Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Insurgent Camp - few bugs where you are invisble from certain angles...  (Read 3088 times)

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
  • AA: Dav3
Insurgent Camp - few bugs where you are invisble from certain angles...
« on: Monday, October 21, 2013, 09:22:08 AM »
So, IC being the best map ever made....Has 2 bugs that I know of.

If you go there you are completely invisible to the enemy / anyone who is looking at that place from certain angles. But at the same time you have full visibility from these spots and can shoot and kill.

Im not going to post them publicly since they get abused enough and the fewer people who abuse bugs the better. If anyone with map editing abilities has the urge to fix them leme know and I can send details.

I dont know what the policy is for editing original maps...but some vague details - its quite small spots behind relatively small objects.

I ask no real hero pop out and make bugs common knowledge and report them instead with the hopes of being fixed.

Offline Saltuarius

Re: Insurgent Camp - few bugs where you are invisble from certain angles...
« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 21, 2013, 10:04:33 AM »
why not start to eradicate all known mapbugs?

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 21, 2013, 10:09:22 AM »
why not start to eradicate all known mapbugs?

That would make too much sense.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 21, 2013, 12:16:08 PM »
If those spots aren't vital to the gameplay or you have to walk through them (i bet they haven't to), then you can easily add a playerblock volume to make em impossible/not convenient to reach and hide onto. I did something like that for a few spots of the official version of the SF Hospital map we were using some time ago (it was rolled back to the original earlier this year i think).
« Last Edit: Monday, October 21, 2013, 12:30:35 PM by Koden »

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 21, 2013, 16:46:13 PM »
Ill take some ss tonight and what not to pm

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #5 on: Monday, October 21, 2013, 18:00:15 PM »
The devs have previously tried to fix known bugs, but then people come and complain how they're "ruining" the original maps.

But if it doesn't change a whole lot, then the devs might do it, you just need to PM one of them the problem (probably with screenshots attached as well).

PS. was trying to post this like 6 hrs earlier, but had an error, but I cba to see if it's still relevant or not.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2013, 11:43:43 AM »
The devs have previously tried to fix known bugs, but then people come and complain how they're "ruining" the original maps.

But if it doesn't change a whole lot, then the devs might do it, you just need to PM one of them the problem (probably with screenshots attached as well).

PS. was trying to post this like 6 hrs earlier, but had an error, but I cba to see if it's still relevant or not.

I dont know what you are exactly referring to but I can see how if done incorrectly it could absolutely ruin a map - ie if you just block that whole section off that defeats the purpose and is not fixing it but a patch job and could indeed ruin the map.

Similar to their solution to the "laydown glitch" and how people abused single shot. It is now virtually useless on most guns. But that is a whole different topic.

I was busy ownin nubs last night but one of these days ill get the ss and info down and forward it to people interested and with the know how to fix.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager