Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Prone warning  (Read 8963 times)

Offline KARI-30

Re: Prone warning
« Reply #15 on: Monday, September 09, 2013, 05:57:41 AM »
If I understand it correctly you suggest that when someone jumps, he then has to stand still for a second and then he can shoot. OMG please no. Dont change the gameplay.

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #16 on: Monday, September 09, 2013, 06:08:38 AM »
Lolwut maybe the complainers need to get some skills. If you can't shoot someone bunnyhopping then you can better stop playing and do tetris

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline Ganja

« Reply #17 on: Monday, September 09, 2013, 06:23:00 AM »
It's fucking annoying, why don't they just make it so if you prone you can't shoot?

Lolwut maybe the complainers need to get some skills.  you can better stop playing and do tetris

Offline Mixk

« Reply #18 on: Monday, September 09, 2013, 08:02:03 AM »
If I understand it correctly you suggest that when someone jumps, he then has to stand still for a second and then he can shoot. OMG please no. Dont change the gameplay.
No I am saying that. I am saying if you have to wait when you go prone to shoot then someone jumping around a corner should also. You people act as if you can hop around a corner and accurately shoot someone and you can't. Don't change game play? It won't change game play anymore than stopping the prone shooting did.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #19 on: Monday, September 09, 2013, 08:06:31 AM »
The thing is the pronebug is and was considered a bug. Jumping around the corner and shooting when you land - isnt. End of story for me.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #20 on: Monday, September 09, 2013, 08:53:23 AM »
I diddend talk about jumping when i starded this topic

[Qquote author=KARI-30 link=topic=4031.msg53804#msg53804 date=1378728391]
The thing is the pronebug is and was considered a bug. Jumping around the corner and shooting when you land - isnt. End of story for me.
[/quote]
« Last Edit: Monday, September 09, 2013, 09:01:09 AM by Vanoke »

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #21 on: Monday, September 09, 2013, 11:18:34 AM »

complainers in de zin van mensen die er voor zijn om bunny hopping te verneuken  :up:

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline Saltuarius

« Reply #22 on: Monday, September 09, 2013, 11:59:17 AM »
in 2.8.5 prone bug was removed. u copied so many things from 2.8.5., isnt it possible to copy that fix from 2.8.5. ?

Offline Mixk

« Reply #23 on: Monday, September 09, 2013, 12:47:18 PM »
I diddend talk about jumping when i starded this topic

[Qquote author=KARI-30 link=topic=4031.msg53804#msg53804 date=1378728391]
Sorry for the high jack of your topic Vanoke.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline Alex

« Reply #24 on: Monday, September 09, 2013, 12:51:03 PM »
in 2.8.5 prone bug was removed. u copied so many things from 2.8.5., isnt it possible to copy that fix from 2.8.5. ?
Like I said, if it could have been done, it would have been done. From my understanding, without the source code it's not possible to change gameplay elements like that.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #25 on: Monday, September 09, 2013, 13:04:16 PM »
I never said removing jumping. that  would be asinine, just as removing going prone would. It doesn't matter what is done as long as it stops them from jumping around blind corners and having a dead bead on the others head and killing them as their feet hit the floor. Give them the shakes just like the prone shooter gets. Your missing the point completely which is, there is no way a person can do this because you can not hold on point of aim and jump and land and shoot. The jarring effect of landing would throw your aim so far off.
just aim where he lands, a jumper actually is in a disadvantage unless the opponent does not know how to aim.

Removing jumping will make sure people sitting in a corner holding their aimpoint at 1 spot got a severe advantage. Which is definitely not good for the game.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager