Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: critical error in function:getps  (Read 10445 times)

Offline (.shadow.)

critical error in function:getps
« on: Saturday, September 09, 2023, 14:37:43 PM »
posting this for TomGunnie as well since he started the question on discord.

"Anyone know why I constantly get this error in a box wehen the assist client is open ? It says critical error in function:getps"

Seems like he gets it when his desktop goes in to sleepmode and there are 20-30 of these boxes popping up

As for me i get like 5-10 while i am playing AA

thanks in advance

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: critical error in function:getps
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, September 10, 2023, 10:46:12 AM »
I must say, I don't know the reason for the popup.

But this is an old game. It's not designed for modern machines. It's probably just something that has changed on the side of Windows or some graphics drivers.

As long as this doesn't prevent you from playing or pop you out of the game, I would just ignore it. We don't have the resources to look into such things in detail, really. It's unfortunate, but it's the world we live in.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline (.shadow.)

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, September 10, 2023, 11:38:03 AM »
 :up: :up: :style: :style: :style: :up: :up:

Offline TomHighway64

« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 09:06:53 AM »
I must say, I don't know the reason for the popup.

But this is an old game. It's not designed for modern machines. It's probably just something that has changed on the side of Windows or some graphics drivers.

As long as this doesn't prevent you from playing or pop you out of the game, I would just ignore it. We don't have the resources to look into such things in detail, really. It's unfortunate, but it's the world we live in.

Thanks Teddy , I guess I presumed there were more active players on the discord now which is whay I posted there insted of on the Forum but thanks for your answer I suspected as much but maybe felt my PC wasnt functioning correctly!
Thanks
Tom

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager