Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Do we want a competitive league for AAO 2.5?  (Read 16109 times)

Offline razordenial

Do we want a competitive league for AAO 2.5?
« on: Sunday, May 04, 2014, 22:04:29 PM »
I mean is this an option anymore? I mean, AA really isn't the same anymore, and it would be great to have some type of competition on 2.5, even if it's for sh*ts and giggles. I still have my old league script, and I have a domain I can run it on. So the question really is, is this something we really want to do?

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Do we want a competitive league for AAO 2.5?
« Reply #1 on: Monday, May 05, 2014, 01:20:41 AM »
There are some leagues and stuff for the EU side of things. There was more last year I guess.
The most recent of these is http://fun-league-community.com/ and I think it just finished it's season.

I really don't think there is anything for the NA side, though, and I don't know whether the player base for such a thing exists in the NA side.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #2 on: Monday, May 05, 2014, 05:43:57 AM »
the most popular tournaments for aa2 are here to find:

http://www.desbl.de/index.php?page=Portal

Online Bart!

« Reply #3 on: Monday, May 05, 2014, 05:57:54 AM »
the most popular tournaments for aa2 are here to find:

http://www.desbl.de/index.php?page=Portal
They are not per se popular, you could better say that they are the only one who still survived.
Their ruleset are in my opinion still not fitting with competitive format in general (spamrules, too high roundtimes, etc).

But they are not bad either, I just think it could be optimized more. The problem with that tournament is that there are too many ways to get cheap rounds by the rules. For example shooting in setup round will give round to the opponent (well, that's definitely a round they deserve...?)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #4 on: Monday, May 05, 2014, 07:26:37 AM »
as always you are right Bart! :)

Offline razordenial

« Reply #5 on: Monday, May 05, 2014, 10:40:52 AM »
What I am thinking of is to have a One-Day Cup where teams are chosen randomly with everyone that is signed up, like how things were done in the past. And then go from there. Do it once a month, and host the information on my tournament script. And if there is enough NA presence to do a more formal tournament, then we can go from there.

Offline -NicK.!

« Reply #6 on: Monday, May 05, 2014, 11:34:53 AM »
There are some leagues and stuff for the EU side of things. There was more last year I guess.
The most recent of these is http://fun-league-community.com/ and I think it just finished it's season.

I really don't think there is anything for the NA side, though, and I don't know whether the player base for such a thing exists in the NA side.
Ya the NA player base seems dead

Offline Infinity

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, May 08, 2014, 12:54:25 PM »
What if the main clans decide to create a tournament together and everyone sees how it goes from thereon.

I hv been back for a month or so and noticed that the amount of clans isn't that high and the same number of clans crop up on the servers.

If nobody revamps the "system" the AA scene will probably die.

Everyone has to be committed in this and we can always start from somewhere and hope that it leads to something bigger.

Infinity

Offline Ganja

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, May 08, 2014, 13:05:13 PM »
What if the main clans decide to create a tournament together and everyone sees how it goes from thereon.

I hv been back for a month or so and noticed that the amount of clans isn't that high and the same number of clans crop up on the servers.

If nobody revamps the "system" the AA scene will probably die.

Everyone has to be committed in this and we can always start from somewhere and hope that it leads to something bigger.

Infinity

Hey man,

there has been several attempts already to create a little league for Assist, like the Fun League Community, which was started by 2 HT members. But there doesn't seem to be such a great interest in scrims and matches. Half of the teams, even more probably, went forfeit because they weren't active anymore or because they claimed others were cheating or for any other reasons.

Ofcourse I'm all in for another attempt, but why would it work now .. The FLC cup is still not finished (our team is on the good way to win it btw) but nobody even cares anymore, even the FLC admins became passive about it and moved on to BF4 ...

If you have any ideas to get old players back (and keep them active) and organize another tournament, go ahead and try :)

Offline rmcdzk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, May 08, 2014, 13:19:43 PM »
Half of the teams, even more probably, went forfeit because they weren't active anymore or because they claimed others were cheating or for any other reasons.

Almost fell off my chair.  :D

Seems like 'gg' gets another meaning ;)

Offline Ganja

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, May 08, 2014, 14:13:14 PM »

It is true ... IGC acusing Kz of hacking. SWISS accusing Impact of using unfair advantages. Clans that don't scrim take the initiative to sign in, what I find extraordinary, but then they ragequit, which is sad :(

Offline razordenial

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, May 08, 2014, 19:52:28 PM »
Yeah I remember the old days. Yes, I'm an old school player, and I understand what people were complaining about back then. And it seems like people are still complaining about it today. What I'm purposing to offer is a league system (not ladder because ladders are a pain in the ass) where people can come together and play in matches that they want to play in.

What I would like to do is have a One-Night Cup, like back in the "olden" days. Everyone comes together in a Teamspeak server and we have captains choose their teams. If we expand from there, I would like to do a 3v3 team league, and we can move on from there. This is for shits and giggles, nothing more. If, by some miracle, we expand from there, then we can talk about more serious competitions.

Offline natoorrussia

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, May 08, 2014, 19:59:51 PM »

Why don't you try bring Tidi back, and start a league?

With two such professional and respectable players like you, i feel it could be an instant success, and would help aao25 to develop.

Offline rmcdzk

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday, May 09, 2014, 12:14:02 PM »
Sure, I'll stick a shovel up his ass and make him play.  ;)

If some cup or league starts we'll play in it. If I get some help from the most respectable and experienced, sarcastic, one map, one side, one tactic player who thinks he knows everything about this game with iknowyoucheat attitude it must be a great success.

Offline FireEagle

« Reply #14 on: Friday, May 09, 2014, 12:18:14 PM »
DeSBL registration for season 8 will cbe closed this sunday.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager