Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: [Release] SAI Bug/Issues  (Read 8774 times)

JonnyM

Re: [Release] SAI Bug/Issues
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 16:16:12 PM »
I think its the direction their moving in, not where their looking? Could be wrong.

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 16:22:15 PM »
I think its the direction their moving in, not where their looking? Could be wrong.

Should be the looking direction.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 16:25:27 PM »
It is the looking direction.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Ganja

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 16:33:50 PM »
Yup I confirm, direction they looking at. But its a bug cauz it happens suddenly and then all the directions are stuck

JonnyM

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 16:37:15 PM »
Replication maybe. We can easily update the sai if ELiZ can fix it.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 16:27:41 PM »
I've tried to ask on several servers around, it seems a lot of players are still getting critical errors (even after today update).

I'll see if i can get some to post their own logs, at least.

Offline R@ider911

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 22:41:04 PM »
Also getting criticals, haven't had any for over a year till now.
Build AmericasArmy_Build_[2004-06-01_02.01.01]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2612 MHz with 4095MB RAM
Video: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series (1172)

General protection fault!

History: UObject::ProcessEvent <- (InteractionMaster Package.InteractionMaster, Function Engine.InteractionMaster.Process_Tick) <- UInteractionMaster::MasterProcessTick <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level SF Hospital <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 706D7564 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Offline Rapture

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 23:08:35 PM »
I am hoping its not sai related. but I'm getting hella criticals lately, and so r tons of players in our servers. we can play no prob for like 15-30 mins and boom critical left and right. :(

Offline !Phon3^-

« Reply #23 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 12:27:12 PM »

Here is an example of the bug.

Also @Eliz/Jonny: I have no idea how you's have set up the SAI, however as I used to understand it, only some of the player info was available at a certain distance. So for example on hospital if a player is across the other side of the map, his indicator will not show the correct way he is facing. It will show the last way he was facing before he went out of range? I could be completely wrong but there's been a few times I have noticed that on hospital if you stay at spawn while people rush Garage all their indicators seem to point the exact same way even when they move through the hospital. I'll try get some screenshots when I'm on to visually explain what I mean.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #24 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 13:27:12 PM »
Actually, I need to report the player direction bug as well. I saw it a LOT on mAAp Pipeline. It seemed like once the players got a certain distance from me, they would no longer update their position as fast and their direction would stay constant. However, once they got close enough, it returned to normal. I'm wondering if this is due to AntiPortals or if it's just in the netcode to make things more efficient on the bandwidth end.

Offline !Phon3^-

« Reply #25 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 13:51:13 PM »
IIRC in 2.8.5 players names used to fade away when they got far enough away, then reappear when they got within range.

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #26 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 14:21:58 PM »
Actually, I need to report the player direction bug as well. I saw it a LOT on mAAp Pipeline. It seemed like once the players got a certain distance from me, they would no longer update their position as fast and their direction would stay constant. However, once they got close enough, it returned to normal. I'm wondering if this is due to AntiPortals or if it's just in the netcode to make things more efficient on the bandwidth end.

If a Actor is relevant to you(close proximity), the engine makes sure that location AND rotation is replicated. At a distance, only Location is replicated. This the built in behavior of the engine. To make rotation work in a longer distance, otation information is replicated by the SAI. If the information is present in the building(Actor) Rotator, this is used, if it isn't, the SAI Rotator is used, thus making is less reliable if the Actor is not in close proximity.
« Last Edit: Friday, August 16, 2013, 15:05:13 PM by ELiZ »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #27 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 15:16:32 PM »
Damn I must be idiot, bu I didn't understand what you're saying Eliz :/ Can it be fixed or not? Or do you want it to change or not?

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #28 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 15:25:25 PM »
If I understand right, that's a "feature" of the game BUT the SAI tries to override that and provide more reliable information but it doesn't always work. Personally, I don't think it's an issue. You mostly need a dot to show where players are and as far as I can tell, it's updated at LEAST once a second at a distance which is fine. If the rotation and faster replication updates can't be fixed then I would suggest removing the arrow on the player icon at that distance so people don't think the player is pointing a direction they're not.

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #29 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 15:30:33 PM »
If I understand right, that's a "feature" of the game BUT the SAI tries to override that and provide more reliable information but it doesn't always work. Personally, I don't think it's an issue. You mostly need a dot to show where players are and as far as I can tell, it's updated at LEAST once a second at a distance which is fine. If the rotation and faster replication updates can't be fixed then I would suggest removing the arrow on the player icon at that distance so people don't think the player is pointing a direction they're not.

That would also lessen the information replicated, making it more efficient.

Anyone know at what distance the Player Icons started to fade in 2.8.5?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager