Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Weapons+objectives AA3  (Read 36019 times)

Offline Ganja

Weapons+objectives AA3
« on: Tuesday, January 07, 2014, 04:12:14 AM »
Now that the majority of players have tested the AA3 maps, I think it would be a good idea to vote again for:

- Mission types

- Weapons class

I feel this way, because people voted in the first vote while having no real idea what the maps looked like etc. Now they can judge by themselves which weapons would be the most suitable, and which kind of objectives.

On the other hand I'm not sure players changed their mind, but why not give it a try.

What do you think about it?

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

Re: Weapons+objectives AA3
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 07, 2014, 04:43:22 AM »
Agree, and it wasn't a majority who voted before.

Offline [HT]-d0n-@-KeIIo-

• News Authors
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 07, 2014, 05:54:11 AM »
lol same what i have ask...

and again i think to is gread idea to start vote for weapons
i saw on all maps sf guns it sux i think short maps with m16 and ar is nice like alley,impact,shantytown.
1 player= 1 nade,2 flash,1smoke.

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 29, 2014, 08:13:05 AM »
Having been banned from the chat, I'll just write here instead
Quote from: teddy
I'm pretty sure ELiZ made the AA3 map layouts as close to what they were in AA3 as was possible.
Need I say more about this? AA3 was a total flop, in every way. Saying I want you to sucide because of it ain't really correct, more like re-think the weapon loadouts and remove that fucking 4x scope, ban it and never talk about it again. M16/m4a1 on all maps.
And saying "the community voted" is....I don't know honestly, you admins should know better than anyone that you can't listen to this community, if you want the game to die and never come back, go ahead and listen to the SF boys in tight spandex pants. If you want shit to happen and old players come back.. Don't listen to the community, i've had 5-6 old clanmates who "tried" coming back, but all there was to play was SF border (lol?) and SF hospital, and the occational SF pipe. There you have it, assist 2014. Great fucking job community, but listen to the community.
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter" - Churchill.
Pretty much sums this community up.

I'm guessing more people will start playing these maps since they got re-introduced by the bigclan initiative bla bla (great idea btw) But the weapons need to go. Im trying really hard here not to bitch and moan and offend anyone, which will probably fail since everyone goes mad for nothing.
« Last Edit: Monday, September 29, 2014, 08:20:24 AM by Ares »

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #4 on: Monday, September 29, 2014, 09:03:00 AM »
Only objective type was really voted on.
Weapon setup was done the same on all maps for further discussion. But so far none has really brought up a discussion about it.
The only maps modified after the release was Impact that was changed from VIP to TAH.
We are totally willing to change these maps so that they are more playable.
« Last Edit: Monday, September 29, 2014, 09:05:26 AM by ELiZ »

Offline rmcdzk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday, September 29, 2014, 10:27:42 AM »
I agree with every word Ares said, and it concerns not only mAAp pack...

Offline Bart!

« Reply #6 on: Monday, September 29, 2014, 11:58:20 AM »
I also think m16/ar loadouts are more suited compared with sf loadouts.

But I also think in general that scopes (and 203s) for everybody dumbs down gameplay. There's a reason why the most long-lasting succesful game has low damage grenades and almost no scopes.

Now AA should not be equal to those games, and the aiming system in there is totally different of course, but the sf weapon favours playing sitting back watching one spot. If I want to get a high fragrate, I have to camp with sf+203, but it dumbs down gameplay. The problem is also that most people hunt for kills instead of obj (people waiting in loading docks at hospi while vip is easily extracting).

With m16 rifles you could do the same, but it is less rewarding to do so, with these kind of weapons you got to be a master in aiming or you have to make tactical plays. sf removes the room for tactical plays.
In real-life, the sf is for special forces only, designed to be easy, designed to take cheap kills, because in real life you want that advantage, especially for your elite troops. But that doesn't mean it will be good for a game. Imo the challenge level/skill gap is too low on the SF. For example if I have rifles or sf on a map like bridge, it makes a huge difference for defense. With rifles assault still has a chance to get further. With sf's with 203s, defense can just sit back, use 203s to kill someone trying to make a move, and easily kill people showing up. With rifles it's harder for them to see and to hit others. Same for border, it's almost impossible to miss with the sf weapon on the distance when watching a spot on defense, while with rifles it's still a challenge.

Unless you can convince me that walking with a 203 out and clicking the left mouse button when someone shows up is immensively fun (it is on insurgent camp though, but that's a lot more difficult to pull off compared to a map like hospital), I would not be in favour of sf weapons with 203s or long distance scopes is better for the game(reflex scope like on wc is a more challenging one though).

I have to give a note here that this is entirely my personal opinion about why m16s are better fit for almost all maps in this game and this does NOT reflect the general consensus of admins.

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday, September 29, 2014, 12:23:50 PM »
M16 is still my favorite gun! Sadly the majority doesnt know how to aim with it nowadays... lots of SF noobies now

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #8 on: Monday, September 29, 2014, 12:38:48 PM »
I would say gif player that do obj and do medic more points the team a little less more points if they win

I also think m16/ar loadouts are more suited compared with sf loadouts.

But I also think in general that scopes (and 203s) for everybody dumbs down gameplay. There's a reason why the most long-lasting succesful game has low damage grenades and almost no scopes.

Now AA should not be equal to those games, and the aiming system in there is totally different of course, but the sf weapon favours playing sitting back watching one spot. If I want to get a high fragrate, I have to camp with sf+203, but it dumbs down gameplay. The problem is also that most people hunt for kills instead of obj (people waiting in loading docks at hospi while vip is easily extracting).

With m16 rifles you could do the same, but it is less rewarding to do so, with these kind of weapons you got to be a master in aiming or you have to make tactical plays. sf removes the room for tactical plays.
In real-life, the sf is for special forces only, designed to be easy, designed to take cheap kills, because in real life you want that advantage, especially for your elite troops. But that doesn't mean it will be good for a game. Imo the challenge level/skill gap is too low on the SF. For example if I have rifles or sf on a map like bridge, it makes a huge difference for defense. With rifles assault still has a chance to get further. With sf's with 203s, defense can just sit back, use 203s to kill someone trying to make a move, and easily kill people showing up. With rifles it's harder for them to see and to hit others. Same for border, it's almost impossible to miss with the sf weapon on the distance when watching a spot on defense, while with rifles it's still a challenge.

Unless you can convince me that walking with a 203 out and clicking the left mouse button when someone shows up is immensively fun (it is on insurgent camp though, but that's a lot more difficult to pull off compared to a map like hospital), I would not be in favour of sf weapons with 203s or long distance scopes is better for the game(reflex scope like on wc is a more challenging one though).

I have to give a note here that this is entirely my personal opinion about why m16s are better fit for almost all maps in this game and this does NOT reflect the general consensus of admins.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Monday, September 29, 2014, 18:25:12 PM »
1 - AA3_Airfield       34 slots   Adleast one sniper s82 and all 2 smoke
2 - AA3_Alley          34 slots   fine
3 - AA3_Bridge       34 slots   fine  puth 2 defence players ad the begin assault bridge.
4 - AA3_Impact       32 slots   fine
5 - AA3_Pipeline     34 slots   ? way  think about this one . ??
6 - AA3_Ranch       26 slots   fine
7 - AA3_Shantytown   34 slots   s24/m9 , shotgun , 1 grenade 1 smoke , 2 flash
8 - AA3_Stronghold     32 slots      s24/m9 , and vintoress , shotgun , 2 granades 2 smoke  1 flash

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday, September 29, 2014, 22:27:58 PM »
a sniper on airfield is way to easy

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 02:48:02 AM »
1 - AA3_Airfield       34 slots   Adleast one sniper s82 and all 2 smoke
2 - AA3_Alley          34 slots   fine
3 - AA3_Bridge       34 slots   fine  puth 2 defence players ad the begin assault bridge.
4 - AA3_Impact       32 slots   fine
5 - AA3_Pipeline     34 slots   ? way  think about this one . ??
6 - AA3_Ranch       26 slots   fine
7 - AA3_Shantytown   34 slots   s24/m9 , shotgun , 1 grenade 1 smoke , 2 flash
8 - AA3_Stronghold     32 slots      s24/m9 , and vintoress , shotgun , 2 granades 2 smoke  1 flash
Coming from a guy in a clan who forceclasses SF on border, ignore this guys opinion forever.
1 - AA3_Airfield    26 slots   M16, 2 smokes, 2 nades
2 - AA3_Alley           26 slots   M4a1, 2 smokes 1 nade
3 - AA3_Bridge       26 slots   M16, 1 smoke, 1 nade
4 - AA3_Impact       32 slots   M4a1, 1 smoke, 1 nade
5 - AA3_Pipeline     26 slots  M16, 1 smoke, 1 nade, 2 flashes.
6 - AA3_Ranch        26 slots, M16, 2 smokes, 1 nade
7 - AA3_Shantytown   26 slots, M4A1, 1 smoke, 1 flash, 1 nade. 
8 - AA3_Stronghold     26 slots      M16/M4A1, 2 smokes, 1 nade.

No snipers on any map, there's no reason for it. If people want to prone warrior themselves, stop doing it.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 03:19:25 AM »
Coming from a guy in a clan who forceclasses SF on border, ignore this guys opinion forever.

No snipers on any map, there's no reason for it. If people want to prone warrior themselves, stop doing it.

I'd say
- 4 nades on Airfield (long distance maps have always a lot of nades)
- 2 smokes for Bridge on assault.
- No nades on shanytown and fewer slots like 20

The guns are good though

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 06:59:48 AM »
Sf border a map whitout full ore totall no poits is played by alot gamers .  Can you explain how that can happen do they have no taste.

« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 07:10:25 AM by Vanoke »

Offline rmcdzk

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 11:18:40 AM »
Sf border a map whitout full ore totall no poits is played by alot gamers .  Can you explain how that can happen do they have no taste.

Man, it's like buying a convertible and driving top up when the sun is shining... you don't get it.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager