Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Pipeline Smoke Penetration  (Read 26544 times)

Offline phuNkiii.ops

Re: Pipeline Smoke Penetration
« Reply #15 on: Friday, January 09, 2015, 15:00:02 PM »
its an advantage everywhere.. it even removes smoke/fog so you see stuff clearly..  Ez to check where people are or are moving..

example doing at start of round in CP room to see all enemys and where they are moving

Offline Leet

« Reply #16 on: Friday, January 09, 2015, 15:09:36 PM »
Or in main entrance, from outside to see where people are hiding inside of main and prefire at them / flash them. I see quite a few people doing this.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #17 on: Friday, January 09, 2015, 15:11:39 PM »
You can't move because your player is locked, type "mpcheat playerlock0" in the console or just class a weapon.

I know that can be done on any wall, my point was, where is it a problem? Where is it an advantage? Where should we focus on fixing it?
You're such a noob when it come to offline playing.
There's no reason to use multiplayer cheats when playing offline (i.e singleplayer) ;) .

Just "class r" will give you a weapon and unlock you.
It also helps doing "god" and "deathstalker", last of which gives unlimited ammo.

I know what "see through walls" shit they're talking about and I know it's a problem for a lot of places, hell most of all places, the whole Pipeline map for instance. The thinner the wall the easier this is to do. However, I don't know of an easy way to "fix" this. As I believe it makes your camera go on the other side of the wall, it doesn't matter how many anti-portals you put there...
« Last Edit: Friday, January 09, 2015, 15:13:48 PM by teddy_grizzly_bear »
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #18 on: Friday, January 09, 2015, 15:21:19 PM »
We can thicken walls but if your camera goes even slightly inside the wall, it can see through so by adding an anti-portal, everything will be removed from the map and the player will see nothing. It won't fix the problem but it will fix the advantage.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Ganja

« Reply #19 on: Saturday, January 10, 2015, 06:58:41 AM »
If you have decent normal sound you know where the enemy is anyway, specially on Pipeline

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, January 10, 2015, 08:39:05 AM »
If you have decent normal sound you know where the enemy is anyway, specially on Pipeline
Not when I throw a smoke and talk a lot on TS ;)
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Ganja

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, January 10, 2015, 12:00:17 PM »
Not when I throw a smoke and talk a lot on TS ;)

Haha you annoying fucker. I mean even without sound, the spots where the enemy is going to be are so predictable. Even more since most of the pubbers nowadays are too lazy to change tactics

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, January 10, 2015, 14:50:05 PM »
there's no advantage at all for assault smoking that corner, all it does is cover sound for defense so they can nade/flash/do whatever the fuck they want. When i'm defense I love when assault smokes that corner, you can still see players coming through maindoor when leaning out as defense in main. So keep smoking peeps.
As far as the bugging goes, it's silly. Gives no real advantage in smoking through walls.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, January 11, 2015, 07:00:51 AM »
It was an advantage in weapons cache matches, when opposing team camped 3d floor you could already ruin their sound and sight a bit by smoking on top of the racks at 1st floor.

For pipe it does not help a lot, main purpose of such a smoke is for stopping the sound, but that only works on 4v4 when def does not know where to watch, distracting them at main and pushing north or primary valve.

It is a bit more annoying to see main, but still not enough smoke unless you stack some, which will give the team a disadvantage since they need those smokes in main pump.

Offline Mixk

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, January 11, 2015, 07:46:37 AM »
I know that can be done on any wall, my point was, where is it a problem? Where is it an advantage? Where should we focus on fixing it?

Where I have seen it done most in pipeline is the steps coming into main pump room from main corridor, the exterior side of main pump room on the south side, exterior side of the east side of main building, and two spots outside oil tower entrance. One just south of the door and other where north east and east tunnels join.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager