Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Advanced Damage message mod!  (Read 4591 times)

Offline guily6669

• Sound Engineer
  • What the heck?
    • View Profile
  • AA: guily6669
Advanced Damage message mod!
« on: Saturday, March 31, 2012, 09:52:39 AM »
Hey,

I noticed that using "Advanced damage mod", some times I died without any message (I know I died from: Bled to death), but sometimes it seems that it doesn't show up and even some times when you get hit it doesn't show anything (It's not always happening, but still isn't much cool).

Can't someone with the source see what's going on?

Also it would be cool to remove the "flash messages" and the "friendly" name.

Also If I'm not mistaking, I think all death's count the same. Can't the colors be different depending on who kills\hit who? (Normal AA when you kill an enemy it's in RED, and when a teammate is killed, appears in BLUE). I think the Advanced Damage mod always report with red color 4 teammates and enemies killed (We kinda don't know who kills who).
Keep Cool

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
Re: Advanced Damage message mod!
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, March 31, 2012, 11:31:42 AM »
I agree, it's a fun mod but flashes become overpowered and I have to check console every time someone dies, not just use peripheral vision to see if it's red or blue. If some changes could be made to it, it would become much more useful I think.
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, March 31, 2012, 16:22:48 PM »
You can set it in the .ini to make it so that it only shows death messages, not hits or flashes.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline guily6669

• Sound Engineer
  • What the heck?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, March 31, 2012, 18:29:34 PM »
You can set it in the .ini to make it so that it only shows death messages, not hits or flashes.
Can the colors be changed and the "friendly" word!
Keep Cool

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, March 31, 2012, 19:17:45 PM »
I think colors are in the source.

Offline soupcakes

• no soup for 4 U!
    • View Profile
  • AA: soul
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, April 01, 2012, 00:31:56 AM »
i think its dumb/unrealistic to read in the console weather your flash hit or not... and ya, the color thing is annoying...and not even sure what point is to spam hits in console, usually you can see blood, if not, you might notice they move slower after you fired.... i guess all in all, the whole mod is annoying imo lol.
You gotta have a nuclear soul
To melt down all your sorrowful load
And you gotta have a mercury soul
To weigh down any glimmer of gold

Offline soupcakes

• no soup for 4 U!
    • View Profile
  • AA: soul
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, April 01, 2012, 03:35:43 AM »
I'd be happy just knowing where the killshot hit. so instead of a spam of messages per firefight it just says,
<name> killed <name> with a <shot> to the <body part>
so flash messages wont show up unless u actually kill the person with the flash and spamming ar at the enemy wont tell u who u hit unless u killed them

that'd be pretty cool
You gotta have a nuclear soul
To melt down all your sorrowful load
And you gotta have a mercury soul
To weigh down any glimmer of gold

Offline guily6669

• Sound Engineer
  • What the heck?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, April 01, 2012, 11:09:26 AM »
Yeah, but I still like to know if I hit someone, I think it's cool... Just not the flashes.

Here PPL only play the crap CS, and most don't understand nothing of english, and they never even know who they killed, not even with the death messages.

Though I don't like CS, it would be cool to have a mod which would appear: "Name"; "Draw of the last body part that killed the enemy"; "killed enemy name"; "draw of the gun".

This would be freakin awesome:

Keep Cool
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 01, 2012, 11:26:30 AM by guily6669 »

Offline guily6669

• Sound Engineer
  • What the heck?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, April 01, 2012, 12:31:37 PM »
I don't quite understand much of your English :D

« Last Edit: Sunday, April 01, 2012, 14:34:03 PM by guily6669 »

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, April 01, 2012, 14:09:35 PM »
yeah me too, I hate when I had to use skill to see if I hit someone, those days where a real bummer. skill and reasoning? old school now I want a heads up display saying yes u hit him, and u hit him here, and u did this much damage.
take as much pressure off relying on this old notion of 'skill' as u can.

yeah this is great, reduce spam by having the game show an image of the body part and an image of the gun in console....
incase u didnt quite know what the m16 was even tho you where holding it when u shot the guy....
or is it so other people know what u shot him with? I know where ur coming from in ts during pub games and scrims generally it goes like this

player 1: hey I shot the guy at east objective
player 2-5: omg awesome, what gun did you use? was it single shot? was it silenced? omg omg awesome thats the same gun I got, wow we both picked R slots and got the same gun, creeeeeepy, I wonder how many other people got this gun, omg everyone with the R slot? wooooow they are stalkers.

:D ahah, great Skrewy.

Offline guily6669

• Sound Engineer
  • What the heck?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, April 01, 2012, 14:34:12 PM »
yeah me too, I hate when I had to use skill to see if I hit someone, those days where a real bummer. skill and reasoning? old school now I want a heads up display saying yes u hit him, and u hit him here, and u did this much damage.
Well, when Advanced tracker first appeared on AA online, ppl loved it right away. I started entering almost only on servers woth advanced tracker ON, because I specially loved to have more inffo, and where did I hit a guy (but the ones ACI and others had online was lot better than the one being used on AA25ASSIS advanced damage mod).
yeah this is great, reduce spam by having the game show an image of the body part and an image of the gun in console....
incase u didnt quite know what the m16 was even tho you where holding it when u shot the guy....
or is it so other people know what u shot him with? I know where ur coming from in ts during pub games and scrims generally it goes like this

player 1: hey I shot the guy at east objective
player 2-5: omg awesome, what gun did you use? was it single shot? was it silenced? omg omg awesome thats the same gun I got, wow we both picked R slots and got the same gun, creeeeeepy, I wonder how many other people got this gun, omg everyone with the R slot? wooooow they are stalkers.

I don't understand if ur being sarcastic or not, but whateva...

Well, in fact having the pictures would simplify everything and would be the solution to all advanced damage mod problems...

Specially because it would only appear the last thing that really killed like u said before. And also it would be better to be used out of the console area serverside, just like the radar included in this new AA25ASSIST servers.

So the console would stop having spam from deaths\kills, and also we could know right away the balance of that round if we killed more enemies or have lost more teammates, without having to open the console and wasting a minute trying to figure out who killed who since the advanced damage mod has only one color (most of the times I lose many time trying to see who killed who).

So having the images would be cool, and also if the first is blue or something would mean ur teammate killed an enemy, and if the first would be red would mean ur teammate have been killed.

And there's lots of many ways to kill other than R gun.

So you have: Fall, Bled to death, Suicide, grenades, flashes, fire nades, R, AR, S, S24, MOS, RPG, Pistol...... 

ps: This would be a cool Uscript mod
Keep Cool
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 01, 2012, 14:38:25 PM by guily6669 »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager