Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Banned for secondary account?  (Read 8839 times)

Offline thefusz

Banned for secondary account?
« on: Thursday, August 29, 2013, 23:57:26 PM »
Required Information,
- Player Name : [c5.effeCt+]
- Battletracker ID : 742334
- Reason : Secondary Account is what your program says... Can you really not have more than 1 account?

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Banned for secondary account?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, August 29, 2013, 23:57:53 PM »
Yuppers, only 1. No need for more.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Ganja

« Reply #2 on: Friday, August 30, 2013, 03:19:35 AM »
How does this work Spanky, if some people already have more accounts? You ban them or should we delete them or what?

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #3 on: Friday, August 30, 2013, 04:02:15 AM »
These specific accounts were reported to me and I investigated. We haven't fully discussed this but I believe banning secondary accounts is a good way to go. We can't really delete them. I will say though, if a person has more than 1 account and they want to choose which to keep, that's fine.

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #4 on: Friday, August 30, 2013, 04:19:03 AM »
These specific accounts were reported to me and I investigated. We haven't fully discussed this but I believe banning secondary accounts is a good way to go. We can't really delete them. I will say though, if a person has more than 1 account and they want to choose which to keep, that's fine.

Well, I need my second account for scrims. I'm admin on a server we scrim on and if it's on tourney mode you can't join with an account that's an administrator..

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #5 on: Friday, August 30, 2013, 04:23:57 AM »
Well, I need my second account for scrims. I'm admin on a server we scrim on and if it's on tourney mode you can't join with an account that's an administrator..

Remove yourself from admin in the server?

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #6 on: Friday, August 30, 2013, 04:42:18 AM »
Yea, thats the reason why many scrim active players have 2nd accounts. Because they are player admins on their own server and need a new account to play. And changing the ini of server, restarting it, play, change the server ini again after scrim, restart it, is a little bit too time consuming. And if the server admin is not online at the time and cant change the ini, they cannot play without the admin. I would vote for exceptions to be made for scrim active player admins.

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #7 on: Friday, August 30, 2013, 05:05:30 AM »
Or you know... keep on the low and delete my messages :D

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #8 on: Friday, August 30, 2013, 05:20:27 AM »
Remove yourself from admin in the server?

If you tell me how :)

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #9 on: Friday, August 30, 2013, 05:30:58 AM »
what is the reason behind for only having one account?
don't really get it atm.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #10 on: Friday, August 30, 2013, 06:05:59 AM »
How can you do that on a fast way? You need to change your name or restart server?

There should be a fast way (lick a box to tick) to enable/disable admin

Lord.aNoobis

« Reply #11 on: Friday, August 30, 2013, 12:59:30 PM »
I really didn't think we should ban peoples 2nd accounts unless there were abusing them. I don't think its a good move to piss off the community.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #12 on: Friday, August 30, 2013, 13:08:59 PM »
You could also set an admin password so that if there's a problem, you just re-join the server with the password and you're admin.

Lord.aNoobis

« Reply #13 on: Friday, August 30, 2013, 13:09:12 PM »
FYI. Whoever banned the OP's account also banned their HW id so they could not use any of their accounts. I have changed that and 742334 should now work again.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday, August 30, 2013, 13:09:50 PM »
I don't agree with banning second or third accounts, what about players that took so long to get there honor where they wanted it, high honor only good for weapon select nothing more then that

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager