Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: .neXus[bey0nd]  (Read 8794 times)

Offline C0RRUPTER

• View Profile
.neXus[bey0nd]
« on: Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 02:22:09 AM »
DEVS you need to check this fishy strange player shoot people in the heads know where people are & no sounds I am sick of this crap!!!!!!!!!  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Offline Ganja

Re: .neXus[bey0nd]
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 02:30:19 AM »
Sometimes you just have to accept people are better than ya. His aim can be good, his sound can be good, and as far as I know it's not possible to make 'no sound', must be psychological

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 03:11:15 AM »
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 03:14:57 AM »
The no sound bug might happen.
If it does, the player seem to be floating around, with no walking animation.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 05:25:43 AM »
The no sound bug might happen.
If it does, the player seem to be floating around, with no walking animation.

But that's only for the guys spectating right?

2nd link btw: http://battletracker.com/playerstats/aao/651509/

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 05:37:34 AM »
But that's only for the guys spectating right?

2nd link btw: http://battletracker.com/playerstats/aao/651509/
I figured that's the one they already had :)

And I do believe the no footsepts only happens on spectator mode. Have only experienced it on friendlies, though (you don't know if an an enemy is close if you can't hear them I guess).
I would bet its the same way the no ladder sounds happen on spectating mode. I believe it's something to do with the fact that you're switching to the player when the sound should already play and the game then doesn't reinitialize it.

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Ganja

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 07:32:03 AM »

And I do believe the no footsepts only happens on spectator mode. Have only experienced it on friendlies, though (you don't know if an an enemy is close if you can't hear them I guess).
I would bet its the same way the no ladder sounds happen on spectating mode. I believe it's something to do with the fact that you're switching to the player when the sound should already play and the game then doesn't reinitialize it.

The ladder bug happens when you're alive too. Sometimes an enemy just doesn't make sound for some reason on a ladder. But a silent walking enemy, never heard of that.

What you is interesting, because I remember when on scrims I was spectating a friendly on Weapons Cache and I couldn't hear the Enemy do the objective. And yes, it was probably because I just switched to that person's view while the obj was already being taken.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 12:27:15 PM »
Correct.

I do not see anything suspicious.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 12:40:08 PM »
You'll often come across these types of people in online games. Just accept the fact that they do something better than you without being fishy. The best solution is to just avoid playing with them. I'm not saying avoid playing with people better than you, that's cheap, just avoid players that you don't like their gameplay.

That might be why I don't play AA much...
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Dialects

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 16:50:39 PM »
neXus is an ex-comp player -- to a certain degree, that explains the frustration some may be dealing with.

On the 'walking with no sound' -- I've heard it to be possible. Not sure how it's done exactly but I think it's something along the lines of:

1. Double-click 'W'.
2. Initiate Sprint-mode.
3. Stop as soon as you start running.
4. Double-click 'W' again.

Anyhow -- this goes beyond the point. The point is, nexus is a legit player.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 17:18:30 PM »
neXus is an ex-comp player -- to a certain degree, that explains the frustration some may be dealing with.

On the 'walking with no sound' -- I've heard it to be possible. Not sure how it's done exactly but I think it's something along the lines of:

1. Double-click 'W'.
2. Initiate Sprint-mode.
3. Stop as soon as you start running.
4. Double-click 'W' again.

Anyhow -- this goes beyond the point. The point is, nexus is a legit player.
In later versions one could 'walk against the wall' while moving forward and not make any sound since they they didn't want you to see higher when you were walking against a wall.

Offline MrEpicGoat

• View Profile
  • AA: epic!
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 17:41:19 PM »
I also don't see anything suspicious in him.

APPROVED.

Offline -sh4dy;

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 19:11:24 PM »
DEVS you need to check this fishy strange player shoot people in the heads know where people are & no sounds I am sick of this crap!!!!!!!!!  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

lol, that is all....

Offline C0RRUPTER

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 21:13:31 PM »

Nope I was alive not in spectator mode he open the door with no foot sounds & no door sounds

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 22:34:59 PM »
Here's the thing, this engine is super old. Like, dial-up old. Sounds aren't a server-side thing, they're client-side. If you think it's hacks that turned off sounds, the hacks would have to be on your computer. He can't turn off YOUR sound. The server just sees that the door opened and opened it on all the clients too, when your game sees the door opened, it plays the sound. Same for footsteps. There was no hacking/glitching on his end, it's all on your end.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager