Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Another Ban Happy admin caught on cameras....  (Read 11193 times)

Offline Vilkas

• View Profile
Re: Another Ban Happy admin caught on cameras....
« Reply #15 on: Monday, September 01, 2014, 17:12:52 PM »
We have to wait and see what admins will do against this behaviour.

Offline rmcdzk

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday, September 01, 2014, 17:14:54 PM »

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday, September 01, 2014, 17:58:06 PM »
We have to wait and see what admins will do against this behaviour.

Nothing.

Offline =SKUL=SherminatorPT

« Reply #18 on: Monday, September 01, 2014, 21:06:44 PM »
The "we pay We play" admin our rules bla bla bla is bs in my opinion, they are "renting" a server, it's not theirs, they pay to use it, if someone rent a housse or a car , it's no theirs, they can't do whatever they want with it, but in HT server i have many fun games no problems at all, and even after having big discutions with kelo in the past he's now friendly and all HT admins usually are goog guys and play with respect. I play most of the times there and i never saw them act like you described with anyone, maybe you should ease up on the "big mouth comments"  and you'll be fine there.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #19 on: Monday, September 01, 2014, 21:48:21 PM »
You're right, this is nowhere near the first time that I've heard of admin abuse by the HT clan.
We do no support admin abuse but there is very little we can actually do about it. How exactly do I know what really happened? It would be your word against the admin's and we have no way of knowing who is right. We weren't there. It's not that we don't believe you, it's that we don't have any proof to justify any punishment.
There's a reason most games don't punish ban happy admins, it's simply too difficult to do it properly. That combined with the whole "we paid for our server so we can ban whoever we want" argument makes it a v
Well said.

AAC, you say we should ignore Bollie's opinion because he knows them and trust yours because you don't?
I don't really see the logic.

Don't have time to comment on the rest right now.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday, September 01, 2014, 22:00:19 PM »
Wolf, AAC or Vilkas...whatever name he uses; is always such a nice guy we know...

And yes better believe his story, cause he is so trustworthy... oh and his IGC friends are backing him up.

Ok i had my fun.
All the best.

Offline Alex

« Reply #21 on: Monday, September 01, 2014, 22:11:30 PM »

We care, because, believe it or not, we care about the people that play this game (well, most of you anyways :P). If players are being kicked and banned from servers unfairly, that affects us as their ability to play the game is limited. As you probably know, this is a bigger problem now as there are not that many server to play on unlike back in the old days of AA2. I'd also like to point out that the more people that get unfairly banned, the less people you have to play with/against, and that's not a good thing.

In short, we care, and you should too. The problem is that there isn't much we can do about it that would be effective or not have a negative impact on the game.

Wolf, AAC or Vilkas...whatever name he uses; is always such a nice guy we know...

And yes better believe his story, cause he is so trustworthy... oh and his IGC friends are backing him up.

This isn't a one time issue. I've had more complaints about HT admin abuse than I can remember. On top of that, we treat every member equally in these situations. Unfortunately we have no proof of what was done or any rebuttal from the admin, so even if we did have a policy against admin abuse, there isn't much to go on right now.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, September 02, 2014, 01:19:41 AM »
Whoever played on the server that time definitely knows the truth. The truth comes out eventually.
That's hardly true. Anyone who was playing knows their side of the story, but everyones side is different and it is extremely hard to get the "whole picture", if at all it is possible. Unless you took a demorec, there is just no way for us to know what really did or didn't happen.

That said, I don't really see anything "caught on camera" as your title puts it.

And as has been said before, concerning bans from a certain clan, it is always best to visit that certain clan's website and post there. Not everybody visits these forums. It's not mandatory.

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Vilkas

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, September 02, 2014, 03:42:44 AM »
I had said enough about what happened. If you don't believe it is not my problem. I wouldn't come here and say my story if there was another half of the story that HT has in their hand, Im still waiting for one of them to come and tell me their server rules and how it should be running and for what reason I got banned. If I used some kind of language against them or people then I would have received warning or mute command no kick/ban command but hardly I was banned for that since no direct comments were made to those HT guys. If you are banning people for sarcastic comment then just wow....and there is no reason whatsoever to ban someone if the player has deep relationship with another.

I reported because I saw a ban happy admin used his power again. And like Killaman said its not the first time it was used nor second. So defending these guys or trying to do os really isnt going to work.

When you have like 3 top servers and 2 of them are HT and you get banned on it, it really makes you just leave and stay unwelcomed.

Anyway I was banned on hospital, I play less hospital then, they can keep the ban. Fuck this behaviour because thats how you make players leave.

@rmcdzk who cares? I do and should the rest because if you are getting banned on top servers for no reason then this is how they push players to play other games and leave the game because there is nothing to play. Your comment is so dumb.

The title is sarcastic and made it a bit funnier, I know its not been caught on cameras...:))

But seriously something needs to be done about it, sick of this already...

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, September 02, 2014, 06:02:09 AM »
what a drama again. stop please shouting out things like that in here. if you think there are some "banhappy admins" just dont join the servers. so easy!

suggestion: lock threads with drama like this one

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, September 02, 2014, 06:05:11 AM »
I think the admins knows exectly what they want on ther server !

Offline Mixk

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, September 02, 2014, 06:49:05 AM »
what a drama again. stop please shouting out things like that in here. if you think there are some "banhappy admins" just dont join the servers. so easy!

suggestion: lock threads with drama like this one
:sign_x2:
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, September 02, 2014, 07:45:24 AM »
I had said enough about what happened. If you don't believe it is not my problem. I wouldn't come here and say my story if there was another half of the story that HT has in their hand, Im still waiting for one of them to come and tell me their server rules and how it should be running and for what reason I got banned. If I used some kind of language against them or people then I would have received warning or mute command no kick/ban command but hardly I was banned for that since no direct comments were made to those HT guys. If you are banning people for sarcastic comment then just wow....and there is no reason whatsoever to ban someone if the player has deep relationship with another.

I reported because I saw a ban happy admin used his power again. And like Killaman said its not the first time it was used nor second. So defending these guys or trying to do os really isnt going to work.

When you have like 3 top servers and 2 of them are HT and you get banned on it, it really makes you just leave and stay unwelcomed.

Anyway I was banned on hospital, I play less hospital then, they can keep the ban. Fuck this behaviour because thats how you make players leave.

@rmcdzk who cares? I do and should the rest because if you are getting banned on top servers for no reason then this is how they push players to play other games and leave the game because there is nothing to play. Your comment is so dumb.

The title is sarcastic and made it a bit funnier, I know its not been caught on cameras...:))

But seriously something needs to be done about it, sick of this already...
First of all, if I were to blindly believe your story, then I should also blindly believe the next guy swearing he saw a cow flying about on SF Hospital. It might be true, it might not be, but if I was not there, there is no way for me to possibly know that. There is ALWAYS more than one view of one particular event (even in physics).

As for the explenation, as I said earlier, go to THEIR site for that. It's not in their interest to find you and tell you why you were banned, it's in your interest (if you want to play on their server) and they are not obliged to frequent the forum on this site. (I believe their site is here)

And don't get me wrong. I'm not dismissing the problem. Like Killa said, the problem is there and with such a small playerbase, ever so important.

However, until we find a way to definitively detect such bans for no reason, there is little to nothing we can do.
And this is a place you can give a suggestion as to how this should be achieved.
However he-said-she-said type of "proof" doesn't really cut it in this case.

-teddy

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, September 02, 2014, 08:54:06 AM »
Not sticking up for them 1 bit, but there must be more to this story cause tornado is the most layed back admin I've ever seen.never seen her kick noone for no good reason other then slot for member
far as wisser only a 0 min kick never seen a ban from him as well

so either your not saying it all or it was done by a mistake but like boolie stated go to there forums but hope u can understand german language

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, September 02, 2014, 10:32:33 AM »
Not sticking up for them 1 bit, but there must be more to this story cause tornado is the most layed back admin I've ever seen.never seen her kick noone for no good reason other then slot for member
far as wisser only a 0 min kick never seen a ban from him as well

so either your not saying it all or it was done by a mistake but like boolie stated go to there forums but hope u can understand german language

Few months ago i asked on ts to make space on the server... he didn't know how.  Cause he is playing for fun and never kicked anybody before lol
And now suddenly he bans for no reason.... i doubt that.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager