Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: [mAAp] Breakout  (Read 23947 times)

Offline R!$kX

[mAAp] Breakout
« on: Friday, May 08, 2015, 10:51:48 AM »
Hello everyone, i'd like to report a glitch on [mAAp] Breakout, most of glasses on this map are breakable, but on the upper floor near the extraction and the office some of them dont break, and the bullets pass through it anyway. Take a look at it if you have time  ;)

Plus, i have to say, i dont know if this map already existed or not, but who created it is a genius, very well designed. Congrats  :up:

Thank you for your time

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: [mAAp] Breakout
« Reply #1 on: Friday, May 08, 2015, 17:58:40 PM »
It's a lot of work to get the glass to function properly. You have to remove the glass, add a decomesh in it's place, set it up to be damageable, set the damaged mesh, add a glass shard emitter, link it to the decomesh and test it. Then you get to do that for each and every pane of glass, giving them all different names. Pretty tedious and a good reason why you don't see a lot of it in AA maps.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline R!$kX

« Reply #2 on: Friday, May 08, 2015, 20:46:24 PM »
Well, its a just minor detail considering how great the map is, just thought it could be easy to repair. Thanks for the answer, keep up the good work  :cool:

Offline Rapture

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, May 09, 2015, 07:56:21 AM »
I didnt create the original version. But the one your playing now is my work. Thanks for the appreciation for it. I did infact notice that i did this on the map and never got back around to fixing the glass. Glad to see that someone is still enjoying the map. I may have to re-download this game again and start Rekking again. As Spanky said, unreal editor can be a pain in the @$$. You start out excited your about to make/re-make a map thinking its gonna take a few days and it turns into a few months of headache. Unreal is very picky and if you dont go down the whole list and fix each individual thing then something is bound to f up. I think i originally was wanting to complete it in like 3-4 days and turned out to be a few months. Unreal gets irritating at times.
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 09, 2015, 08:00:17 AM by Rapture »

Offline Alex

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, May 09, 2015, 14:14:34 PM »
It's a lot of work to get the glass to function properly. You have to remove the glass, add a decomesh in it's place, set it up to be damageable, set the damaged mesh, add a glass shard emitter, link it to the decomesh and test it. Then you get to do that for each and every pane of glass, giving them all different names. Pretty tedious and a good reason why you don't see a lot of it in AA maps.
Na, just skip the glass shatter emitters. Nobody would even notice. Then it's as easy to just copy-paste an already existing glass decomesh.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager