Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: AA not found  (Read 2858 times)

Offline Pipez0r

AA not found
« on: Sunday, January 25, 2015, 03:50:54 AM »
My windows crashed and I had to reset it to previous working set up. It had uninstalled assist, which I installed again and it logged me in normally, but said that AA not found. I have armyops folder and it seems I have all files there, but assist doesnt recognize it when I click "find" and select that folder. What shall I do? I wouldnt like to wait until the new download is ready, because I have those files.

Offline Pipez0r

Re: AA not found
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, January 25, 2015, 03:59:22 AM »
Ok I did a reset & repair and now its at least scanning those files.

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, January 25, 2015, 04:02:01 AM »
Oh well, it started downloading..

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, January 25, 2015, 04:34:20 AM »
How can I fix it without redownloading aa, if this happens again? Because if theres aa folder, it should work.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, January 25, 2015, 04:47:02 AM »
If you already have some of the files, "Reset + Repaid AA" will scan them and only download those that you don't have or those that are from an older version of Assist.

It really is the best option in this kind of situation.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, January 25, 2015, 04:50:33 AM »
Well, it scanned and started automatically downloading nearly 170 files which took maybe 45min :/

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, January 25, 2015, 04:54:53 AM »
Now right click on armyops folder and click properties. Then you can see how many files the installation really has. I'll assure you it's far above 170.

Your recovery point might have been pretty far back so a lot of those files might genuinely have been changed during that time.

But in any case, like I said, what "Reset + Repair AA" does is scan all your AA files and download new versions of the files that don't match the current ones.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager