Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: AAO 2.5 CUP Rules  (Read 19097 times)

Offline Ganja

Re: AAO 2.5 CUP Rules
« Reply #30 on: Monday, July 08, 2013, 08:23:46 AM »
I'm looking for the team, fuck yeah.

Didi you wanna play with me? You'll be my ears and I will be .. still a noob

Offline denial.

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday, July 08, 2013, 18:57:17 PM »
Is this cup likely to be mildly competitive?

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #32 on: Monday, July 08, 2013, 19:10:23 PM »
I dont know what you exactly mean, but this is a pro tournament. :D All old pros are coming back for this cup :D

Offline Ganja

« Reply #33 on: Monday, July 08, 2013, 19:28:25 PM »
My dream is that one day there will be a cup for noobs only, or for normal players only, but not pro's.
You keep saying it will be fair etc. But normal players won't have a chance to win a single match ... would be cooler to mix up some teams with pro's and noobs ...

Offline nsd[jayy]

« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 01:06:19 AM »
Team nsd and a few other friends (North America) , would also like to participate in this tourney. We know that we'll have to play on EU servers in majority of our matches but we're okay with it. I will stay updated with your posts and see when registrations begin.

Seeya soon

nsd
http://battletracker.com/clanstats/aao/29886/
nsd[jayy]

Offline zoxee

« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 03:04:22 AM »
That's good news  :)

You're welcome guys  ;)
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 04:16:11 AM »
Good news jayy. If you play vs other NA clans you are more than welcome to use your servers.

Ganja cmon. Did you read what you just wrote? :D

Offline zoxee

« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 05:04:56 AM »
Ganja's got a point there. If the "Elite" always incest-plays among themselves
normal players will never have the chance to feel the thrill of participating in a
cup playing the game they love. But then again its competition, you can not force
a team leader to recruit someone..
What could be done on that matter is make a new rule that forces each team
to recruit a certain % of noob/normal players, that way every team would have
its noobs and there would be no disadvantage.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 05:07:46 AM by zoxee »
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 05:35:41 AM »
If a team loses in the first round of the playoff bracket they are going to play in the losers playoff bracket only against teams who also lost in the first round. This way "noob" teams play against each other. And also every team has guaranteed to play 2 matches atleast and not only one. And I would also like to see a "super final" where the team who won the regular playoffs plays a final vs the team who won the losers bracket. Could be interesting. So even if you lost in the first round of the tournament you can win the whole cup.

Offline zoxee

« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 05:41:49 AM »
If a team loses in the first round of the playoff bracket they are going to play in the losers playoff bracket only against teams who also lost in the first round. This way "noob" teams play against each other. And also every team has guaranteed to play 2 matches atleast and not only one. And I would also like to see a "super final" where the team who won the regular playoffs plays a final vs the team who won the losers bracket. Could be interesting. So even if you lost in the first round of the tournament you can win the whole cup.

Good Ideas  :up:

Offline Ganja

« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 07:10:18 AM »
Good news jayy. If you play vs other NA clans you are more than welcome to use your servers.

Ganja cmon. Did you read what you just wrote? :D

Yes I know it sounds stupid haha but that would be cool, a tournament, juste to have fun, no price for the winner, mixed up teams, or randomly picked up teams

Offline Bart!

« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 12:45:49 PM »
That is perfectly doable in a double elimination bracket. In this way there is a loser bracket and a winner bracket, winner bracket loser also comes in the loser bracket, the winner of the loser bracket can play against the winner bracket, if they win they have to play another match, if they lose the winner bracket team has won the league. In this way everybody who lost will have 2 lost matches, and the team which won has a max of 1 lost match.

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 13:52:16 PM »
would be cooler to mix up some teams with pro's and noobs ...

Back in 2008 Paris (top3 player at the time) came out with an idea, that some of the most skilled and intelligent players could "teach" a few average players to enlarge their game play, as i recall nothing came of it. In a universe of 200/250 players every "top/good" player know each other so i think it might be a an idea to consider, to make in a future tournament.

Offline krIz+

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 13:53:58 PM »
mixed up teams, or randomly picked up teams
k. i pick bart

Offline Bart!

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 14:06:40 PM »
Back in 2008 Paris (top3 player at the time) came out with an idea, that some of the most skilled and intelligent players could "teach" a few average players to enlarge their game play, as i recall nothing came of it. In a universe of 200/250 players every "top/good" player know each other so i think it might be a an idea to consider, to make in a future tournament.
there was 1 mix cup at that moment, but nothing happened after that. He did play a lot of main only pipeline battles with us  :style:

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager