Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Banned for secondary account?  (Read 8837 times)

Offline Darkjello769

Re: Banned for secondary account?
« Reply #15 on: Friday, August 30, 2013, 13:11:22 PM »
How am i suppose to test hacks if I dont have a 2nd account? LIke ima test it on my original first... you're crazy.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #16 on: Friday, August 30, 2013, 13:14:00 PM »
FYI. Whoever banned the OP's account also banned their HW id so they could not use any of their accounts. I have changed that and 742334 should now work again.
Ooops, sorry about that =\

I don't agree with banning second or third accounts, what about players that took so long to get there honor where they wanted it, high honor only good for weapon select nothing more then that
As said above, I think it's fine for people to select which account they want to keep. Beyond that, I see no need for a secondary account. Allowing one for scrims just creates a loophole. And then there's "oh I forgot my password" or "I don't have access to my e-mail". Blah blah blah.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #17 on: Friday, August 30, 2013, 13:52:45 PM »
I really didn't think we should ban peoples 2nd accounts unless there were abusing them. I don't think its a good move to piss off the community.
I thought that was the entire point of having to activate accounts now? So that people can't just make second accounts like crazy.. Or are you just talking about banning already existing second accounts?

Offline Rob_LD

« Reply #18 on: Friday, August 30, 2013, 14:06:50 PM »
Beyond that, I see no need for a secondary account.
I wonder how you determine if it is a second account.

I'm pretty sure there is a another account related to mine which has the same IP, same MAC, same hardware ID.
However, it's not mine but my wifes account.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #19 on: Friday, August 30, 2013, 14:42:55 PM »
I wonder how you determine if it is a second account.

I'm pretty sure there is a another account related to mine which has the same IP, same MAC, same hardware ID.
However, it's not mine but my wifes account.

Banned, thanks for reporting.
That's a joke.
« Last Edit: Friday, August 30, 2013, 15:45:00 PM by Spanky »

Offline raw

« Reply #20 on: Friday, August 30, 2013, 15:05:57 PM »
I have a problem..i cant decide which one i like more :(
so i guess we are all okay with it that i can keep my both acc's.
AA2  2005-2015
AA:PG 2015-

Offline ibad

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday, August 30, 2013, 16:56:42 PM »
Not like the accounts are clogging up YOUR database (which i think is pathetic that you still use homies site as an auth. Just allows more potential for an exploit in homies site to be revealed and ur whole AA auth is ruined. Code your own auth asap ^.^). So why does it bother you?
ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็

Offline exception

« Reply #22 on: Friday, August 30, 2013, 20:53:48 PM »
I have 2ndary accounts for being incognito, just coming back to the game, scrimming, being funny... Here, I'll save you the search and you can ban the ones I can remember. Even my 71 honor account, if this is really what you're doing and you're sticking to your guns about it... It's a shame, they date back to 2006 and 2008. If you search and find more of mine let me know, I'll probably have a laugh about them.

http://battletracker.com/playerstats/aao/380130/%5B16.crU%5D/

http://battletracker.com/playerstats/aao/731805/fratrick/

This one isn't even me but someone obviously loves me:
http://battletracker.com/playerstats/aao/790061/fc.exception/

I thought the training was to prevent people from making new accounts and old accounts were fine.

Offline Alex

« Reply #23 on: Friday, August 30, 2013, 22:25:16 PM »
I don't think we're going after existing secondary accounts, just trying to stop new one from being made.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #24 on: Friday, August 30, 2013, 22:53:08 PM »
Then what's the point? I'd bet quite a few people have multiple accounts when they started playing Assist. Why disallow new secondary accounts but allow old secondary accounts?

Offline Alex

« Reply #25 on: Friday, August 30, 2013, 22:56:11 PM »
Then what's the point? I'd bet quite a few people have multiple accounts when they started playing Assist. Why disallow new secondary accounts but allow old secondary accounts?
Because it's too much work to go and try and find secondary accounts for almost no benefit. With new accounts it's easy to do it since we have to activate every account anyways.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #26 on: Friday, August 30, 2013, 23:00:30 PM »
Yea, I'm not about to waste time to search everybody for secondary accounts but when they're reported, why do nothing?

Offline thefusz

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, September 01, 2013, 12:27:22 PM »
I don't think we're going after existing secondary accounts, just trying to stop new one from being made.

Hah no all of mine were from previous AA days and they still got banned. try again

Offline thefusz

« Reply #28 on: Sunday, September 01, 2013, 12:30:05 PM »
I guess i just done see the point in banning secondary accounts.. can someone please give me a reason on how it hurts AA25assist or the community, or anything? Lol..  i mean if its cloggin up your DB from having 2 accounts on America's army i can just stop playing. Idk i'm just confused i guess, cuz #1 not all of them were mine, i have RL friends that dont have stable internet, that come and play. #2 my brothers pc is broke, so he was using my pc. so half of them accounts arent even mine, but they r banned. Yes 3 of them was me, but the other 3 wasnt.
Just gimme an explanation please.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, September 01, 2013, 12:35:11 PM »
I don't see the point for secondary accounts. Guess we're at a standstill.

Years ago, I saw the point. Back when I was clan hopping every other week, hacking and using so called noob accounts to try and fool people. Try as I might though, I can't think of a valid reason for one these days.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager