Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Admin scripts  (Read 338223 times)

Offline nailum

• fuckum if they cant take a joke
    • View Profile
  • AA: nailum
Re: Admin scripts
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 17:44:30 PM »
Who seriously wants lil honour points come on guys were all adults here. SF on bridge was the best. and most popular map.
I never bothered with honour points little childish I always thought. Reconnectors and all that crap. They would also leave an come back with a 10 Honour acct to tk me :) That was always fun.

Agreed, what's honor I'm here for fun but you have a lot of serious players using Assist because they want to be tracked. Does anyone here play private servers ? Anyone interested in private servers PM me....

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 18:48:46 PM »
Its olso weard that you get -roe points but not the + half points on my border in forceclass .
Admins assist can you correct this ( we don t just mods anymore) you  know that !

Offline Gusso

• View Profile
  • AA: Scrap
« Reply #17 on: Monday, February 03, 2014, 13:46:14 PM »
I only play this game. I play it for the fun I derive from doing so with the many friends I have made over the years. Score and frag rates do not phase me, only ROE has me throwing my toys outta my cot

I wish to set my 20 slot server as a pick-a-weapon game. After searching high and low, without finding the info I need, I turn to the brains here for advice please.

Thanks in advance

Telling the truth in the time of universal deceit is a revolutionary act.  George Orwell

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #18 on: Monday, February 03, 2014, 13:57:07 PM »
If you activate a mod like that(Witch you can), the server will not any longer be Authorized, and will turn up as a "Cheat or Mod server". As far as I know BT will not track any sessions on a server like that.
« Last Edit: Monday, February 03, 2014, 13:58:17 PM by Rapture »

Offline Gusso

• View Profile
  • AA: Scrap
« Reply #19 on: Monday, February 03, 2014, 15:40:54 PM »
Hi Eliz,

I, as I believe do most of the older players, fully appreciate and understand the consequences regarding Battletracker should we opt to play on such a pick-a-weapon server. Furthermore players are warned more than once before and on entering.                                 

By my last tally. there are nearly 109? servers. To have one Bridge Crossing as a pick a weapon should not damage the image or cause the game to lose players

What, I do not know, is whether this type of server would be wide open to low life idiots that need to use exploits and cheat to gain advantage by using aimbots etc etc

I respect the amount of effort you and the team have put into keeping this wonderful game alive and taking it to the high level it currently is at.

Should my wish to make this server a pick a weapon server, not conform to the future aspirations of where the Dev Team wish to take this game, I will happily walk away from my wish to do so.

Should, there be no objection to such a server and provided that such a server is punk buster enabled, I will ask that assistance/guidance is given me to set it up.

« Last Edit: Monday, February 03, 2014, 15:53:20 PM by Gusso »
Telling the truth in the time of universal deceit is a revolutionary act.  George Orwell

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #20 on: Monday, February 03, 2014, 16:05:45 PM »
I'm pretty sure you're perfectly OK on creating such a server and it shouldn't be any more vulnerable to cheater than any other server. The only thing, like ELiZ mentioned, would be that it's not tracked.

An other question could be how many players join your server.

As for help on it, I'm sure some people here can help you. I know 82nd used to run a pick a weapon server back when they were still tracked. Just ask around, people are generally pretty friendly, I find :)
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #21 on: Monday, February 03, 2014, 16:48:59 PM »
hi
search for weapon pick and you will find the solution in here.
good luck

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager