Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Crap slinging in the forum.  (Read 1647 times)

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
Crap slinging in the forum.
« on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 16:22:13 PM »
There is far to much crap and unnessirey garbage goes on in the forum. I think the staff really need to get a grip on it asap. I see to often people chiming in with continual put downs, For many reasons. If you want the comunity to work you need to get the forum garbage stopped. Yes yes We all know what I have said in here in the past, But It has to stop now. I do not hold grudges with anyone. I havent done that in a long time. I am master over that crap. Me an Ganja go back a long time and many other players I would always wage war on. Half million roe  for proof. I now get on with Him and a few others. I If you want knew people I think it starts in the forum. Prime example the invisle clan thread. To many butting in for nothing.

PS feel free to move this to the proper place sorry :)
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 16:29:45 PM by -Vegeta- »
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Crap slinging in the forum.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 16:39:19 PM »
I understand where you're coming from.
It's been talked about and talked about some more. I believe august was talking about it a lot lately (although he might have been more about the shoutbox).

You have to understand that the forum users and "the community" are not synonymous. The vast majority of the players have never read a single post on the forums. And a fair amount of forum users don't play the game anymore. You can't change one for the other.

And I do believe Spanky was the one who first started these forums years ago, when he was younger (and prettier! :D ) and I do believe I've seen him say it was meant to be a free place where people can talk about whatever they like.

With that said, we still do monitor what's going on in here. We still want it to be as open a place for communication as possible, but we try to remove intentionally hateful posts as well as the most obvious trolls. Some of the admin team are more harsh on the regulations, other's are more relaxed, but I do believe we've all done our fair share of moderating the forums.

PS.
I do like that you brought out your own past behavior in your post. IMHO it shows character.
I do hope it will not continue like it has in the past (which seems to be your goal as well).
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 17:14:49 PM »
I understand where you're coming from.
It's been talked about and talked about some more. I believe august was talking about it a lot lately (although he might have been more about the shoutbox).

You have to understand that the forum users and "the community" are not synonymous. The vast majority of the players have never read a single post on the forums. And a fair amount of forum users don't play the game anymore. You can't change one for the other.

And I do believe Spanky was the one who first started these forums years ago, when he was younger (and prettier! :D ) and I do believe I've seen him say it was meant to be a free place where people can talk about whatever they like.

With that said, we still do monitor what's going on in here. We still want it to be as open a place for communication as possible, but we try to remove intentionally hateful posts as well as the most obvious trolls. Some of the admin team are more harsh on the regulations, other's are more relaxed, but I do believe we've all done our fair share of moderating the forums.

PS.
I do like that you brought out your own past behavior in your post. IMHO it shows character.
I do hope it will not continue like it has in the past (which seems to be your goal as well).
True !!! :cool:

Offline Ganja

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 17:31:57 PM »
Like Teddy said so well, this forum doesn't really represent the community of current active players.
Most of the players only come here when they have a problem and never come back afterwards, and some of the active forum users just want to socialize a bit (like me :))
And I do believe some drama from time to time isn't bad and can be amusing sometimes hehe.

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 18:29:35 PM »
Ok I can only do my past by adding less drama. I have been an -ACI- Member for 10 years or more. There rules are quite tight. You coul;d speak your mind but It was alway mointered and nothing was deleted. If ya said it it stayed. I know wicked is also in aci a long time. But I do notice for both him and me. We are better behaved in there than in here. And thats down to meeting whats in front of you. I dont talk in aci the way I talk in here. To my shame I fall into the arguments and try to get the better of who ever. Its stupid . I think the attacks are the worst thing. and just picking away at each other. None of that is Good. The way I act in here I do not act like that in any other part of my life. I am quite agrresive by nature and my old forum name tells a lot. No-Nonsense. Any way. I dont like arging and I am gonna stop it :) I built a few bridges here latly and enjoy it. And I want to continuse to build relations with every one here. In cluding all who saw me at first  and made a long term opinion of what I am. Which is what most do. I am most proud of the fact I built a lil relationship with Ganja and also Wello. We were big enimies in the past and now its all gone :)
|SO heres to better relationships.

PS and thanks for the nice responces.
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager