Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Ban for ServerMOD using?  (Read 19438 times)

Offline Ganja

Re: Ban for ServerMOD using?
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 03:37:24 AM »
for old players its ok i guess as long as normal server around, but for the new players it can make wrong impression of the game.

Totally true. The game attracts different people now that alot of servers are modded. No offence but it attracts younger people that want RPG or GP and want boom boom boom .

Still some mods are cool, and they give noobies the opportunity to get kills

Offline B@lestra^

« Reply #31 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 04:38:01 AM »
Totally true. The game attracts different people now that alot of servers are modded. No offence but it attracts younger people that want RPG or GP and want boom boom boom .

Still some mods are cool, and they give noobies the opportunity to get kills

I totally disagree with opinions like these ones. Killaman sees it right even from a certain distant point of view. These modded servers won't help anyone,especially not new players, if you really mean newbie players.They will never ever learn how to spam shot etc. Mods will rather scare newbie players away or shock comeback players,like Mozam reported in another thread.Stop tracking modded servers and implement anti -spam rules at round start. That's all i'm saying. People won't leave because of that,since they still could play on modded servers if they just want to have fun. That would at least be a fair solution for those players who would like to play the classic way and how this game was always meant to be. BUT this lies in the responsibility of the aa25-admins as well as server admins.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 04:39:39 AM by B@lestra^ »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #32 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 05:01:50 AM »
They will never ever learn how to spam shot etc

U're reffering to bridge only here. U dont have to know dropshots and spamshots on other maps ...
And yes on bridge crossing some players (guess u know who I mean) can only get kills by killing spawn so antispam rule would be nice indeed
Anyway it's very difficult for noobies to play the game cauz all the players now are 1map whores so noobies have no damn chance to beat em. Especially not on bridge lol but bridge has really become a fuked up map.
Why are we still arguiing about those mods ....

Offline @xe

« Reply #33 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 05:07:00 AM »
Lol, anti spam rules, yeah that will work, try an in force that on your server and see how well it goes.

I would rather see them implement a single account per user, limit registration to ISP e-mail only no webmail like hotmail or Gmail but this would have to be done from BT

I have no idea why some people want to force there ideas on others, just play the game the way you like and we will play it our way, it does not effect anyone except those that play on our server.

If you think everyone that plays on mod servers get high scores then think again, there are plenty on our server that have lower frags than a lot of the points whores that play hospital.

Quit your bitching and just get back to playing the game.

Offline B@lestra^

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 05:19:42 AM »
Anti-spam rule for Bridge is crucial,it destroys the game since half of the team is dead within round start,depending on which team the spam nerds are part of. But such rules have to be set by server admins. This and an untracking of modded servers could raise game quality again and give back the original spirit of the game. That is why we are here,no?

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 05:31:02 AM »
B@lestra^, so let me see if i understand... you are against modded servers but you wanna implant a spam rule at Bridge?

Offline BiG_SerGiO

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • "I got soul but i'm not a soldier..."
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese Warriors
  • AA: [PTwars]b!6
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 06:04:47 AM »
for old players its ok i guess as long as normal server around, but for the new players it can make wrong impression of the game.

I think it is the opposite, at least as an old player. Us that used to play the game a long ago, it sucks to see no one has the skill to play normal and there's few normal servers with players, so when we feel like playing and there's only those we get "enrage". For the new players that never really knew the game and start playing, i do believe they get amused like this but isn't the real game... The concept it was developed...
"Three things can not hide for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth"?
Hmm?

https://vortexservers.com/clients/aff.php?aff=406

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 07:10:51 AM »
I will start a extra normal border soon next year, i will get sum extra intern memory so it will work better.to get classic border whit 26 players. Hooah ! ( i realy hope you are right B@lestra) now we there is also a working classic border but not whit your name. untill one of my m8 turn it into a adder map !!?? thats possible
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 07:25:39 AM by Vanoke »

Offline iCaz

« Reply #38 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 07:58:24 AM »
As a old player its funny to see that people still care about tracker.

To be honest I hate all the modded servers as maps become different due to the new weapons and the maps are not how they were ment to be. These days there are only a few classic servers around mostly on Urban Assault and SF Hospital. Its a shame as the other maps are great as well. Obviously, I cannot wait for the winter league to start :P

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 08:14:58 AM »
tought only the poster and staff was able to post in this section O.O
at least I've did that in permissions long time ago O.O
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline B@lestra^

« Reply #40 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 08:43:14 AM »
B@lestra^, so let me see if i understand... you are against modded servers but you wanna implant a spam rule at Bridge?

Yeah, at least for the SF modded tracked servers with 2x203s/per gun (nothing against classic server setup with G slot spam, because that has always been popular - although i personally don't like it either). If these modded servers wouldn't be tracked, then you wouldn't need an anti-spam rule ofc, because then you can do whatever you want to do.

I've played on Bridge Crossing recently, and it's a hell and not very welcoming and good for competition when half of the team is dead/wounded within 5 seconds. It makes a huge difference if you have to hide from 1-2 G-spam at round start or potentially ~10*2 203s. Like this you can even badly spam the hiding spots at round start. So whereever you go you are likely to get hit by one of these 203s at round start. And if you develop this thought further the team having the better round start spammers forces the other team to get later into power positions on bridge, like pillars etc., thus having a further disadvantage, only because players get the opportunity to spam around instead of having fights on sight, like it was meant to be.

But as long as setting up modded honor servers is allowed by the 25assist admins, the server admins will setup modded honor servers and players will make use of it, because it's a 'legit' way to improve one's fragrate.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 10:01:11 AM by B@lestra^ »

Offline mamerize

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Monday, December 31, 2012, 02:20:35 AM »
What i can say, Just play it for fun, modded or normal is nothing for me. I will play on modded or normal guns server. But if admin starting being dictator & starting ban a server that people pay to play & to keep this game alive. I will no doubt to hang up weapon & leave this game. My clan have 4 server running 3 on normal setting & 1 sf modded (BC). Just play a map & setting u want, people will join. Have fun!

Offline Alex

« Reply #42 on: Monday, December 31, 2012, 02:32:55 AM »
What i can say, Just play it for fun, modded or normal is nothing for me. I will play on modded or normal guns server. But if admin starting being dictator & starting ban a server that people pay to play & to keep this game alive. I will no doubt to hang up weapon & leave this game. My clan have 4 server running 3 on normal setting & 1 sf modded (BC). Just play a map & setting u want, people will join. Have fun!
Seems that you don't understand what I'm proposing. No servers would be banned and everyone could still play on them like normal. The only difference is that the stats gained in modded servers wouldn't count towards your points/kill total on battletracker. This is to stop people from using mods to get an unrealistic number of kills, or in other words, to protect the integrity of the game and stats system.

Offline Ilmari

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Monday, December 31, 2012, 03:21:36 AM »
HEYY! OLd skool Bridge crossing is the only way to play really that game!!
Game is then faster and assault moves forward really like it should!! And teams
are more even many times, Def dont even have g unless 10 players. So more
servers with normal guns pls??But still i like SF servers sometimes 2 if not fore-
classing!
Seeya mates! :)

Offline Ilmari

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Monday, December 31, 2012, 03:25:32 AM »
 Hey !! ANd RPGS not allowed in any servers!!!! that really spoiles the game sometimes!!
HAHA!!!

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager