Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Do we want a competitive league for AAO 2.5?  (Read 16106 times)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

Re: Do we want a competitive league for AAO 2.5?
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, May 11, 2014, 07:07:09 AM »
the league has started, the maps are:

HQ_Raid 5 min
Border 6 min
SF Courtyard 6 min
Radio Tower 7 min
SF Extraction 6 min
SF Arctic 6 min
SF Water Treatment 6 min
Mountain Ambush 6 min
SF Hospital 6 min
Dusk 5 min
SF Sandstorm 6 min
SF Csar 5 min
SF Oasis 6min
Bridge SE 7 min

Online Bart!

« Reply #31 on: Sunday, May 11, 2014, 07:10:43 AM »
except for courtyard, I think its a pretty good list.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #32 on: Sunday, May 11, 2014, 08:10:18 AM »
There's something wrong with the time right?

6 minutes on sandstorm, courtyard ? And only 1 more minute for radio tower?

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, May 11, 2014, 08:13:44 AM »
Radio tower isn't doable in 7 mins. If defense has a pushed out line of defense, defending CP and right hill by radio tower, it'll take atleast 3-4 mins for assault to push forward. Let alone push C is impossible if defense plays it smart. TWL tried having 7 mins for opening week of the intermediate leauge week 1 or 2, they were forced to raise the time to 10 mins. It's the biggest map in the game, with the obj's furthest apart. So raise the time to 10 mins to get the most out of the map imo. (which is right)

Offline Saltuarius

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, May 11, 2014, 11:54:03 AM »
The only thing I dislike from DESBL at this point is that they do not listen to the community when picking maps.

I mean I dont know many teams who enjoy playing recon for example, I'd rather have mountain ambush, border, mountain pass (SE), river basin, so many better long distance maps to choose from :P.

since 2007 desbl (earlier aabl) always had the full mappool with all official maps, which was approved by the community. at the moment there is no community left. there are also no discussions in the forum, because most teams are not german-speaking anymore.

key of their success was the bundesliga-system and to be close to the community. most clans wanted to have fun and not a high level competition. thats why there are all these rules: spamrules etc., list of disallowed bugs, also fastswap was not allowed. like that, all the fun-clans had a chance to compete on a fairplay-basis. thats also why the aa-section of this league survived as long...

changing it, will only make it die sooner than later...like all the other inconsistent projects.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #35 on: Sunday, May 11, 2014, 12:31:58 PM »
but if both teams do agree, you can set the time to whatever you like

Offline rmcdzk

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, May 11, 2014, 15:08:58 PM »

HQ_Raid 5 min
Border 6 min
SF Courtyard 6 min
Radio Tower 7 min
SF Extraction 6 min
SF Arctic 6 min
SF Water Treatment 6 min
Mountain Ambush 6 min
SF Hospital 6 min
Dusk 5 min
SF Sandstorm 6 min
SF Csar 5 min
SF Oasis 6min
Bridge SE 7 min

Looks like it's SFmaps league. Who is an admin over there? :D  It's obvious there are some cool maps for competition, but...

1. Playing Hospital is ridiculous. It's not enough for you ???
2. Extraction is simply dumb, because of that one particular spawn.
3. Oasis is way one-sided, should be replaced by some other map, eg. Insurgent Camp
4. Maptimes are fucked up. HQ 5min? 4 is more than enough. SS 6 min? Looks like someone likes to crawl :D 3-4... , Dusk the same. On Radio Tower as Ares said if def is good and goes CP and DP, assault is in deep sh...

I'm surprised. On some maps times are much too long, on some other are too short. Does anybody out there who make maplist know what it is about?

5. Where is river basin or mountain pass?
6. Why no one ask people who will play in it about the maplist? It's funny after all.

Offline Alex

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, May 11, 2014, 15:11:20 PM »

HQ_Raid 5 min
Border 6 min
SF Courtyard 6 min
Radio Tower 7 min
SF Extraction 6 min
SF Arctic 6 min
SF Water Treatment 6 min
Mountain Ambush 6 min
SF Hospital 6 min
Dusk 5 min
SF Sandstorm 6 min
SF Csar 5 min
SF Oasis 6min
Bridge SE 7 min

I think all of those maps are good picks...except Extraction. Extraction is literally the worst competition map in the game as it's basically complete luck since the spawn system is so poor.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #38 on: Sunday, May 11, 2014, 16:07:47 PM »
I do try to repeat:
you can fix whatever you want with the other team. ever you can play another map I guess. both teams have to say ok for whatever, then you can go.
there is a set of rules from DESBL I did read, about 20 pages.

so no one has to join this league, but if you do, you should follow the rules, which are not that much - except you have a noob team on the other side which would like to go through every paragraph of its rules.

I like DESBL because they do organize always seasons for aa2 - still they do. and this is very good (thanks to gray for this).

Offline -[unR]BENDAWICH

« Reply #39 on: Sunday, May 11, 2014, 17:13:37 PM »
I'd take out hospital and 6 mins for sandstorm is way OTT. Never liked CSAR for comp as it is one of the easiest maps to defend.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 11, 2014, 17:25:45 PM by -[unR]BENDAWICH »

Offline razordenial

« Reply #40 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 01:48:55 AM »
Okay, so I said screw it, and purchased a website script for competitive purposes. This script has a ladder system embedded into it, along with a league script. Is there an interest in doing an AAO2.5 Ladder? And if so, would it be 2v2, 3v3 or more? Serious thoughts on this please.

Online Bart!

« Reply #41 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 03:57:26 AM »
For ladder 4v4: I dont think there are enough teams. Tournaments however could be good!

Offline Infinity

« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, May 14, 2014, 15:09:46 PM »
if friends played in a team its doable, but with a clan vs clan system it would end up like DESBL = many forfeit matches

Online Bart!

« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, May 14, 2014, 16:17:03 PM »
Onenightcups and drafts is what we are missing at this point.

Almost every evening only the dutch players got at least 8 people on. We could use this and get some more people to come in, make mixteams and with that a one night draft tournament.

This is what we need for activity in the matchscene. Long term tournaments is not main priority now. We need drafts and onenightcups for activity.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager