Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Tking from .DooM^  (Read 7154 times)

Offline JunK

Tking from .DooM^
« on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 18:00:58 PM »
Hello AAO25 Community,

I just have been playing a few minutes ago on Urban Assault on the server of Enigmatic Warriors. But there was an idiot busy with tking our whole team... That idiot started me to piss me off and that's why I post this.

here some proofs;
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd391/kacperberent/Tker_zps0213b18b.png

Hopefully you guys will do something with this idiot because hes destroying this whole game for our beautifull community. :rtfm: :down:

Greetings,
=]PE[=JunK

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Tking from .DooM^
« Reply #1 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 18:44:33 PM »
Tracker link?

Offline zibi

« Reply #2 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 19:07:13 PM »

Offline Alex

« Reply #3 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 19:42:29 PM »
There's a fine line for Tkers here and I'm not exactly sure what to do. On one hand I'd love to leave as much of this stuff as possible up to the server admins. On the other, if a temporary one week Assist ban will fix his attitude it would be better than him being permanently banned on multiple servers.

One week ban added for excessive team killing. Normally I'd want more than one screenshot, but this instance seems pretty clear cut. No insults or anything, just TKing everyone.

By the way, love the purple HUD. :P
« Last Edit: Monday, April 14, 2014, 19:48:50 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 20:26:05 PM »
There's a fine line for Tkers here and I'm not exactly sure what to do. On one hand I'd love to leave as much of this stuff as possible up to the server admins.

this is a type of case far as server owners, could only ban the name for now, or ban the mac and ip but we also know thats too easy to change as well,  we all know name can be changed and bam back into the server again

really looking forward to some type of guid assign to accts that would help server owners with such tking morons like this 1

i understand

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #5 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 20:30:25 PM »
this is a type of case far as server owners, could only ban the name for now, or ban the mac and ip but we also know thats too easy to change as well,  we all know name can be changed and bam back into the server again

really looking forward to some type of guid assign to accts that would help server owners with such tking morons like this 1

i understand

What do you mean?
GUID has been enabled again since two months.
You should be able to add the ban as GUID, no username changes would help then

Offline CS-ACI-

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 02:58:47 AM »
Hello,

Is it possible to use original GUID's so they match with older logs and background checks?

Steve

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 03:05:22 AM »
As a general rule, no it is not.

And that's because all the account information that was there originally was lost when the US Army dropped official support for the game.

It would, theoretically be possible to link entries of BT account to those of the old ACI tool, but short of doing it manually, I can't think of a good way since people have changed their names and some used more than one AA account for their one BT account (and doing it manually would take ages).

Plus there are plenty of players registered after the official auth was shut down, so they don't even have an 'original GUID'.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline CS-ACI-

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 03:50:33 AM »
Hello,

Here is one of my silly ideas, well actually two.

First one. How about when people ask for account activation they provide their GUID as well as the other information.

Second idea. Contact all the existing groups that have logs and ask for their help.

Steve

Offline Alex

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 04:00:11 AM »
Hello,

Here is one of my silly ideas, well actually two.

First one. How about when people ask for account activation they provide their GUID as well as the other information.

Second idea. Contact all the existing groups that have logs and ask for their help.

Steve

Even if it were possible, what good would it do? When Assist first started we set out to give everyone a fresh start at AA. Background checks and links prior to Assist are useless to us and hold no merit.

Offline CS-ACI-

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 05:37:31 AM »
Hello,

Spoil all my fun at making more work for you . . . . :D

Steve

Offline Southofheaven

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 06:10:58 AM »
i think ban a guy for tking is too much... because there are idiots and there are guys having a bad day and tk a bit. guys that dont do it regulary.... i think 1st time they do it they should get a warning.. then 2 time 1 week ban 3 time a month.. :) more than that its too much... but well thats only what i think...

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 06:21:02 AM »
To a degree, I agree with you, South, banning for TKing should be a last resort.

However, I also believe all those people he TKed deserve to play the game as well.

Besides, looking at the logs clearly says he got more than 3500 ROE in less than half an hour. If that isn't deliberate TKing, I don't know what is.

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Southofheaven

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 06:27:27 AM »
I agree whit you Teddy... no one likes to be in the game and some idiot tk you all the time... i didnt see is roe.. 1 week ban to clear his head... i also spoke about warning but for my experience in the game in all these years is that the warnings never work... at least most of the times.. we warn about tk and they send us to hell :) not to say other places  :style:

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 06:32:04 AM »
I agree whit you Teddy... no one likes to be in the game and some idiot tk you all the time... i didnt see is roe..
I don't think there's a way for you to see the ROE anyway. BT tracks only the total score, which could still be positive even with high ROE. Plus it probably doesn't track the ROE if you get kicked right after.
I was looking at ELiZ's WIP tracker.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager