Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Banned from a server  (Read 1912 times)

Offline KillaToby

Banned from a server
« on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 01:49:06 AM »
I realize this may not be in the correct place- however it's more of a bug then anything so I figure I'd share.

I was playing on the 82nd Airborne Server tonight and without noticing it my laptop's power cable came unplugged, so naturally my computer died while I was playing.  I plugged it in and hit "Resume Windows," because my computer died, so did my internet obviously.  I typed in reconnect into the console and then the game kicked me and banned me from the server (I can join other servers still) my guess is that Assist thought I was trying to log-in to two accounts at once or have multiple accounts in the same server, honestly I'm not too sure. 

If any 82nd read this forum can you unban me please  :) I'll be posting in your forum sometime tomorrow probably, seeing as it's an ungodly hour right now.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Banned from a server
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 06:54:14 AM »
I believe it's a 1 day ban from the server for duplicate ID (not 100% sure).

And It's not a bug, because if you would disable it, it would allow 1 person to log on to the server twice, and that would just not be OK.
You might argue that the server should have kicked you, but it doesn't until it's sure you're gone (otherwise just a few packets lost for whatever reasons would result in a kick), in a few more minutes it would have probably kicked you for Losing key packets or Authentication failure or something else similar.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline BiG_SerGiO

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • "I got soul but i'm not a soldier..."
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese Warriors
  • AA: [PTwars]b!6
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 07:24:48 AM »
Yes, you should be able to join the server again today.
"Three things can not hide for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth"?
Hmm?

https://vortexservers.com/clients/aff.php?aff=406

Offline @xe

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 08:13:08 AM »
I believe this is an AA Assist type ban as it does not show in our system, i have seen this happen before.

It is a funny thing as we have had players that have been vote kicked or kicked because of ROE that just type reconnect and are back in the server no issues so it must be a particular set of events that happen to activate this ban type.

Sorry for the hassle man but nothing we can do on our end to solve it.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 09:18:59 AM »
I guess you got kicked for Unauthorized Log-in,if your internet drops do not use Reconnect, instead join through Assist :)
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline BiG_SerGiO

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • "I got soul but i'm not a soldier..."
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese Warriors
  • AA: [PTwars]b!6
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 09:23:34 AM »
2012-11-20 06:17:46 | 206.123.66.210:1765 | [AA25] KICK -aud.KilaToby- Unauthorized Log-in (-) 24.0.235.166
"Three things can not hide for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth"?
Hmm?

https://vortexservers.com/clients/aff.php?aff=406

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 09:36:58 AM »
bingo :),and I did not cheked this lol
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline KillaToby

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 18:54:18 PM »
Oh okay great, yeah I wasnt too sure exactly what it was becsuse it said it was permanent so I was all like---well damn. Thats good tonhesr though. Thanks guys.  :D

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager