Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Poll

Has banning been effective in keeping the game alive

No there are very little players anymore because of bannning
2 (40%)
Yes Assist will  live on untill no one else has an interest.
3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Warning: Don't Test Hacks (aka: I f**ked up)  (Read 54233 times)

Offline Alex

Re: Warning: Don't Test Hacks (aka: I f**ked up)
« Reply #30 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 15:27:13 PM »
First, you can't have fun at classical gameplay all the time, it will get boring and don't try to deny my truth of saying. They disabled mods, where is the fun? They enforce people to go look for other games which makes them leave the game. Wasn't this clear ages ago?

People had a choice, they could have played modded servers or normal servers, nobody forced them to play ''modded servers''. Isn't this clear? Oh I m sick of waiting 10min on the normal server till people gets in..., well that just means they want to play modded servers. Im sick of all excuses, it is not even truth you saying...
NOBODY DISABLED MODDED SERVERS!!!!! They just aren't tracked anymore, meaning they don't count towards your stats on battletracker.com.

Offline nailum

• fuckum if they cant take a joke
    • View Profile
  • AA: nailum
« Reply #31 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 15:33:47 PM »
It's not about being serious. If you use hacks against other people, there's a lot of chance you'll take away their fun. Why would you have more reason to have fun then everyone else ....

On the other side I can a little bit understand you, but it still remains a bad move.

You know if I run a server that allows hacks and cheats, make this public with access to info on the hacks and how to implement them it will influence development, a spark to new ideas some not so  great but it still allows anyone to be creative with the game in hand. I'm not here to play this game as serious play only, I'd like to be able to have fun with the development of new mods and or so called hacks for fun game play instead of just being handed the same old gun or map.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #32 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 15:34:59 PM »
You know if I run a server that allows hacks and cheats, make this public with access to info on the hacks and how to implement them it will influence development, a spark to new ideas some not so  great but it still allows anyone to be creative with the game in hand. I'm not here to play this game as serious play only, I'd like to be able to have fun with the development of new mods and or so called hacks for fun game play instead of just being handed the same old gun or map.

If you wanted to have more fun with hacks, you shoulda done what you say. Shoulda make your own server with cheats enabled, and everyone has god mod and stuff. But you didn't :/

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #33 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 15:36:03 PM »
NOBODY DISABLED MODDED SERVERS!!!!! They just aren't tracked anymore, meaning they don't count towards your stats on battletracker.com.

That's the point, people want stats to be tracked because you get points and fun, do you think people join non tracked servers? everybody wants a tracking server or that would just waste life of nothing.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 15:42:02 PM »
That's the point, people want stats to be tracked because you get points and fun, do you think people join non tracked servers? everybody wants a tracking server or that would just waste life of nothing.

There are plenty of games where "modded server" aren't tracked. People just don't complain as much as here. Stats aren't the fun itself.

Offline nailum

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 15:45:40 PM »
If you wanted to have more fun with hacks, you shoulda done what you say. Shoulda make your own server with cheats enabled, and everyone has god mod and stuff. But you didn't :/

I've run may servers not just at an admin level but root to the box that runs the servers. And your right I didn't comply by Assist TOS but we've already come to terms with this. I won't be able to have fun with this game anymore. Oh well, I'm in the same boat as everyone else that has left Assist because of the developers ways of dealing with this, but I'll still hangout and see the outcome. Have fun everyone don't take this game to serious.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #36 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 15:58:50 PM »
Nobody I know that plays this game cares about their stats. Most people play this game for fun, not stats.

In no other game do you get a second chance after being caught hacking, so why did you expect it to be different here?

We actually gave a second chance to everyone with an ACI/AON  ban when this game was first created. I think that's enough.
« Last Edit: Monday, November 18, 2013, 16:01:53 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #37 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 16:03:10 PM »
Oh well, I'm in the same boat as everyone else that has left Assist because of the developers ways of dealing with this, but I'll still hangout and see the outcome.

So you do think developers are not dealing well with this?

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #38 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 16:09:25 PM »

LOL Everybody plays for points? That's news to me. Those people are the problem with the game. The stat whores that only care about points. The true people that play for fun... we need more of them.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline nailum

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 16:15:56 PM »
LOL Everybody plays for points? That's news to me. Those people are the problem with the game. The stat whores that only care about points. The true people that play for fun... we need more of them.

That's my point just have fun with this game guys I don't care about honor or points.

Offline nailum

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 16:18:52 PM »
So you do think developers are not dealing well with this?

There dealing with this the way they want. They have thee TOS thats the way it is.......I'm the one that made the mistake not to gain anything but to have fun with the game.   

Offline Ganja

« Reply #41 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 16:20:35 PM »
That's my point just have fun with this game guys I don't care about honor or points.

Hacking will ruin other people's fun.

And if you claim hacking on an empty server, why do it online ... why with assist ...

And btw it's not an error 'not to gain anything and have fun', just enjoy the game as it is ...

Offline nailum

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 16:24:10 PM »
Hacking will ruin other people's fun.

And if you claim hacking on an empty server, why do it online ... why with assist ...

My intention was not to ruin anyones fun its was the curiosity of the hack there not much more to it

Offline Ganja

« Reply #43 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 16:26:11 PM »
My intention was not to ruin anyones fun its was the curiosity of the hack there not much more to it

And you think that developers should be able to say 'I believe this story but not the other guys stories'. I mean how can people possibly know if you really not wanted to gain advantage, how can we know if it's not really your dog that put the hack in the folder or your grandmother who was on a tk spree ...

Offline nailum

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 16:41:25 PM »
how can we know if it's not really your dog that put the hack in the folder or your grandmother who was on a tk spree ...

Really! I didn't blame anyone or have any excuse I did what I did and this is the out come period. Oh well! Moving on!

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager