2vs2 and 4vs4 ?
1048 (72.6%)
Only 2vs2
133 (9.2%)
only 4vs4
263 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 294

Voting closed: Wednesday, March 12, 2014, 08:40:09 AM

Author Topic: AA2 TWL  (Read 6658 times)

Offline uNyaa

Re: AA2 TWL
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, February 11, 2014, 10:00:29 AM »
What can we do too get back a tournament?

Offline Bart!

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, February 11, 2014, 10:53:30 AM »
Convince TWL that enough teams will participate so it is worth the effort.

How many teams will sign up? Who already said they will do it for sure?
Give them a good reason to start it.

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, February 11, 2014, 12:29:09 PM »
Convince TWL that enough teams will participate so it is worth the effort.

How many teams will sign up? Who already said they will do it for sure?
Give them a good reason to start it.
And bring forth that we have people that would be willing to step up as AA2 TWL admins. I'd be willing to step up, having experience from ESL and HTGN as admin and match arranger. All they need to do is start a leauge, the rest will the community take care of.
And no CDC, for the love of god. People have enough problem joining servers as it is with tournement mode and Unautorized username kicks. CDC, for people who haven't used it; is the worst 3rd party anti cheat program to ever have been used in a game, period. It catches people from time to time, sure and prevent people. Or atleast did, but it's alot of managing and fixing before getting it to work, something people wouldn't handle today. I'm sure of it.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 11, 2014, 12:31:03 PM by Ares »

Offline uNyaa

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, February 16, 2014, 04:13:48 AM »
I will stepp up too ,
there are planny enough clans .

Offline Ganja

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, February 16, 2014, 08:42:50 AM »
I will stepp up too ,
there are planny enough clans .

Plenty of them are there only to pub (no offence), to have fun with eachother on teamspeak with no competition !

Offline -NicK.!

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, February 16, 2014, 13:19:46 PM »
I feel going through TWL will just be a waste of time, as sergio said, It would be better for us to have our own set up. 

Offline Ganja

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, February 16, 2014, 13:44:17 PM »
I feel going through TWL will just be a waste of time, as sergio said, It would be better for us to have our own set up. 

FLC is a good start for this. In the FLC, some teams scrim for the first time to se if they like it or not. It's not a big challenge to play against them, but it's always cool to see more teams in the current competition!

Offline WORLDCHANCELLOR

• Respected Members
    • View Profile
  • AA: nfy.[BLANK]
« Reply #22 on: Monday, February 24, 2014, 19:12:50 PM »
Ugh, TWL blows, always has, always will. Why not do it through Assist? I mean, seriously, we're donating and stuff to this cause, which shows we trust the leadership and what they've done here. So why shouldn't we trust them to do this?

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #23 on: Monday, February 24, 2014, 20:02:40 PM »
Ugh, TWL blows, always has, always will. Why not do it through Assist? I mean, seriously, we're donating and stuff to this cause, which shows we trust the leadership and what they've done here. So why shouldn't we trust them to do this?
I believe it's not about trust, but rather the fact that Assist devs don't have the time to manage such a thing.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline WORLDCHANCELLOR

• Respected Members
    • View Profile
  • AA: nfy.[BLANK]
« Reply #24 on: Monday, February 24, 2014, 23:03:55 PM »
I believe it's not about trust, but rather the fact that Assist devs don't have the time to manage such a thing.

I definitely get that angle, and I was rather vague. So we generally love what they've done here -- kept the game we love alive, even updated it (and even continually update it), fixed stuff, added stuff, and then created an official community for it, among other things. The structure, around which this whole thing is formulated, is sufficient enough -- and perhaps even efficient enough -- to handle an official league. The Devs don't have to administer the leagues necessarily. Picking league managers and administrators could be a vote-designated thing, considering we have 'community' built directly into the Assist program, in addition to these forums. If people throw their proverbial 'hat into the ring,' an initial screening of the candidates (based on whatever criteria) can be administered by Assist folks (if need-be), and then a community vote could decide the appointments of the potential league's operators.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager