Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Game Freezing randomly  (Read 16826 times)

Offline Froster

Game Freezing randomly
« on: Thursday, December 19, 2013, 13:54:53 PM »
I have a Lenovo l530 , and i used to run americas army very smooth , i dont know what exactly happend but now it started to freeze alot and its really hard to play im just sure what is the problem it is using the INTEL HD 4000 with the latest drivers and also directx latest drivers ? do anyone have same problem i guess?
please i really need HELP ASAP to get this figured out and i have just formated my whole HD and reinstalled a freshly new WINDOWS 7 64bit ..thanks please help again.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Game Freezing randomly
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, December 19, 2013, 13:58:08 PM »
Intel GPU is a problem, you'll get low FPS. Your second problem is that you're playing games on a laptop.

I'd bet your problem is heat, incredibly common in laptops and nobody thinks about it. Download HWMonitor, run it and then play the game. After a while, take a screenshot of HWMonitor and post it here.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Froster

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, December 19, 2013, 14:40:44 PM »
Intel GPU is a problem, you'll get low FPS. Your second problem is that you're playing games on a laptop.

I'd bet your problem is heat, incredibly common in laptops and nobody thinks about it. Download HWMonitor, run it and then play the game. After a while, take a screenshot of HWMonitor and post it here.

noo my FPS IS locked at 60 it never drops down , just the actual game freezes not the whole pc the screen freezes idk what is it , i can play the game but from time to time it freezes for a while so die quickly! ill see what i can do

it has some good specs i think here :
cpu : Core™ i5-3210M
Memory   : 4gb
gpu : intel hd4000

Offline Alex

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, December 19, 2013, 14:45:02 PM »

Intel HD 4000 is more than capable of playing AA. Heat could be an issue though.

Offline Froster

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, December 19, 2013, 14:52:21 PM »

i just took this before starting to play!

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, December 19, 2013, 14:53:49 PM »

noo my FPS IS locked at 60 it never drops down , just the actual game freezes not the whole pc the screen freezes idk what is it , i can play the game but from time to time it freezes for a while so die quickly! ill see what i can do

it has some good specs i think here :
cpu : Core™ i5-3210M
Memory   : 4gb
gpu : intel hd4000

Maybe you're lack of memory?
It could be a RAM damage or like what spanky said overheat. Because when any game is running your engine gets hotter that it requires a strong performance to use the game engine and graphics.
Try full re install, update graphics card to the latest, also it may be your connection problems.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, December 19, 2013, 14:55:44 PM »
i just took this before starting to play!
Needs to be after so we can see the heat under load. I still say Intel isn't good for gaming, even an older game like AA. The HD4000 is a little better than my GPU and on full settings at 1680x1050, FPS drops a fair amount in quite a few areas. If I was really into playing AA, I'd want something better. The Intel GPU is mostly good for hardware accelerated stuff, not gaming.

To touch on what ArmyAntiCheat said, go here and install any new updates:
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

Offline Froster

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, December 19, 2013, 14:57:31 PM »
Needs to be after so we can see the heat under load. I still say Intel isn't good for gaming, even an older game like AA. The HD4000 is a little better than my GPU and on full settings at 1680x1050, FPS drops a fair amount in quite a few areas. If I was really into playing AA, I'd want something better. The Intel GPU is mostly good for hardware accelerated stuff, not gaming.

To touch on what ArmyAntiCheat said, go here and install any new updates:
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

no i just took this picture to see if eveerything is fine and my maximum res is 1366x768 so it might be better , i have recently updated it to so..in the past i had no problem with it ..to be honest

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, December 19, 2013, 14:59:41 PM »
I don't see anything wrong with idle temps, seems normal for a laptop.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, December 19, 2013, 15:00:31 PM »
That processor will run some games at around 30 FPS as long as you adjust the presets to low and set the game resolution somewhere around 1280x720. It definitely isn't designed for gaming. Lower your settings to lowest if possible and if you have already done it i am sure you need something more powerful.

Offline Froster

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, December 19, 2013, 15:10:49 PM »
I don't see anything wrong with idle temps, seems normal for a laptop.

THE GAME WAS STILL RUNNING WHEN I TOOK THE PIC
i have put down a 10 minute timer and rechecked them take a look ! :

game settings :
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 19, 2013, 15:13:42 PM by Froster »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, December 19, 2013, 15:15:51 PM »
Wouhou I have Lenovo too :D

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, December 19, 2013, 15:17:21 PM »
Lower your game settings to lowest, your intel is not designed for gaming therefore it cannot manage to run assist properly.

Lower your resolution too.
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 19, 2013, 15:19:07 PM by ArmyAntiCheat »

Offline Alex

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, December 19, 2013, 15:24:47 PM »
Lower your game settings to lowest, your intel is not designed for gaming therefore it cannot manage to run assist properly.

Lower your resolution too.
This is so wrong I don't even know what to say...
His processor should rip apart AA. A fucking Pentium 4 can max out AA.

His laptop should run AA like a dream, and his FPS proves it. He is just dealing with random freezes. Telling him to lower settings isn't going to help anything.

My advice, look for driver updates. Test the game with vsync off. Not sure what else to do. Maybe it's your internet connection?
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 19, 2013, 15:28:24 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, December 19, 2013, 15:29:46 PM »
This is so wrong I don't even know what to say...
His processor should rip apart AA. A fucking Pentium 4 can max out AA.

Just tried to help, its worth of try but as you said it may be need of driver update.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager