Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: 2 players & 1 ip  (Read 2679 times)

Offline [Eu-R]999medic

2 players & 1 ip
« on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 17:32:54 PM »
Hi all, have installed second server within a second computer which my son uses to play aa25, which is currently running as i write this.
I have tried to join in game from my own computer which normally i do not have a problem. What i get now is that army ops.ini does not have write permissions and am unable to join any server.
My assumption is that the difficulty is there are 2 instances of the game operated through the same i.p..
If this is the case, is it possible for 2 comps to access the game at the same time and how to solve it. I know it was possible in the past.

Many thanks for your help,   Medic

Offline Schmirak

Re: 2 players & 1 ip
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 17:48:12 PM »
Are you running two servers at the same time? If so, that must be the problem. I have also installed AAO2.5 on two computers, my son is also playing, and I have no problems playing in different servers at the same time, even when I'm on my own server.

Offline BiG_SerGiO

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • "I got soul but i'm not a soldier..."
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese Warriors
  • AA: [PTwars]b!6
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 17:58:58 PM »
http://aa25assist.sourceforge.net/Data/readme.txt
QUESTION: Can I run 2 Assist servers on the same PC?

ANSWER: Yes you can run 2 servers on the same pc, But it is not easy, Heres how...
Stop any running server.
First create a new folder somewhere on your hard drive, lets say for example 'AA2'
Find your original 25assist folder in the following location...
Windows XP: C:\Documents and settings\USERNAME\Application Data\
Windows Vista/7: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\
Copy the 25Assist folder into your new 'AA2' folder.
Go into the 25Assist folder and Delete 'Settings.dat' (if you don't all your servers will crash each other).
Make a copy of 25Assist.exe and 25Assist Libs and put them in your new 'AA2' folder.
Now run the 25Assist.exe out of the new folder and you have a second installation.
You can do this a many times as you like, New folders called aa3, aa4 etc...
"Three things can not hide for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth"?
Hmm?

https://vortexservers.com/clients/aff.php?aff=406

Offline [Eu-R]999medic

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 18:07:14 PM »
No not 2 servers on 1pc but 2 comps running 25 assist on 1 ip, but now have a different problem, have switched 1 pc off but still getting same problem, that is error "STOP" NO WRITE PERMISSIONS TO ARMY OPS.LOG.

Will re-install and get back back.

Thanks all :) 

Offline [Eu-R]999medic

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 18:32:08 PM »
Sorry should of added, 1st server is leased through a provider and the second is in computer sorry.

Offline [Eu-R]999medic

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 20:14:31 PM »
Seem to have fixed the problem, uninstalled the whole game off a computer that originally had no problems, re-installed and all seems good for now.

Thanks for all your help :)

JonnyM

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, July 11, 2013, 01:53:42 AM »
Sounds like file system permission problems, a reset and repair as would have solved it.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager