Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Admin scripts  (Read 338225 times)

Offline Mixk

Admin scripts
« on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 02:53:31 AM »
Were the admin force class scripts left out for a reason? People keep asking me about how to force weapons on their servers and I have no clue.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Admin scripts
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 02:59:20 AM »
As I mentioned in the shoutbox, they caused lag. I didn't realize they were removed as a 1-click install but lag was most likely the reason. The problem with weapon scripts is they go like this:

admin forceclass 1 AR
admin forceclass 2 AR
admin forceclass 3 AR
and so on

The numbers are the player list numbers and those go higher and higher as the server is left running. So if your admin script ends at 100 then anyone with a player number higher, won't get the new weapon that's being forced. This creates a problem, at which player list number do you stop at? 200? 500? 5000? The higher you go, the more you ensure the weapon is forced to everyone but the more lag is introduced as the file is executed. It was horrible with the Assist scripts to the point of rubberbanding 5 seconds after executing the script.

I believe later versions of AA implemented this:

admin forceclass * AR

so you could give everybody a weapon at once.

Perhaps this is the a little challenge ELiZ will enjoy? :D
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Mixk

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 03:42:29 AM »
LOL I had posted my question and then seen the shout box. I am a little old and a lot slow any more.  :sign_oops:
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 05:11:16 AM »
Vanoke:
 Its possible to do it whit exec d.txt   then you get 3 breachers and SF
I have peace whit this so thx all for your thinking till next time  :-*

Not all clans  know this so here from 25 assist browser
If you are the admin on a Server you can now user then following commands to forceclass everyones weapons.
Open the console and type...

exec r.txt         // M16A2 Standard Rifle
exec m.txt         // M4A1 SOPMOD without any mods
exec m4a1auto.txt      // Ranger M4A1
exec ar.txt         // M249 SAW
exec g.txt         // M16A2-M203 Grenadier's Weapon
exec at4.txt         // AT-4 HEAT anti-tank missile
exec s82.txt         // M82A1A Barret Anti-Materiel Sniper Rifle
exec s24.txt         // M24 Sniper Rifle
exec spr.txt         // Special Purpose Rifle (SF Sniper)
exec m9.txt         // M9 Beretta pistol
exec b.txt         // Shotgun
exec sf.txt         // M4A1 SOPMOD with mods
exec ak.txt         // AK-47
exec ak74su.txt         // AKS-74U
exec gp.txt         // AK with grenade launcher
exec rpg.txt         // RPG-7 rocket-propelled grenade launcher
exec rpk.txt         // RPK Light Machine Gun
exec svd.txt         // Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle
exec mos.txt         // Mosin-Nagant sniper rifle
exec v.txt         // VSS 'Vintorez'
exec sl.txt         // Squad Leader
exec ft.txt         // Fireteam Leader
exec rct.txt         // Recruit (NO WEAPONS)
exec d.txt         // M4 and 3 door breaching charges
exec bdm.txt         // Bunker Defeat Munition

As I mentioned in the shoutbox, they caused lag. I didn't realize they were removed as a 1-click install but lag was most likely the reason. The problem with weapon scripts is they go like this:

admin forceclass 1 AR
admin forceclass 2 AR
admin forceclass 3 AR
and so on

The numbers are the player list numbers and those go higher and higher as the server is left running. So if your admin script ends at 100 then anyone with a player number higher, won't get the new weapon that's being forced. This creates a problem, at which player list number do you stop at? 200? 500? 5000? The higher you go, the more you ensure the weapon is forced to everyone but the more lag is introduced as the file is executed. It was horrible with the Assist scripts to the point of rubberbanding 5 seconds after executing the script.

I believe later versions of AA implemented this:

admin forceclass * AR

so you could give everybody a weapon at once.

Perhaps this is the a little challenge ELiZ will enjoy? :D

Offline SASF-DarkShooter

• Respected Members
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 05:20:43 AM »
If your admin scripts cause lag for executing them, lower the playerlist number to around 1000 max.
However, the downside about this is that if your server is popular and  hasn't been restarted for a while  that it won't work until another restart/mapchange. Checking the number of playerlist can be done by typing 'playerlist' in console.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 06:37:23 AM »
If your admin scripts cause lag for executing them, lower the playerlist number to around 1000 max.
However, the downside about this is that if your server is popular and  hasn't been restarted for a while  that it won't work until another restart/mapchange. Checking the number of playerlist can be done by typing 'playerlist' in console.

Back in the day I used to do this on FP server. I played like 3-4 hours in a row, so at the end, only my playernumber was below the max number of FC so only I had a gun  :D

Mutate no work?

Offline SASF-DarkShooter

• Respected Members
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 08:06:37 AM »
Back in the day I used to do this on FP server. I played like 3-4 hours in a row, so at the end, only my playernumber was below the max number of FC so only I had a gun  :D

Mutate no work?
Mutate requires additional mods to be installed, which depends on the server.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 13:36:25 PM »
Mutate requires additional mods to be installed, which depends on the server.

If you enable such mod, it will become untracked due to the constant forceclassing it does.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 14:17:00 PM »

+1

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 15:32:12 PM »
My border number 1  in forceclass sf now is not tracket ( no half point )so how can that its not mod infected.??
We played on border and you even can`t see that we played on it in battletracker if you look in that part were we puf s are standing when we play border 1 . http://battletracker.com/clanstats/aao/25700/

If you enable such mod, it will become untracked due to the constant forceclassing it does.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 15:38:16 PM by Vanoke »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 15:37:12 PM »
My border number 1  in forceclass sf now is not tracket ( no half point )so how can that its not mod infected.??
We played on border and you even can`t see that we played on it in battletracker .

?

You server is not tracked because you force people SF gun, when the map is supposed to be played with m16, nothing new here

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 15:44:27 PM »
There are no mods in it so half points. this is airfield whit border i don t get this warning and is the same idear  its forceclass we all know mods No points Forceclass half points its AA Army classic forceclass game setting!

?

You server is not tracked because you force people SF gun, when the map is supposed to be played with m16, nothing new here
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 15:46:26 PM by Vanoke »

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 15:45:59 PM »
When admins force I just leave as it seems pointless for me to stay. I like normal weapon M16. When you force by a text you are not gaining anything as the server is not tracked. As for example if you do exec ak.txt it wont be tracked, same with other program's.

If you make a forceclass server in the server settings, it will be half honor.

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 16:51:17 PM »
Who seriously wants lil honour points come on guys were all adults here. SF on bridge was the best. and most popular map.
I never bothered with honour points little childish I always thought. Reconnectors and all that crap. They would also leave an come back with a 10 Honour acct to tk me :) That was always fun.
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment

Offline 82nd_DXO_COL=Shad

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 16:57:35 PM »
Were the admin force class scripts left out for a reason? People keep asking me about how to force weapons on their servers and I have no clue.

They are downloadable from our Fire Support forum with instructions.  I'm sure other admins have them for distribution as well.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager