Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: AntiCheat Situation?  (Read 25103 times)

Offline august

• Respected Members
    • View Profile
  • AA: Avguste
Re: AntiCheat Situation?
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 04:28:10 AM »
No, sorry to say that I am not. Would love to have them come back and maybe rejoin Assist if they feel like it, but dont have their contact info. I only dealt with Yapple and Airdale as far as anti-cheat. And really mainly with Yapple. Left AON back in 2007/2008 when I stopped playing AA full time and didnt keep much in touch if at all.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 12:05:55 PM »
That's a shame.
AON was imo the only good AC provider.

AASA was just a lost case, the way their members acted was just sad sometimes. it felt like they became too powerhungry. The lost disc issue was the most horrible thing: they banned people for violations of maybe 3 years in the past, because they found the logs in a disc, now they banned maybe a few people with it, but in my opinion, those logfiles were overdue, not to mention their validity could not be checked anymore. Anybody who got banned 3 years later, without getting banned before, is probably not cheating anymore, banning them does nothing good for the community, because you are not keeping a cheater out of the game anymore, you actually make someone who made a mistake 3 years ago having nothing to lose anymore. So they can as well cheat now, now they have a banned account 3 years later.

ACI went too far with their goals of getting a good banlist, they even banned people who accidently joined a wrong server and got their honor hacked. I agree on banning those accounts, but with that they started making the background check public and this made many people calling people who did not know at all a cheater. Having bg checks publically, with many admins not even knowing when a link is valid or not, was plain sad.

AON however, had only private bg checks, and they had trainings into how to conduct bg checks. Now that was the only good way to go imo, as there where too many false accusations thanks to the public tool and bans for no severe stuff.
Also, for exploits in-game and the likes, the bans were actually 90 days, and then removed. This was good, because it was actually an anti-cheat measure: people know the consequences, and will not do it again, if you did a permanent ban, and you would have a linked account, people would witchhunt them anyways, so they had nothing to lose, gives more incentive to actually don't care anymore and start cheating.

This is why I personally think AON had the best policy of all anti cheat sites.

I know not everybody might agree with me on this case, and this is my personal opinion, but an anti-cheat site is NOT here to get a big banlist, an anti-cheat site IS here to make sure the game is as cheat-free as possible. Seeing the reasoning above I think AON had a good policy to stop cheaters, but still be fair enough to give gray areas a warning, so they will never do it again, more players, less cheaters, seems perfect to me.

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 13:41:39 PM »
AON/ACi= lovechiefs

Was mentor at AON back in the day. Worked with Kage, Yapple, Airdale and a bunch of the other guys.
Was also admin at CheatBusted. So I am familiar with the scripts, the way they work, bgs and such

That was avery long time ago you worked with KAAAGEEEE? Mark Menting
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment

Offline august

• Respected Members
    • View Profile
  • AA: Avguste
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 14:19:21 PM »
Yea, left AON and AA in 2007-2008 or so

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager