Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Prone warning  (Read 8921 times)

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
Prone warning
« on: Sunday, September 08, 2013, 14:52:54 PM »
in the next update i hope Prone warning is less sensitive. :shock:
If i lei down so they can t shoot in that possision and i shoot to assault guy i get to fast a warning.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Prone warning
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, September 08, 2013, 14:56:36 PM »
no need to update i love the warnings

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, September 08, 2013, 15:20:55 PM »
It's fucking annoying, why don't they just make it so if you prone you can't shoot?

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, September 08, 2013, 15:22:14 PM »
The warnings are a really, really bad idea, since it screws up matches, scrims and any other serious playing, pubbing to for that matter. Before we had this, we just votekicked / disputed if someone did it, it was common practice and to be perfectly honest it was never a problem, not the problem that needed "fixing" atleast not this fix, to be paralyzed and not being able to aim because you 10/10 times does this in accident, is really bad. Remove this silly shit, it helps no one.

Offline alechko1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, September 08, 2013, 15:47:49 PM »
Proning is one thing, I saw a guy kicked 2 seconds after he entered a server. I was like 0_o. After on and off playing this game for so many year, I didn't even know this bug exsists...

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, September 08, 2013, 15:51:14 PM »
Proning is one thing, I saw a guy kicked 2 seconds after he entered a server. I was like 0_o. After on and off playing this game for so many year, I didn't even know this bug exsists...

I think most players don't use it as a bug, they do it as a reflex

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline alechko1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, September 08, 2013, 16:05:54 PM »
Maybe. I never had this reflex. I think its mostely those players who prone on close battles

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, September 08, 2013, 17:50:51 PM »
The warnings should stay. Many people used it as their "skill" to do nice pronebugs. And I am afraid I have to say that the ones complaining about it being bad to have to warnings are the ones who cant use their "skill" anymore.

Offline Alex

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, September 08, 2013, 21:22:11 PM »
It's fucking annoying, why don't they just make it so if you prone you can't shoot?
Because that's not possible. If they could make it to where you can;t shoot when you're going prone, they would. They can't so this is the next best thing.

It's there because it's an exploit that gives an unfair advantage to whoever is using it.

Offline Mixk

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, September 08, 2013, 22:13:33 PM »
Warning should stay but it does come on to fast. Have been completely on ground a few times before touching fire button and when do shoot end up doing the shakey shake. Now if some thing be done with the bunny hoppers. People can throw them selves down and shoot in real life. Kiss my ass if you can jump around a corner and can shoot and kill someone the split second your feet hit the floor.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline dtruesdale

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, September 08, 2013, 22:19:36 PM »
Warning should stay but it does come on to fast. Have been completely on ground a few times before touching fire button and when do shoot end up doing the shakey shake. Now if some thing be done with the bunny hoppers. People can throw them selves down and shoot in real life. Kiss my ass if you can jump around a corner and can shoot and kill someone the split second your feet hit the floor.

yeah since there is a prone bug where is the bunny hop bug? I know this was used widely in CS and hated it. Was told when AAO first started tat ey took this into consideration and the bunny hop is not suppose to help. Center body mass is supposed to be in same position even if player hops. I just never have seen if work that way.

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #11 on: Monday, September 09, 2013, 03:19:18 AM »
If it would be possible to Bunny Hop and shoot at same time I can understand that would be unrealistic and weird. But now there is just a jumping target that is not shooting back. So aim better and kill the jumping human rabbit :D

Offline Mixk

« Reply #12 on: Monday, September 09, 2013, 03:44:17 AM »
If it would be possible to Bunny Hop and shoot at same time I can understand that would be unrealistic and weird. But now there is just a jumping target that is not shooting back. So aim better and kill the jumping human rabbit :D
Kinda hard to do when it is usually the hopper doing it around a corner and as stated, the\split second they hit floor you already dead from headshot.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #13 on: Monday, September 09, 2013, 03:52:10 AM »
So you suggest removing jumping in general or what? Dont make the soldier a retard who cannot even jump :D You have to kill him then before he hits the ground.
« Last Edit: Monday, September 09, 2013, 03:55:57 AM by KARI-30 »

Offline Mixk

« Reply #14 on: Monday, September 09, 2013, 05:22:43 AM »
So you suggest removing jumping in general or what? Dont make the soldier a retard who cannot even jump :D You have to kill him then before he hits the ground.
I never said removing jumping. that  would be asinine, just as removing going prone would. It doesn't matter what is done as long as it stops them from jumping around blind corners and having a dead bead on the others head and killing them as their feet hit the floor. Give them the shakes just like the prone shooter gets. Your missing the point completely which is, there is no way a person can do this because you can not hold on point of aim and jump and land and shoot. The jarring effect of landing would throw your aim so far off.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager