Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Auth services down  (Read 8538 times)

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
  • AA: Lord-of-War
Auth services down
« on: Saturday, July 09, 2016, 19:18:56 PM »
This Auth down bullshit has been going on for 2 weeks plus now
I have read hundreds of explanations from ddos attacks to Pit's to servers down and being manipulated ... even the company Ford attacking assist  :shock:  ;) -  all a whole lot of crap in my opinion and not satisfying to me and others at all.
It is just talking around the damn pudding and not finding a solution at all.
Everybody knows a little bit and they talk and talk and talk.........
but fuck all happens!
I would like this to be handled by the real admins : Teddy , Big Sergio, Spanky or Bart and most importantly Eliz which to me is the only guy around here that has some profound knowledge to handle a situation like this . I appreciate the efforts of ronsky and possessed but I don't think you are the right guys to handle this and you just confuse the issue more and more and it ends up in an unbelievable chaos cause everybody seems to have the right nowadays to fiddle around with this game as they are pleased. Let Eliz handle this noone else.

Anything else is bs imo
Lord-of-War  :style:
« Last Edit: Saturday, July 09, 2016, 21:18:42 PM by Lord-of-War »
"the world is basically a forced labor camp from which the workers - all innocents - are led forth by lottery, a few each day, to be executed," Cormac McCarthy

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

Re: Auth services down
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, July 09, 2016, 19:46:25 PM »
yes, only pussy possessed is here. i quit this shit now!
bye all
and i will do everything to get this shithead possessed out of this game.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, July 09, 2016, 20:24:59 PM »
Looking into restarting the stuff.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, July 09, 2016, 21:13:35 PM »
thanks man
"the world is basically a forced labor camp from which the workers - all innocents - are led forth by lottery, a few each day, to be executed," Cormac McCarthy

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, July 09, 2016, 21:20:43 PM »
It should be up. Could someone check if they can log in? I got no Assist on my tablet and I'm doing this from the back of my car at 4am...
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, July 09, 2016, 21:20:59 PM »
ooops teddy tries and voila it works  - strange isn't it  :up:
maybe tell the 2 wannabe admins to stop messing around with assist - no offense

Lord-of-War

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, July 09, 2016, 21:22:10 PM »
yes it works

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, July 09, 2016, 21:27:28 PM »
until tomorrow ........... probably the same shit will happen again  - anyway i hope someone will find a permanent solution to this - it becomes a little annoying lately

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, July 09, 2016, 21:30:56 PM »
Possessed has actually done a decent amount behind the scenes on the auth server to fix issues and restart it when needed. You might want to get the facts before you start raging about a free game.

The fact is, if the issue was easy to solve, it would be. However, the majority of the admins don't hang around much anymore because of time constraints. I could come around more but I'm largely useless now that I have no desire to map, Possessed knows way more about the auth server than I do. Killaman's totally gone. ELiZ lurks around here every so often but I get the feeling that he avoids this place more and more due to the drama, not to mention his busy life. Nick is a good guy and wants to help but doesn't have intricate knowledge of the auth system enough to migrate it over to other servers that would be behind DDoS protection. It took Jonny & ELiZ days to setup and migrate the auth system to another server and make sure all the issues were worked out.

So, there's the why.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, July 10, 2016, 02:12:59 AM »
<<<<  Lurking.....

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, July 10, 2016, 02:36:53 AM »
To be honest, I could have did it my self, but it wasnt worth.
Also, sergio is busy with his life, he contacted the host and somehow they locked/changed access to the server, as sergio was away taking care of his life which is hundred times more worth, i wasnt sure if auth was down because it was supposed to be or if he forgot to pass me what the host did, or even the host didnt mentionated they closed the access, sure  i could contact the host as i have did before,sure  if i could access i would start the services again as i have been doing when the attcks crash our service, but somethings were unclear and i just choosed to wait while some ppl insist in writing poop on forums and shoutbox, still,i messaged bart and teddy to contact our host and see if they could get it done, took a while but teddy did it. I had a small time with some wifi, i wasnt at home, but i saw that auth has been attacked after teddy re started it, it cleary sux. That moment, i found i was right to not start it my self.
Listen, everyone here doesnt like and do not want that guy to be around, it happens i was the one that time that did ban him and were up to enforce it as much as i could. I knew he would attack auth after he noticed his server had no honor and tracking anymore, he just got baited, he wasnt the only one btw, auth got down by more than 30mins, i dont think we ever had a down time like this because of a dos.attack, later the host restarted our machine and i could not access it, so the down time just increased. I have no problems with striping honor from his server, what happned today just proves it was well done. I have my self been dropped from 4 diferent servers in less than 10 minutes, servers have been attacked and while his server is full nothing happens. I did nothing wrong, anyone that think otherwise should fucking slice their throats and suicide because that world dont need such a piece of shit on be half  of a bandit.
That shit and ungrateful community, wonder why some dont bother to reply or even come here, still you insist in invoking ppl You make take a step back with that peacekeeper shit. Fuck off, theres a wrong guy and it aint Me, every downtime sucks but sometimes i just think it is well deserved.
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 10, 2016, 02:42:09 AM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, July 10, 2016, 07:14:04 AM »
it is just frustrating - didn't mean to attack you
so as i understand you it is actually 1 single person doing this
so what do the assist hosts or the provider or whatever say ? surely they don't like some retard hacking their services ?
I admit I got no clue what is going on here and I am not prepared to aquire this knowledge cause I will never need it anyway - It is just a pity that there doesn't seem to be a fix to the problem so far
so thanks for trying to solve the issue

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, July 10, 2016, 07:22:37 AM »
Low, this is a bit complicated issue, because that retard uses probably paid services for this. It means hundreds of computers attacking same time, and these computers are often owned by "innocent" people and companies who dont know anything about it. Its very difficult to do much with it, without DDoS protected serviced which can cost much more than regular ones.. and its not easy to trace who pays for this crap.

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, July 10, 2016, 07:31:32 AM »
so this can actually go on forever then ? so why not get this guy's server up and running again avoiding an endless fight - probably neither side will be prepared to give in

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, July 10, 2016, 07:33:32 AM »
Probably his money will not last forever and there are surely ways to do this, I dont know the plans of the admins.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager