Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: sound bug  (Read 10230 times)

Offline wAtNc

• View Profile
Re: sound bug
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 08:31:57 AM »
I ve changed soundvolume on ini to 3...

Jared

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 12:14:56 PM »
Just so you know there will be a new update to the cvars that limit that value to 2.

Offline elementx+

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 15:29:50 PM »
Just so you know there will be a new update to the cvars that limit that value to 2.
why?:O

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 15:31:59 PM »
why?:O

You shouldn't need to change in-game sound, brightness, contrast or gamma IMO.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline elementx+

« Reply #19 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 15:34:38 PM »
i have binds to change brihtness gamma and contrass. everytime its too dark i press a button to get a better view and the other way around.

Jared

« Reply #20 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 15:39:07 PM »
You shouldn't need to change in-game sound, brightness, contrast or gamma IMO.

changing the FOV is worse than doing gcb binds

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 15:42:30 PM »
i have binds to change brihtness gamma and contrass. everytime its too dark i press a button to get a better view and the other way around.

That makes me lol.

Offline elementx+

« Reply #22 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 16:52:38 PM »
different maps different settings. if taht makes you lol thats your own problem:) your attitude about this game makes me lol;)

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 17:27:42 PM »
different maps different settings

No. If a section of map is too dark then it's because of 1 of 2 reasons;
1. The map is supposed to be like that which means it looks like that for everybody else and you're trying to get an advantage over other players to compensate for skill.
2. Your monitor isn't calibrated.

I'll admit that I have a crappy monitor that I bought 5 years ago. It has washed out colors and backlight streaks. But, it's calibrated. Even crappy low-end monitors can be calibrated to show colors and brightness *decently*. I never EVER have to touch in-game brightness, gamma or contrast.

"Different maps different settings" isn't a valid excuse because level designers typically have better computers and monitors that require less calibration and show colors accurately out of the box. Not to mention that there's plenty of beta testers for AA that gave averaged feedback for the maps. If everybody complained that one was too dark or too bright, the devs would change it. I've seen this kind of feedback on the AA beta forums.

I'm coming at this subject with common sense and trust in the designers (you know, the ones that do this for a living) that knew what they were doing when they created the specific environment. Now someone comes along with their bargain-bin Walmart monitor and thinks they know what the map should look like. I like to experience digital content (games, music, movies) the way the professional created it. If that makes you lol then I suggest you keep enjoying your low quality products and leave the quality products for those of us that enjoy them.

Just a note, the OP fixed their issue so I don't mind going off-topic.

Offline elementx+

« Reply #24 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 18:06:42 PM »
why would anyone complain about the britghness of a map while they can change it for their liking. And if you shouldnot change them why are they built into the game? i know plenty of guys who even change gbc on their nvidia drivers to have a better view. I like some maps britgh some maps dark. its up to me how i wanna play... i ll touch my nvidia settings if you remove gbc so it would be useless to do anyways... im not tryin whine about it, but i like the game the way i play it and i ve neevr heard such a nonsense that you should not be able to change gamma brithgness and contrast.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 18:14:58 PM »
why are they built into the game?

To compensate for users that don't know about quality monitors or monitor calibration. Not to have an advantage or change the environment (which the developers spent a lot of time on) to your liking.

I change my monitor settings in the Nvidia control panel but only to a calibrated standard. I never said I wanted to remove in-game settings, I just said it's pretty much pointless if you care about quality and have a calibrated monitor. You missed my point about beta testers suggesting a brightness change in a map. The point of testing and receiving feedback like that is to use settings that the majority agree on. Why you have to tweak something that's been created by a professional and then tested by a wide range of hardware is beyond me. You must have a crappy monitor or you really need the advantage.

Offline wAtNc

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 03:56:01 AM »
Spanky dude I love what u did for this game but get this one straight, INI is just setting configurations correctly for my machine, nothing else, my soundcard sucks, please don´t be playing god, with those "no lean" rules, INI configs are for everyone to do as they wish..

This is, my INI configurations only concern to me, they should not concern you. You can concern about you own configurations..
Elementx, good player, as far as I care he could be playing AA with 20mouse sensibility,no brightness and full gama lol that´s hes problem.

And dude, dont try to lecture me about this game lol
« Last Edit: Monday, January 23, 2012, 04:06:04 AM by wAtNc »

Offline wAtNc

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 04:36:26 AM »
open mkenna, and put ur brightness on max, welcome to the world of never needing night vision goggles. welcome to being able to see further in the dark then people who prefer to play like spanky, how the game was intended.
but if I want to do that, its my .ini
same as my command
exec m16pokes.txt its in my system folder fuck u cunts who concern urself with how I play.

as said about sound camping, I can understand u doing it in competitive play, gaining as much of an advantage so u use sound/brightness thats fair game, but if your doing these tricks in pub play, your dick resembles

but then who wouldnt exploit this amirite?amirite?

Change name from major whatever to major naab? LOL

sound is low dude just trying to get it lowder, sound is one thing, skill is another, kthxbye
« Last Edit: Monday, January 23, 2012, 04:38:22 AM by wAtNc »

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 04:39:38 AM »
Well I think this topic was about sound soooo, I play with the sound on max :)

Offline wAtNc

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 04:42:12 AM »
Well I think this topic was about sound soooo, I play with the sound on max :)
Yes it was, this dude just poped up talking about competitive gaming like he knows wtf that is LOL bottom line sound is low, get over it

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager