Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Slot closed.  (Read 6199 times)

Offline SASF-DarkShooter

• Respected Members
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
Slot closed.
« on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 12:27:31 PM »
Hello, My server just had everybody kicked for the authorization slot closed thing. It's obviously a thing that's brought with the release of 2.5 assist. I've seen some individuals being kicked for that once or twice, but this time it kicked everybody in the server. Is it a client side bug?

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Slot closed.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 12:37:06 PM »
Perhaps the Assist server crashed momentarily? I wouldn't worry about it. Official Auth went down many times and servers always crashed. It will still happen with Assist :)
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Jonnym

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 14:24:08 PM »
if someone restarts the auth server every player will get kicked from every server.

Offline SASF-Daniels

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, May 01, 2012, 21:38:33 PM »
no there is something wrong with the program i see more and more people kicked with this reason myself included it worked fine but now it freezes alot and it wont shut down on pc either is says failed to communicate with authentification server...its not my connection..it takes forever to load up the servers also...and server pings show like 19000 :-\

Offline SASF-Daniels

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, May 02, 2012, 07:54:31 AM »
No its not 3rd party hijack you see more and more with same problem....either its suspicious admin login.....or autorization server failed to respond people her kicked for...i have seen at least 15 people with this problem in fact right now i get message 2.5 assist server is down...trying to re  install the entire thing 25 assist freezes up...and i cannot locate DL servers....this continues im not wasting time on this version...no matter what i do this program freezes up even if it DL even if i play..it all happend suddenly so i dont think im wrong in assuming its the program itself...re install didnt help at all
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 02, 2012, 09:15:37 AM by SASF-Daniels »

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, May 02, 2012, 12:01:43 PM »
Actually I think that if the program does not change then it does not have maintenance issues. Essentially the program should eternally function.

Offline SASF-Daniels

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, May 02, 2012, 13:41:43 PM »
there has been a few upgrades :P...and it has to make 2 attemptes at contacting autorization server...firewall and anti f\virus is turned of...the program is bugged..and unless its fixed...all effort making it is wasted cause the amont of players will fall even further
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 02, 2012, 14:02:51 PM by SASF-Daniels »

Offline Alex

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, May 02, 2012, 14:17:17 PM »
there has been a few upgrades :P...and it has to make 2 attemptes at contacting autorization server...firewall and anti f\virus is turned of...the program is bugged..and unless its fixed...all effort making it is wasted cause the amont of players will fall even further
Not sure why you assume it is a program issue when the people experiencing this are in the vast minority. It's worked flawlessly for me. The reason for closed slot kicks is if someone gets a critical error or closes assist, instead of pb waiting to kick you, the auth server does it instead. It's easier that way. If everyone in the server got kicked at once, either the Auth server went down, or it was restarted. Not a big deal.

Offline SASF-Daniels

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, May 02, 2012, 14:23:16 PM »
where does it say every one...im speaking of what has happend to me and i seen i happen random all over the place if you think its a minority   just because people dont come here and post about it your making a bad mistake...im runing a 7 icore extreme 2 gtx 580 rog matrix cards 24 gig ram and im not supposed to think its the program freezing...its the program i dont even doubt it...IT WORKED FOR ME ALSO BUT IT DONT ANYMORE...i hope thats clear enough...and as for critical error it comes from 25 assist it says it cant connect to autheifitcation server please try gamespy then its frozen
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 02, 2012, 14:25:56 PM by SASF-Daniels »

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, May 02, 2012, 14:35:38 PM »
where does it say every one...im speaking of what has happend to me and i seen i happen random all over the place if you think its a minority   just because people dont come here and post about it your making a bad mistake...im runing a 7 icore extreme 2 gtx 580 rog matrix cards 24 gig ram and im not supposed to think its the program freezing...its the program i dont even doubt it...IT WORKED FOR ME ALSO BUT IT DONT ANYMORE...i hope thats clear enough...and as for critical error it comes from 25 assist it says it cant connect to autheifitcation server please try gamespy then its frozen

Players do get slot closed kick because communication between the server and the client drop off. It can be a matter of a critical error on the game client, but much more often it's just the connection on the player side dropping off. Btw i don't actually get many critical errors on this version of the game client.

P.s. authentication slot closed is a substitute of the elder "Md5 tool queries" kick, the reason which lies behind is the same.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 02, 2012, 14:39:14 PM by Koden »

Offline SASF-Daniels

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, May 02, 2012, 14:59:38 PM »
i never in my AA career been kicked by md5...and please then tell me why the 25 assist freeze after about 2 min of being started.....if that dont indicate program problem  i dunt know what does ;D.i do get AA game critical error but then it tells me its a critical error...but those only occur if i minimize the game many times...even if i havent even enterd a server 25 assist freeze...if that dont indicate program problem  i dunt know what does ;D

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, May 02, 2012, 15:16:38 PM »
i never in my AA career been kicked by md5...and please then tell me why the 25 assist freeze after about 2 min of being started.....if that dont indicate program problem  i dunt know what does ;D.i do get AA game critical error but then it tells me its a critical error...but those only occur if i minimize the game many times...even if i havent even enterd a server 25 assist freeze...if that dont indicate program problem  i dunt know what does ;D

if that only happen to you, the problem might be at your end.
my pc is rly old, and I dont get Critcal erros, and when assist freeze here, its due a prob in my pc.(sometimes when I connect my internet, open programs freeze, and is not possible to open others )
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline SASF-Daniels

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, May 02, 2012, 15:38:30 PM »
It dont only happen to me i seen it happen to 10 at least yesterday....and nothing else but this program freeze....pc still works normal with this frozen.....yes 100.use it pity.they never use this website...so you never know how many with probs

if was NORTON ANTIVIRUS  KILL MR NORTON  ::)
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 02, 2012, 17:34:06 PM by SASF-Daniels »

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, May 02, 2012, 15:42:09 PM »
It dont only happen to me i seen it happen to 10 at least yesterday....and boring else but this program freeze....pc still works normal with this frozen

if theres any interruption between client/server communication = Slot closed
if you click in "protec your name blabla" while playing = Slot closed
if you close assist while playing = Slot closed

if you don't like assist = Slot closed  :P
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline pit-23

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, May 02, 2012, 15:44:18 PM »
where does it say every one...im speaking of what has happend to me and i seen i happen random all over the place if you think its a minority

As far as "authorization slot closed" case is concerned, this is normal and probably happens when you choose another server from browser without exiting the one you played on. This is not a real kick.

This message is a bit misleading and causes much concern (I was asked many times as and admin - "why this guy was kicked", and I had to explain that he just left the server).

I think it will be best to remove this message.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 02, 2012, 15:47:52 PM by pit-23 »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager