Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Wifi connection  (Read 4103 times)

Offline sNak

Wifi connection
« on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 12:11:27 PM »
eliz, you told me something about you are working on wifi input stuff?
Anything new about it? Im pretty pissed off with that ip address error what comes when im trying to join in some servers. or is it even possible to get assist working fine with wifi?

(need to restart my connection 1 to 5 times before i can join server when the error comes)
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 12:13:24 PM by sNak »

Offline Ganja

Re: Wifi connection
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 12:34:28 PM »
is it even possible to get assist working fine with wifi?

It is. For me it just depends on the day. Sometimes I an have a ping of 4-5 while other days it keeps jumping from 10 to 50 and back, which is something horrible. But I guess you're not talking about the lagg issue here, right?

Offline sNak

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 13:06:36 PM »
It is. For me it just depends on the day. Sometimes I an have a ping of 4-5 while other days it keeps jumping from 10 to 50 and back, which is something horrible. But I guess you're not talking about the lagg issue here, right?

Yeah, im not talking about lag coz that i dont have much, just when there is storm outside ^^
But what i mean is that ip address error (again). Sometime's it works just fine to join servers, but then again, sometimes it's just error, error, error when im trying to join servers. i have tried to restart my computer, wifi, assist, logged out and logged in like 100 times, and still, error to join coz my ip address is not the same blablabla.
pretty annoying.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 14:29:12 PM »
It's not a global WiFi issue. Most work just fine (I know mine did, Ganjas does). WiFi should work the same as ethernet. The issue might be in your router itself or something with the network settings on your computer.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline sNak

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 15:27:14 PM »
Model: Huawei Mobile WiFi e589u-12

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 15:31:42 PM »
That might be the issue, it's a 4G router, not a standard home Internet connection. It is likely out of our control. Who knows what the cell company does with IP address requests and whatnot.

Offline sNak

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 15:35:12 PM »
That might be the issue, it's a 4G router, not a standard home Internet connection. It is likely out of our control. Who knows what the cell company does with IP address requests and whatnot.

Oh, okay. Thanks. Gonna keep fighting unless i got some bad ideas with that router ^^

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 16:03:24 PM »
I could be totally wrong too. I've never used 4G and have almost no experience with 3G either. I'm just throwing theories out there.

Offline kMx

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, November 28, 2013, 10:46:59 AM »
so the issue is with the range of the ip assigned to you?or is it because it keeps renewing the  ip ? anyway you could try to use a vpn client to keep a different ip , but the vpn connection would go down when your ip from the router was changed i guess

Offline sNak

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, November 28, 2013, 12:43:46 PM »
so the issue is with the range of the ip assigned to you?or is it because it keeps renewing the  ip ? anyway you could try to use a vpn client to keep a different ip , but the vpn connection would go down when your ip from the router was changed i guess

ehmm, vpn client  :? Okay, i look my way to try it. :) im noob with computers ^^

Offline SASF-DarkShooter

• Respected Members
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, November 28, 2013, 14:06:41 PM »
ehmm, vpn client  :? Okay, i look my way to try it. :) im noob with computers ^^
Long story short: You use a service from a company which gives you a different ip than your actual ip, might have to pay for it though.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager