Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Shelby  (Read 9382 times)

Offline Eaogrim

Shelby
« on: Friday, January 06, 2017, 19:08:09 PM »
So, playing some urban assault, 2v2, this guy Shelby decides to start playing, they were kicking our ass and I'm sitting here thinking damn these guys are good, other player was very cautious, he played it very much the way it should be played. This guy Shelby just plays incredibly aggressive, which is fair enough given there were 4 of us total playing, but somehow, even when we are extremely quiet/careful, the guy throws a smoke, flash, frag take your pick and always seems to land right next to us, anytime he shot us from any distance he was killing us within the first 2/3 shots, so after about 5-6 rounds of this, myself and my teammate suddenly realise this isnt a good player, the other guy was genuinely good, but Shelby was just getting all the kills on the opposing team and they won all but 1 round which we miraculously managed to pull off a kill against this guy, his only death.

I mean, I could be wrong, but it seemed too coincidental with all the stuff happening. We were on the We Are Aimers #2 server, happened just a few minutes ago.

Offline ronski

Re: Shelby
« Reply #1 on: Friday, January 06, 2017, 20:25:42 PM »
So, playing some urban assault, 2v2, this guy Shelby decides to start playing, they were kicking our ass and I'm sitting here thinking damn these guys are good, other player was very cautious, he played it very much the way it should be played. This guy Shelby just plays incredibly aggressive, which is fair enough given there were 4 of us total playing, but somehow, even when we are extremely quiet/careful, the guy throws a smoke, flash, frag take your pick and always seems to land right next to us, anytime he shot us from any distance he was killing us within the first 2/3 shots, so after about 5-6 rounds of this, myself and my teammate suddenly realise this isnt a good player, the other guy was genuinely good, but Shelby was just getting all the kills on the opposing team and they won all but 1 round which we miraculously managed to pull off a kill against this guy, his only death.

I mean, I could be wrong, but it seemed too coincidental with all the stuff happening. We were on the We Are Aimers #2 server, happened just a few minutes ago.
Shelby is a sexy clan player - Rose if I'm not completely wrong - with over thousand hours of experience from Urban Assault. Not saying I would know how was it like at server but we're talking about experienced UA player who Is simply good at this particular map, that's basically the only map their clan play ;) ah missing their way to leave server lol

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 07, 2017, 02:09:39 AM »
I'm guessing you mean this guy:
http://battletracker.com/playerstats/aao/812621/shelby/
Also known as:
http://battletracker.com/playerstats/aao/787356/

He looks clean from our end.

Like Ronski said, he's got a total of 1250h of Urban Assault so he will know every nook and cranny there.
And with appropriate hardware, you're able to hear far better than would be possible in real life (in Urban Assault, that is you can hear across the entire map, literally, I've had the experience).
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Ganja

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 07, 2017, 06:22:57 AM »
I mean, I could be wrong

I like this attitude, which most people don't have when accusing someone of cheats/hacks.

Offline Eaogrim

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 07, 2017, 14:22:56 PM »
Shelby is a sexy clan player - Rose if I'm not completely wrong - with over thousand hours of experience from Urban Assault. Not saying I would know how was it like at server but we're talking about experienced UA player who Is simply good at this particular map, that's basically the only map their clan play ;) ah missing their way to leave server lol

I'm guessing you mean this guy:
http://battletracker.com/playerstats/aao/812621/shelby/
Also known as:
http://battletracker.com/playerstats/aao/787356/

He looks clean from our end.

Like Ronski said, he's got a total of 1250h of Urban Assault so he will know every nook and cranny there.
And with appropriate hardware, you're able to hear far better than would be possible in real life (in Urban Assault, that is you can hear across the entire map, literally, I've had the experience).

Alright, well appreciate the feedback, I think its still strange that even for someone with that experience could get insta headshots across the map but it's not impossible, and obviously his stats show more experience than most especially on this map. I still have my doubts but you've both added in your feedback and I'll have to respect the decision that you think he's legitimate, nevertheless thanks for responding and I guess I better get back to the game then ;)

Offline ronski

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, January 07, 2017, 14:26:21 PM »
Alright, well appreciate the feedback, I think its still strange that even for someone with that experience could get insta headshots across the map but it's not impossible, and obviously his stats show more experience than most especially on this map. I still have my doubts but you've both added in your feedback and I'll have to respect the decision that you think he's legitimate, nevertheless thanks for responding and I guess I better get back to the game then ;)
I'm sure Teddy made a background check before answering and he would have told if there was anything fishy been found :)

Offline Eaogrim

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, January 07, 2017, 14:30:21 PM »
I'm sure Teddy made a background check before answering and he would have told if there was anything fishy been found :)

Agreed, doesn't mean I can't still be salty about getting my ass whooped :P but nah it's all good, i got a response which is all that matters hehe

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, January 07, 2017, 18:03:48 PM »
I did look at his background, indeed.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager