Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Ban for ServerMOD using?  (Read 19338 times)

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
Re: Ban for ServerMOD using?
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, January 01, 2013, 00:23:09 AM »
Christ, no one will remove mods or tracking from modded servers. not yet,
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, January 01, 2013, 00:28:18 AM »
Christ, no one will remove mods or tracking from modded servers. not yet,

I don't think anyone ever will remove tracking. There's been plenty of talk about it and several opportunities to change it but it's not been done.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, January 01, 2013, 00:30:13 AM »
I don't think anyone ever will remove tracking. There's been plenty of talk about it and several opportunities to change it but it's not been done.
and I think that getting modded servers untracked it's not worth the effort :)
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline mamerize

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, January 01, 2013, 00:58:44 AM »
Seems that you don't understand what I'm proposing. No servers would be banned and everyone could still play on them like normal. The only difference is that the stats gained in modded servers wouldn't count towards your points/kill total on battletracker. This is to stop people from using mods to get an unrealistic number of kills, or in other words, to protect the integrity of the game and stats system.

i will agree to this. same gun to all players is ok, its a fair fight. random or pick a weapon is totally a messed up. But what u all must consider is, they pay for server. They can do what they want. When u start stop tracking their server. We will lost half of server & players. As we can see pick a weapon always full.

Average online player below 150. Plus this game is old & less player. I used post a topic on AA forum, ask people to come play using 2.5 assist. Once as i remembered, it become an arguement with swiss-merlin on AA forum.  :D. Now he was here, helping this community growing. :up:

As people donating & playing keeping this game alive, we should not doing something toward the 'death' of this game.

As an oldschool lovers want their right, what about FC lovers rights?. Should be a 'win-win situation'. Oh, its all about, K/D ratio. Tracking only for point & k/d ratio, i don't see there is any purpose of this. Damn, i hate it when people ask something but not tell a true reason.

They are more than 100 servers. Half of them are normal & modded. Pick ur server & play. is there a problem?. Some people always want to win. Why don't we keep it fair to all.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 01, 2013, 01:16:25 AM by mamerize »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, January 01, 2013, 05:09:07 AM »

That's why this conversation is so funny :D

Offline Bart!

« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, January 01, 2013, 06:07:07 AM »
As I still see no way that argument of mine being rejected, I still see it as valid.

Furthermore, mods make the playing game harder and easier at the same time: When 203s fly around everywhere it is a lot harder to survive even if you play tactical. For someone forceclassing himself to for example rpg it makes it a lot easier to take cheap kills. Hence you can't say it makes it easier of more difficult, but it makes the skill gap a lot more narrow. For a  new player it's easier to take kills, for a more experienced player it's harder to stay alive, because no matter how good you play, when a spamrpg lands close to you and you are not camping 24/7 in a safe place you will die.

In my opinion those kind of mods destroy the core of the game. The reason AA was different to CoD, BF etc is because of the tactical gameplay instead of the run and gun in for example CoD. And for the CoD fanboys: I have also played CoD competitively so I know that this is way more the case in CoD then in AA.

Such mods just make AA more of an arcade game. A lot of old players who want to come back certainly don't like this. Me neither, so I decided to just only play matches since pub is as boring as it is, only the same 3 maps with non-mods usually... I am quite sure more people had the same feeling, so this does influence the amount of players playing.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, January 01, 2013, 06:48:37 AM »
As I still see no way that argument of mine being rejected, I still see it as valid.

Congratz for that  :up:

A lot of old players who want to come back certainly don't like this. Me neither, so I decided to just only play matches since pub is as boring as it is, only the same 3 maps with non-mods usually... I am quite sure more people had the same feeling, so this does influence the amount of players playing.

But people still have the choice right? I mean old players can still come back and play on normal servers?

Offline B@lestra^

« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, January 01, 2013, 07:27:42 AM »
Bart is so right and you other guys didn't bring one legit argument why moded servers should be tracked. I am still waiting for an answer!

It's a clear fact that mods if you think of pickup a weapon,or those servers showing that you have damaged some1,so that you know where enemies are located, or jumping with low gravity on places of the map where we have never been before with the original aa2, completely changes the integrity of the game and stats and also the balance between skills in fight on sight and blind fire. On these servers you just have to be an expert in spamming blind than fighting on sight. Is this seriously the game which you guys want to stay alive? As I said,moded servers can co-exist with classic servers,but please untracked.

And there is no empirical truth nor estimate that the game would loose a big amount of players or even die if moded servers get untracked (it could also be the other way round that we loose players if modes servers get tracked or overwhelm the amount of classic servers - did you ever ask yourself why our community is not really growing although we keep getting new comeback-players? Players actually quit aa25 again,ok?).

Please stop spreading (wrong) conclusions if you can't base them on clear facts. We can't say what our active player community prefers since there has not been yet a survey on that topic.We have no numbers, no nothing than just two fractions with their opinions. But what is clear that we want aa2 to stay alive and everyone should remember how and what aa2 was like before and why we loved this game so much over all these other games. Personally, it makes me sad to know that there are players in our community which pretend to share the idea of keeping aa2 alive without contributing to the core idea of what aa2 was all about. I seriously hope that the aa25 admins make up their mind on how they want to keep this game alive, either on neo-popular preferences of players or those who just want to play aa2 like it was always meant to be. I know what I will do in either way decision and i know what will be left over of the game in either way decision...
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 01, 2013, 07:58:24 AM by B@lestra^ »

Offline @xe

« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, January 01, 2013, 08:28:36 AM »
I agree on the rpg and we are in the process of elimination them from our server we just need to compile the mod to do it, as for G well this will stay we are always looking to make our server a good playing experience for all.

Offline mamerize

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, January 01, 2013, 09:20:20 AM »
Bart is so right and you other guys didn't bring one legit argument why moded servers should be tracked. I am still waiting for an answer!

AA dev keep tracking normal & modded server, until the last. I just see the hate & personal interest, only for your fun not others. Players are really enjoy & like modded server, as u like the normal. Just leave it as it is :up:. I'm watched & play as AA2.5 players from 10 people left until now... i'm registered to this forum 'Headshots' community long ago. Before it changed to aao25.com. Community are growing fast than i expected.

I really sad with this topic, if u guys saying to keep the integrity of the game, that a B*****T. People play because they have fun on the game. People play games for fun, they will leave when no more fun. As u enjoy playing normal guns, why u hate others have fun on modded server. Face it like a man!. Dont like modded, enter normal server & shot the wall.. have fun!.

Note: When have power, its not a right to abuse others. Admin start being dictator will not have a respect from me.  :down:

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager