Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: 25Assist.exe is lagging  (Read 7465 times)

Offline caedes

25Assist.exe is lagging
« on: Friday, April 20, 2012, 14:46:28 PM »
Hi all,
i´m experiencing some serious lags with my assist. When i finally managed to join a server, everything is fine and i can play with no problems. But its kinda hard for me to handle the assists lags. Any1 else has this problem or is there any way to fix it? Please help.

Cheers

Jonnym

Re: 25Assist.exe is lagging
« Reply #1 on: Friday, April 20, 2012, 15:28:55 PM »
solar flairs from the east! OMG lol.

Offline caedes

« Reply #2 on: Friday, April 20, 2012, 15:39:52 PM »
thx for the fast replies!

- i got a good connection, this is not the problem. when i´m ingame, i allways got one of the lowest pings. i took several speedtests, the lowest download i had was 16mbit and the lowest upload i had was 8mbit.

- when i want to close assist, i always got to kill the process, i cant close it by hitting X.  when i start it, the logon is fast as it was when i first installed it. but on the deploy site the lags begin. always.

- i did not try a reinstall, but this is the next thing i will do. hope i manage to only reinstall assist, without touching aao.

im running 2 pcs from in a LAN, opened the ports for hosting a server on my own on 2nd pc. i guess this was the point when my problems started. might it be the fact that i opened the ports for one pc only?

thanks again.

Jonnym

« Reply #3 on: Friday, April 20, 2012, 15:42:00 PM »
I have never heard of anyone having this problem before.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday, April 20, 2012, 17:16:11 PM »
You're going to need to stress test your cpu to make sure there isn't something wrong with it. Also you're going to need to check the SMART data on your hard drive to make sure it isn't failing. Periodic heavy lag spikes can be attributed mostly to the CPU being retarded or other programs sucking up tons of power in a short amount of time.

Offline caedes

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 16:34:09 PM »
hey blueblaster,
thanks for your thoughts. but im afraid that it is not a pc prob. this (XP) installation is running since 2009 without any probs or reinstalls. im running several games on here, like single-player high resolution games and online-games as well. i got no problems playing aao or any other game, i got no problems running a private ftp-server on this machine, downloaders always got my full updload. im eyperiencing no problems at all. just the assist.exe is having probs. its not the log on (when i start assist.exe) this is done in a few secs - inluding the login to the assist auth server. i only got probs when i leave the sitrep site on assist and try to swit ch to any other tab of assist. mainly on the server site i got huge probs to get the serverlist refreshed and so on.

thx anyway.

if any1 else has an idea, please feel free to write it here.

cheers

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 19:04:19 PM »
Delete Assist and download it again.

Offline caedes

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 20:14:05 PM »
Delete Assist and download it again.

tried that but its still the same  :-\

Offline caedes

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 10:47:03 AM »
then its hardware

well, the only little software that is slow is assist.exe. not aao, not diablo III, no nothing makes any probs. doesnt sound like a hardware prob to me.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 14:57:00 PM »
You're the only person who has this problem. Thousands of other users are fine.

Check your CPU activity while using Assist. Let us know if it does something weird when switching tabs or closing.

Jonnym

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 15:09:51 PM »
I suspect you have some software running on your comp that is conflicting with it.

Offline BiG_SerGiO

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • "I got soul but i'm not a soldier..."
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese Warriors
  • AA: [PTwars]b!6
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 15:10:50 PM »
Hmm, does it lag only on servers tab?
Do you have any torrent downloader program like utorrent? If so, does it behavior good when downloading from multiple sources or happens the same?

Only thing i can imagine is maybe any firewall/av problem when connecting to multiple ip's, like when querying servers and so gives you the impression of Assist lagging...
"Three things can not hide for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth"?
Hmm?

https://vortexservers.com/clients/aff.php?aff=406

Offline caedes

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, April 26, 2012, 18:08:21 PM »
well, when i first installed assist, i had no issues. all was fine. on my 2nd pc, assist runs great, no probs at all. so its not the firewall. but i think that its some software issue. only prob is, that i didnt change anything on my system (i can remember) since the time assist was running good.
i tried to enable multiple ICP connections in registry, but i didnt feel any dif. so i guess i have to live woth it.

thanks for the help so far guys.

Offline caedes

« Reply #13 on: Friday, April 27, 2012, 05:56:02 AM »
turn off background programs etc etc and turn it on 1 by 1 until u find whats messing with assist.

well, even if i try to run assist on a fresh restarted system i got those lags. i dont run any programs, except some stuff for video card and G15 keyboard -> and truecrypt. any1 else using truecrypt and assist? this would be my last explanation of software issues.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager