Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: rapid single fire SVD Glitch?  (Read 17024 times)

Offline 82nd_DXO_COL=Shad

rapid single fire SVD Glitch?
« on: Monday, January 15, 2018, 01:44:54 AM »
Teroxin   MAC   d0:50:99:4a:8a:0d   
eXiled-TEROXIN   NAME   eXiled-TEROXIN   January 21st, 10:42:06 PM
Week ban:  single fire/rapid single shot SVD

Was observed by multiple players rapidly firing the SVD

Offline WraShadow

Re: rapid single fire SVD Glitch?
« Reply #1 on: Monday, January 15, 2018, 15:53:14 PM »
When enemy drops SVD you pickup VSS which has Auto mode. Although I will admit to have seen people picking one and it still being displayed as SVD. Just a graphical glitch. Its easy to make the mistake, dont worry.

» Checkout my Illustration Gallery on the forums
» Checkout my WIP Behancé Gallery

Offline Alex

« Reply #2 on: Monday, January 15, 2018, 16:04:11 PM »
When enemy drops SVD you pickup VSS which has Auto mode. Although I will admit to have seen people picking one and it still being displayed as SVD. Just a graphical glitch. Its easy to make the mistake, dont worry.
I'm pretty sure the SVD gives the enemy an M-82, not a VSS. The SPR gives the enemy a VSS.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 15, 2018, 16:06:53 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline ronski

« Reply #3 on: Monday, January 15, 2018, 16:12:51 PM »
I'm pretty sure the SVD gives the enemy an M-82, not a VSS. The SPR gives the enemy a VSS.
Always been wondering why it's like that, enemy AR turns out to be RPK in your hands etc, makes no sense?

Offline WraShadow

« Reply #4 on: Monday, January 15, 2018, 16:24:47 PM »
oh yeah, I think you're right when I think back. But I feel like Ive seen both like yesterday on Courtyard (I feel like that's what Shad was talking about for I was there and it was weird but thought of visual glitch)

Always been wondering why it's like that, enemy AR turns out to be RPK in your hands etc, makes no sense?
I can sympathize with the feeling, but from the soldier's perspective, he's fighting someone whom, by stereotype, uses a different weapon set so its actually clever. Gets weird when the same gun changes sides multiple times though. But thats a rant for another topic.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 15, 2018, 16:27:08 PM by WraShadow »

Offline TER0XIN

« Reply #5 on: Monday, January 15, 2018, 18:37:51 PM »
Yo, that was me, you can unban me becouse i dont know what happened, yes that was SVD, i also dont had any noise when i shooted, im not picked weapon from enemy, that was probably bug, that was my 2nd time when i had this bug

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2018, 01:13:30 AM »
Yo, that was me, you can unban me becouse i dont know what happened, yes that was SVD, i also dont had any noise when i shooted, im not picked weapon from enemy, that was probably bug, that was my 2nd time when i had this bug
I've experienced this bug once or twice during the time I've played AA. It does happen - not sure how or when - but it's extremely rare.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ronski

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2018, 01:18:04 AM »
is it the same bug that happens with AR sometimes where you might shoot the whole mag at once?

Offline 82nd_DXO_COL=Shad

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2018, 01:47:50 AM »
It was a forceclassed weapon, so everyone should have had the same weapon.  Didn't pickup up another gun.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2018, 05:30:12 AM »
is it the same bug that happens with AR sometimes where you might shoot the whole mag at once?
Not entirely sure. It's been years since I last got it. I remember it was on Urban Assault, it was Forceclassed.
I was like "Why is this not firing?!" until my mag was empty (which was very fast) and only then I realized it was actually firing every time, I just couldn't hear the shots and there was no recoil. Fairly certain the fire rate itself doesn't change, it's just that the tremendous recoil of the weapon prevents from firing so fast with it in normal operation.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ronski

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2018, 06:02:47 AM »
Not entirely sure. It's been years since I last got it. I remember it was on Urban Assault, it was Forceclassed.
I was like "Why is this not firing?!" until my mag was empty (which was very fast) and only then I realized it was actually firing every time, I just couldn't hear the shots and there was no recoil. Fairly certain the fire rate itself doesn't change, it's just that the tremendous recoil of the weapon prevents from firing so fast with it in normal operation.
It sounds like the same, last time it was brought in along with the "no-recoil"-bug which gave zoom accuracy with less recoil for normal unzoomed 1st person view as an exploit

Offline WraShadow

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2018, 11:40:31 AM »
oh, that bug? I get those once in a while on vanilla and sf mod, sometimes during the same session, usually when server is hanging more than usual. I dunno about other people but I hate and throw and pick up again to make it go back to normal.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 14:49:06 PM »
Happens in tournament mode sometimes with an ar as well.
I'd say unban him, he couldn't help it.

Offline SupR3me-

« Reply #13 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 13:31:26 PM »
yea that bug is so OP and its Rare, u would make some damage if u know how to use it :D
Noting Personal Just Good Business

I have played with him a lot, I will uninstall the game if he cheats, you'll have my word. SupR3me don't get this as a challenge now :D
To clear this out: Supreme has been reported several times, and he has not been found guilty of using cheats/tricks/advantages in-game. Lets not get through easy hackusations.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager