Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Mouse button as action key  (Read 1822 times)

Offline 82nd_DXO_COL=Shad

Mouse button as action key
« on: Wednesday, September 03, 2014, 01:38:27 AM »
I've always had mouse5 set as an action key.  Recently, for objects that you have to hold it down for, it doesn't activate the objective status bar.  For example, in pipeline, turning the valve (turns the valve), but the green meter bar doesn't come up.  Nor for the computer objective.  Setting the 'action' key back to a keyboard binding works ok.  For mouse, it does not.  I recently changed the mouse, so it might be the mouse but I thought I'd run it by here since you guys are always shutting down macros and such to see if maybe that was it.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Mouse button as action key
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, September 03, 2014, 01:45:08 AM »
Well, there hasn't been an Assist update in a few weeks, so if you got your mouse after that, then the problem definitely your mouse. Even if you got it before that, I don't know of anything that should stop you from holding a button on AA within Assist.

Try using a different button on your mouse for it. Some of these 'pro' mice have double and triple click buttons, so pressing and holding those buttons will make it just click twice in a row and nothing more.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Ares

• View Profile
Re: Mouse button as action key
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, September 03, 2014, 20:24:48 PM »
No, it was a problem before the update, I too have action on mouse 5, thumb button. I've had to work around it putting pressing scroll down as secondary action key only for taking obj's. Opening doors and picking up weapons is still mouse 5.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager