Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Game stopped working after 3 hour sessions - Hopefully fixed  (Read 2346 times)

Offline ELiZ

Game stopped working after 3 hour sessions - Hopefully fixed
« on: Wednesday, February 05, 2014, 04:41:52 AM »
I've been playing some as of late, and noticed a strange behavior. The game would either freeze or CE's just above the 3 hour mark. Checking memory usage, I could see that the game would reach around 1.7 GB used by Armyops.exe when the crash happened.

So I've been going over the SAI Code and found a section that made sense in 2.8.5 but when implemented in 2.5 it worked in a real strange way and the result was that around 500 TexRotator objects were created every round, and not destroyed afterwards.

I just found the issue and wanted to inform you that it will be in the next rollout of AntiPoke.u
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 05, 2014, 05:50:00 AM by ELiZ »

Offline ELiZ

Re: Game stopped working after a 3 hour sessions - Hopefully fixed
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, February 05, 2014, 04:42:52 AM »
Since a lot less game resources are now used, map loading bug might also be gone.

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, February 05, 2014, 04:53:50 AM »
Update has been pushed.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, February 05, 2014, 05:50:58 AM »
thanks ELiZ
before the rollout i did see that the memory usage of a server was really low at the beginning. but it did not grow up that much, also not after 3 hours. but the strange thing was that with the release 8.04 and earlier, the memory usage of all my servers was around 65% after a restart.
then with 8.05 the memory load from all servers after restart was about 20%. and this is really strange, isn't it?
so i dont know what to say about that all, but i will watch now the memory usage after this rollout.
again, good job, thanks a lot.

Offline ELiZ

Re: Game stopped working after 3 hour sessions - Hopefully fixed
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, February 05, 2014, 06:03:11 AM »
This is client only, should not have any effect on the server.

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, February 05, 2014, 14:08:09 PM »
I'm almost 4 hours into a session, without reconnecting, and mem usage has leveled out at around 650MB.
So things looks it has been fixed.... fingers crossed.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, February 12, 2014, 19:47:51 PM »
GJ :)
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager