Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Weird animal...  (Read 8578 times)

Offline zoxee

Weird animal...
« on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 00:48:16 AM »
This guy was on def on pipe, shot 6 guys in a row without even reloading his M16.
hs-hs-hs-hs-hs-hs (did i forget one ?..), and has a bad habbit of glancing at walls.
Someone know him ?

http://battletracker.com/playerstats/aao/819469/Madison_Bumgarner/
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline kaituuu

Re: Weird animal...
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 11:04:44 AM »
Ya that is -aud.jonny- Probably the best NA competition player to ever play the game...

Offline SilverBallz

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 13:28:56 PM »
Sometimes it's necessary to look around in order to hear where sounds are coming from. Most of the times you find your self looking at something such as a wall. As far as the issue of using 30 bullets or less to take out six players... Next time screen shot something like that if you can. On our servers I can assure you logs will be checked just as a precaution. Our servers are monitored pretty much around the clock. We are however in the process of increasing our own security and working on methods to help prevent cheaters from joining Honor Servers in general.

Here are some 6 month old videos that show two specific cheats in question:

What people are doing is finding the source for the old cheats and compiling them to work with assist.

The recent updates have patched a large majority of the cheats found. But that doesn't mean they cant change the source around to adapt to the patches. Read the comments on the second video about antipoke.u

Can anyone confirm that these specific cheats have been patched with anyone of the new updates?

We are however in the process of increasing our own security as well as implementing a few  methods to obstruct  cheaters from using not only are servers but any honor server (authorized servers).

As of now the current ban system is rather pointless. All one has to do is make a new name and change their ip address. Which is very simple to do regardless wither the ip address is static (dedicated) or dynamic.

One idea is to implement a reward system for unauthorized servers and encourage cheating to be done there. If your eyebrows are raised you should be more open minded! This is not a 100% solution in anyway but is based on a trust system. Most of the cheaters in the game are compiling the cheats themselves and privately giving them to their friends or selling them for minimal profit. It does take some skill to know how to read and write code so these individuals are very intelligent. Why not focus the initiative on encouraging them to contribute to this community and not the one found at knownhacks.you. Their AAO 2.5 forums have increased in recent months. What they do not understand is they are slowly killing the game and the community. Then once that happens they will just go off and find another game they can cheat on. It's funny too because they really like playing the game. Why else would they return?

As a non contributing member of the community :)which will change if given the opportunity(:
I personally think a group within Assist that deals with security and security only. That way progress can get done with assist because it seems to be all this antipoke.u and pb config updates are wasting valuable time and resources. Maybe i'm wrong and there is already is a team devoted to security...

I just want to see the damn mission editor implemented already!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 19:33:25 PM by SilverBallz »

One for all, all for One
For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this, that one died for all, therefore all died; and He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. - 2 Corinthians 5:14-15 (NASB)

Offline zoxee

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 14:06:05 PM »
Ya that is -aud.jonny- Probably the best NA competition player to ever play the game...

Well then it's all magic i guess... because if you do a little calculation, it looks like this:
Let's say he had all his mag full and his gun was on burst (3 bullets)
30-(6*3) = 12 / 3 = 4 bursts left
But if his mag was already diminished, that takes up his accuracy to levels only one can
dream of...

Anyways,  :lock: this topic then...

One idea is to implement a reward system for unauthorized servers and encourage cheating to be done there.

This is like saying : let's encourage the use of heroine Injections as long as they take place in a hospital.
Doing such thing wouldn't appeal to cheaters, because they don't have fun crossing blades among themselves.
What they like is to go on normal servers and pwn straightforward players and make them feel useless.
If they are such intelligent guys, they should programm software for the financial sector instead of this shit.
Or burn.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 14:56:31 PM by zoxee »
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline True-Grit

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 14:28:05 PM »
Seems to me that most NA players an European players and to some extent Brazillian player are exceptional players. This is because of what? Do they have more powerfull pc's or better connection? Dont tell me its all skill. What is it? They play on American servers with high ping and kick ass? WTF? 

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 17:40:47 PM »
They play on American servers with high ping and kick ass? WTF?

I don't to be rude but 99% of the US players suck really bad, that's why most of euro players who play on us servers "kick ass", and most of your servers are modded which give you even more advantage...

Jonny obviously isn't one of them...

Offline wickid

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 17:55:17 PM »
I don't to be rude but 99% of the US players suck really bad, that's why most of euro players who play on us servers "kick ass", and most of your servers are modded which give you even more advantage...

Jonny obviously isn't one of them...

yea come to havok server see who kicks whos ass and i dont do too bad playn on euros servers either,

Offline zoxee

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 18:10:04 PM »
Ya-who ? smartassing my threads again... i almost missed it.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 19:50:02 PM »
macros speed up some weapons, I'm sure some NA pro use "macros", I have a demo of aud vs k7 where some players had macros enabled(high and annoying sound when the gun is empty).
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline k!cker

• View Profile
  • AA: k!cker
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 01:03:59 AM »
macros speed up some weapons, I'm sure some NA pro use "macros", I have a demo of aud vs k7 where some players had macros enabled(high and annoying sound when the gun is empty).
who?

Offline zoxee

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 03:30:59 AM »
a demo of aud vs k7 where some players had macros enabled

Very interesting indeed  :idea: ...
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 03:32:53 AM by zoxee »

Offline i9.ntt

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 03:47:47 AM »
zoxee terrible calling cheats on good players. typical.

Offline zoxee

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 05:05:24 AM »
zoxee terrible calling cheats on good players. typical.

U better go back to your AHK sandbox nub, coz i happened to be on your team
when u got flashed and shot ur mag empty until ur gun emitted that so special
ratting sound  :mad:

If u can't play straight go fuck yourself if u ask me.

Offline dapand

• View Profile
  • AA: Panda
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 10:00:36 AM »
Most of the cheaters in the game are compiling the cheats themselves and privately giving them to their friends or selling them for minimal profit. It does take some skill to know how to read and write code so these individuals are very intelligent. Why not focus the initiative on encouraging them to contribute to this community and not the one found at knownhacks.you. Their AAO 2.5 forums have increased in recent months. What they do not understand is they are slowly killing the game and the community. Then once that happens they will just go off and find another game they can cheat on. It's funny too because they really like playing the game. Why else would they return?

This is very true, I did read funny comments in their cheating communities back in the days. However I wouldn't say that they all are intelligent ; it just takes knowledge - but then some really are when it comes to finding workarounds to get their cheats to work. People who ruin the game aren't hackers for real... rather people who use it. Because what hackers truely love is getting their hack to work... once it works they don't whore the game... retards that don't know squat about hacking do.

As for your idea of rewarding hackers and trying to make them play on a cheat server, I'm not sure it'd work. I remember back in 2005 there was a server on WC where hackers would play against each others (to see who had the best hack). And it was damn fun to see them play, or play against (killing one with a hack is rewarding when you don't have one ^^)but now I'm not sure they'd be interested since I doubt there are many people "working" on AA.

@_@

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 10:41:26 AM »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager