for better Player information.

- i can help if needed.

- do it!

Offline ronski

« Reply #34 on: Thursday, November 19, 2015, 05:16:13 AM »
- about the concept should be rewritten (Roski): as you know, the most Players do not join this forum, so no Need to rewrite it. maybe a better announcement at scrolling text on the server itself.

- vanoke Comes back - perfect

- nick offers 2 europe servers - perfect. then the ping is acceptable for all Players. vanoke, take the offer please (and thanks to nick)

- reduce the admin rights on those new servers to one admin for each clan

- make some scrolling text on those servers for better Player information.

- i can help if needed.

- do it!
Since Im web-orientated guy, I think part of this differently. You say people doesn't read the forum ( fact is that even less reads BCD topics ). From my point of view as long as it is considered as issue that people are not reading the forum, we should do something for it.

How about:
- Automatic shout advertising the forum for example after every 100 shouts at shoutbox / siterep?
- Servers are having motd4-line that can't be written over from .ini's. These motd1-4 lines are the welcome text you see when you enter to server. Motd4 line can be edited from adminpanel, but usually there always reads something like: Americas Army 2,5 linux / windows server. How about adding forum info there?
- Also servers have lot's of automatically generated stuff at console, how about mentioning forum there too?
- How about adding forum banner to header of Assist  application window, you know between the logo on left and player count details on right. Okay logo is a link to aao25.com ( which still has only link to forum, seems a bit raw imo ), but I bet I was the only one in months who clicked that link.
- How about all the loading screens, while you're entering to server? Any places there to add a little piece of advertisement?

Then when we get new forum users, they gets interested what is this Big Clan Day. Some of players speaks only a bit of english and not a single word of dutch. When they see announcement of the event that is written half in english and half in dutch they'll have hard time getting the information they need out of it.

And I disagree with reducing the amount of playeradmins to one per clan. Those administrative issues we've had have happened only because of unclear information between playeradmins.

Haven't thought this one through, the idea came up while writing this post but would it be possible to create hidden BCD Administrative section to forum, where BCD playeradmins could have all the conversation together to reduce misunderstandings over server?

edit: if I wrote a script to autocorrect misspellings of my name, would you admins add it to the site? lol
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 19, 2015, 05:21:00 AM by ronski »

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, November 19, 2015, 05:43:40 AM »
It is very easy to make such a private board in the forums. It is probably more difficult to get people to actually check it.
Also, the loading screens already sometimes point to this website:
http://aao25.com/forum/rus-board/new-map-loading-screen-texts/

The other ideas seem good, I just don't know how easy they are to implement.
For example, the server messages and messages of the day can be changed by the admins and I'm not sure if there's a way to force a specific message to stay.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ronski

« Reply #36 on: Thursday, November 19, 2015, 05:50:49 AM »
It is very easy to make such a private board in the forums. It is probably more difficult to get people to actually check it.
Also, the loading screens already sometimes point to this website:
http://aao25.com/forum/rus-board/new-map-loading-screen-texts/

The other ideas seem good, I just don't know how easy they are to implement.
For example, the server messages and messages of the day can be changed by the admins and I'm not sure if there's a way to force a specific message to stay.
Great that some of those already exists. Like I said the fourth motd line can't be overruled from .ini, but it can be changed from adminpanel. Still most of servers are having the default text on it. So Im saying if they'll overrule it, then fine but it will be changed back to default after every restart.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, November 19, 2015, 06:37:02 AM »
This will never work solong clans not help in this .we all know how poor the situation was . That killes tge BCD in my oppinion.  the clans now stay on ther own servers and friends go to player friends servers.   BCD was standing for PLAY ALL MAPS to gif people that like to play other maps a good time to but when admins from partisipating clans not come ore only play those maps that they like ore can play than its over .  I am not standing stil i still have a free sunday evening to work together with my clan like all clans here are dowing choose for ther own plesure. So i wil play 4 maps next sunday only good maps so players dont walk away .   Also it makes me sad that nobuddy did thx me for my work just like DON KELLO /MERLIN AND SPANKY DID ALOT AND admins from assist say nothing . That say somthing about how people are here Me!!,Me !!,Me !!
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 19, 2015, 06:40:02 AM by Vanoke »

Offline ronski

« Reply #38 on: Thursday, November 19, 2015, 07:10:54 AM »
This will never work solong clans not help in this .we all know how poor the situation was . That killes tge BCD in my oppinion.  the clans now stay on ther own servers and friends go to player friends servers.   BCD was standing for PLAY ALL MAPS to gif people that like to play other maps a good time to but when admins from partisipating clans not come ore only play those maps that they like ore can play than its over .  I am not standing stil i still have a free sunday evening to work together with my clan like all clans here are dowing choose for ther own plesure. So i wil play 4 maps next sunday only good maps so players dont walk away .   Also it makes me sad that nobuddy did thx me for my work just like DON KELLO /MERLIN AND SPANKY DID ALOT AND admins from assist say nothing . That say somthing about how people are here Me!!,Me !!,Me !!
First of all - it was you who was celebrating the full server after last sunday, as you noticed yourself - it was still alive. You're speaking of no support while we were still there. If you didn't notice, HT seemed to quit some time ago, Merlin decided to quit which had huge effort on SWISS clans players presence, but now HT seems to be coming back and Merlin is back as well. But all the time ( except those three first weeks ) we tried to be there.

Before you changed the whole concept it was clear which clan was hosting the event on which sunday. It worked like charm, on this fall that kind of information was not available and I guess that's why there were some administrative issues - it was unclear who was supposed to do and what.

Many of us have said - including me - that we appreciate your work. As much as you accepted our help you seem to accept our words where we're trying to give you something positive back.

In old BCD it was pleasure to be there - hosting or to get hosted by another clan, now it's more like duty to be there without a clue who does and what. I miss old BCD.

But if it's still unclear for you, thank you for your input for the community.
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 19, 2015, 07:13:06 AM by ronski »

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, November 19, 2015, 07:28:11 AM »
You are not a admin of assist were a am talking over :?
and yes server was full happy me. But you dont know my feelings about all . They were not wat you think.
that is realy a sad story
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 19, 2015, 07:36:04 AM by Vanoke »

Offline ronski

« Reply #40 on: Thursday, November 19, 2015, 07:35:15 AM »
You are not a admin of assist
lol thanks for the info..

Let me bold these words of yours
Also it makes me sad that nobuddy did thx me for my work

Sorry I forgot to buy the red carpet and set up ceremonies...

edit: nice edit..

Offline Scorpy

« Reply #41 on: Thursday, November 19, 2015, 07:37:24 AM »
call .. Dr. Phill  :P

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, November 19, 2015, 07:43:53 AM »
Ronsky are you a guy that hits his woman and say it was her  fould to.
you always try to get ride and if not you make a silly joke
common be serius!

Offline ronski

« Reply #43 on: Thursday, November 19, 2015, 07:51:42 AM »
you always try to get ride and if not you make a silly joke
common be serius!
At first I was just disappointed in you, then a bit offended and now you managed to raise levels up from both ways of feeling.

What do you expect if you respond to my thanks and appreciations with only this sentence "you are not a admin of assist", which you edited afterwards two or even three times.
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 19, 2015, 07:56:44 AM by ronski »

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, November 19, 2015, 07:53:27 AM »

Let's stay in topic and not get personal...please.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager