Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Freeze and critical after Map changing  (Read 4463 times)

Offline langy

Freeze and critical after Map changing
« on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 21:39:32 PM »
Since the last update we have noticed on the ausaao25 Server that when u change a map we have alot of players freezing halfway through map change and having to Alt Tab out and end Americas Army to be able to join New Map, We use a Linux Server and have it set to Automatically update itself daily and have had OICURMT! check all ini files to make sure there isnt a problem. At first i thought it was our server doing this but jumping on to a US server i noticed the same thing which then led me to believe it may be a problem with Auth system, Any ideas on how this can be fixed as any help would be appreciated.

Langy

Offline ELiZ

Re: Freeze and critical after Map changing
« Reply #1 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 21:54:43 PM »
Since the last update we have noticed on the ausaao25 Server that when u change a map we have alot of players freezing halfway through map change and having to Alt Tab out and end Americas Army to be able to join New Map, We use a Linux Server and have it set to Automatically update itself daily and have had OICURMT! check all ini files to make sure there isnt a problem. At first i thought it was our server doing this but jumping on to a US server i noticed the same thing which then led me to believe it may be a problem with Auth system, Any ideas on how this can be fixed as any help would be appreciated.

Langy

Players getting CE's at that moment, or is it that their clients just stop doing anything(Loading screen?)?

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #2 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 22:55:19 PM »
I meant to report this too, I think it's due to training. Rapture and the guys were on Hospital and then he switched to mAAp Pipe. I waited forever at the loading screen just to find out AA had frozen and when I went to Assist to join the server, it said I didn't have training. Switched accounts and hopped right in.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Rapture

« Reply #3 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 23:33:02 PM »
yeah we are getting that as well. upon map switches lots of people are getting critical or they sit at loading screen for ever. sometimes we have to make people completley leave the server before map changes and it sucks cause sometimes the dont rejoin they go to other servers. i find my self going into task manager most of the time to end ArmyOps.exe*32 and then having to renter the server :/

Offline Mike Mentzer

• don't change old maps!! Give noobs not a chance!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 02:01:00 AM »
I meant to report this too, I think it's due to training. Rapture and the guys were on Hospital and then he switched to mAAp Pipe. I waited forever at the loading screen just to find out AA had frozen and when I went to Assist to join the server, it said I didn't have training. Switched accounts and hopped right in.

And that a god reason you need sometime a 2nd account to pas this timeoutyouaccountfrozensomewhere bug!
Not for me i got some Accounts befor but i think for the noobs who just Start to Play this game. Its only my 2 cents.
Nice some Ass licking around   ((_) :censored: D :P (_o_) :P

Offline langy

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 02:41:03 AM »

And that a god reason you need sometime a 2nd account to pas this timeoutyouaccountfrozensomewhere bug!
Not for me i got some Accounts befor but i think for the noobs who just Start to Play this game. Its only my 2 cents.

And Changing the topic isnt solving this issue.

JonnyM

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 03:22:09 AM »
I can confirm i have had the problem too, ArmyOps freezes when changing maps, Just gets stuck on the loading screen.

Its not the training requirement, that does not kick in until much later.

Offline langy

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 19:30:52 PM »
Has there been any Progress in a fix for this Problem guys?

Offline dtruesdale

« Reply #8 on: Friday, August 23, 2013, 04:02:47 AM »
I run AAO in Linux and this at first I thought was a Linux issue, now I see it is not. So this is caused by AAO 2.5 and AAO not communicating during a map change? Is this correctable? I was thinking about setting up a server like I did in the past that did map rotation, That is why I ask.

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #9 on: Friday, August 23, 2013, 04:28:32 AM »
Happens to me all the time and same for alot other people. Hope you can fix this. Just like Rapture I have to go to task man. to end ArmyOps, but alot of people can't do the ctrl+alt+del and get stuck forever ending up restarting their PC

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager