Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: is steam from P.G. hacking  (Read 9153 times)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

Re: is steam from P.G. hacking
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, January 04, 2015, 11:37:04 AM »
yep, you should open all needed ports for aapg AND steam.
after loggin out at aapg, you will log out at stream. but then a commercial part will pop up - and this is blocked by your router settings.
i would leave it, because commercial is bs.

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, January 04, 2015, 15:40:40 PM »
As for the topic: They can and they will ... So, if you have installed Steam-Hacked games, don't even think about installing Steam.
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, January 04, 2015, 15:47:35 PM »
As for the topic: They can and they will ... So, if you have installed Steam-Hacked games, don't even think about installing Steam.
That's not the topic as I read it. The topic I can read asks if Steam and/or AAPG hack or something like that.

Although yours is a pretty good point. It might even be the cause of the troubles. I personally hate Steam anyway. It assumes the user is dumber than a bag of wet mice.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Bart!

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, January 04, 2015, 16:39:15 PM »
That's not the topic as I read it. The topic I can read asks if Steam and/or AAPG hack or something like that.

Although yours is a pretty good point. It might even be the cause of the troubles. I personally hate Steam anyway. It assumes the user is dumber than a bag of wet mice.
The problem is, in most cases they actually are, the newer generation is spoonfed with everything.

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, January 04, 2015, 17:41:15 PM »
Topic question: is steam from P.G. hacking
Answer:  They can hack client PC and they will because Steam Client gives them a 'carte blanche' to do this without any consequences.

IMO, I'm pretty much on topic - don't you think?

Moreover: if this sc is real, Steam Client made significant modifications in the System behavior and there is many good reason for which OS or AV can/will disable connection to the router.
Would you?

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, January 04, 2015, 17:47:25 PM »
Answer:  They can hack client PC and they will because Steam Client gives them a 'carte blanche' to do this without any consequences.

Right. For some reason I was under the impression you were talking about Steam-hacked games as in games for steam that are downloaded illegally.

My bad.

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, January 04, 2015, 17:51:06 PM »

Moreover: if this sc is real, Steam Client made significant modifications in the System behavior and there is many good reason for which OS or AV can/will disable connection to the router.
  its as clean as you see if its fake i will stop whit this game.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #22 on: Monday, January 05, 2015, 05:37:18 AM »
you always should think about:

- do i have informations on my computer that are and should keep "confidential" (like banking datas, passwords...)?
- do i need to klick on every internet page that pops up?

if you say "YES", you should stop using the internet. or you should make special partitions on other drives with confidential informations. you should use password keeper or others to save your secret datas. you should use at least 8 character passwords which are not in any library.
then you dont care if a "hacker" is scanning your comp. on my side, they can pay my bills if they want. but noting more.

and to sleep better, you can use a antispy/antivirus program like norton internet security or others. but if someone would like to hack you, you will get hacked.

thats the bill for todays open internet - and i hope it will be open as long as i will stay on this planet.

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday, January 05, 2015, 06:08:10 AM »
@Teddy: Yeah, sometimes 'stay more in my head than I write on paper' ... Text about hacked games suppose to be a side note - sorry for that.

@Merlin: Something like 'don't like - don't use it' is very stupid - there is always something 'confidential', but you're right as for the tips.
... but if someone would like to hack you, you will get hacked.
Believe me, it's not that easy to become a 'target' ...
Would you?

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday, January 05, 2015, 06:57:39 AM »
Believe me, it's not that easy to become a 'target' ...
Well probably not hard to become a target for someone who "wants" to hack you (someone who hates you), but probably hard to become a target to someone who can actually do it as well.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #25 on: Monday, January 05, 2015, 12:26:15 PM »
Well probably not hard to become a target for someone who "wants" to hack you (someone who hates you), but probably hard to become a target to someone who can actually do it as well.

Sumtime things happen that are not nomal on that time you can say OOoo is a bug ore a one time thing.
i can remember i starded the big clan day  and  execly ad 20.00 hour that the big clan day starts my server did do nothing anymore , stress way! , the whole day it worked fine and on this moment you get this. I  do not know if  it was a dos attack ore somthing els but it was weard.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager