Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: AAO playername problem in Assist  (Read 1677 times)

Offline NecroRAM

AAO playername problem in Assist
« on: Sunday, December 07, 2014, 06:13:28 AM »
Hi.

I Installed Assist correctly and all, but during login it says i must choose a playername. My playername was NecroRAM on battletracker, but before logging in into Assist i changed it to Darth Maul with no errors, but now when i try to enter it into Assist it says no spaces are allowed, and when i try to change it back in Battletracker, it doesnt allow me because ive already changed it in the past 24 hours. What do i do?

Also, the Assist login/playername window is quite unresponsive and inconvenient sometimes.

Offline ELiZ

Re: AAO playername problem in Assist
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, December 07, 2014, 06:49:48 AM »

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, December 07, 2014, 07:23:12 AM »
Just to clarify a little bit (there's no way around the 24h wait, though).

Since the accounts are on battletracker.com and we have no control over their systems, there is no way for us to implement a warning on their site.
There used to be a way to change your name within the client, in which case it would tell you if your name is incorrect. However, there were problems with this as well.

So all in all, right now the only thing you can do is wait the 24 hours and change your username to something without a space and other weird characters.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline NecroRAM

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, December 07, 2014, 08:32:45 AM »
Damn.

I would think Battletracker would be aware of this and put a warning themselves. It would be great if there was advanced warning in Assist and on aao25.com too, during the download/install process (and not only on the login screen, since i changed my name on BT while teh game was installing, and id figure thats what most people would spend their time too while the game is installing) to prevent situations like this.

Anyway, thanks for the quick answer guys.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager