Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Tracking problems  (Read 18736 times)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

Re: Tracking problems
« Reply #30 on: Monday, October 20, 2014, 17:15:09 PM »
ELiZ, not to go back for the community, only for some of us like another release to test, like I could with 8.15.
then some of us, teddy, you, angel, myself could make a test with it. not for the public, only for us.

and yes, it could be a problem with the players count. something above 10 that would match on my side too. limitation from bt now ? sounds not so impossible.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #31 on: Monday, October 20, 2014, 17:20:31 PM »
ELiZ, I really think that you are on the right way. more the xx players (maybe 10) will cause the problem with not tracked anymore. I did change now all swiss servers to maxhonors=100 and I did a restart now. hope some players will follow my asking about to join now.

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #32 on: Monday, October 20, 2014, 17:44:11 PM »
I'm creating a special version of the server where I can fake players, so I can do easier testing.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #33 on: Monday, October 20, 2014, 17:52:48 PM »
good idea, tell me, when we can help please.
unlucky that I do have to work tomorrow at 08.00 till 17.00, but after that, I will be there.

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #34 on: Monday, October 20, 2014, 18:07:25 PM »
It would be sweet if I could get a Query.txt from a server that has more than 11 players.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #35 on: Monday, October 20, 2014, 18:14:42 PM »
what kind of query.txt?
I can do that tomorrow around 20.00, that's for sure. so I have to get 11 players on it, right?
I will make a call for players to join then. do you have time then to get it, and what do you need from my side? tell me, you will get it.
but now I am out, family and bed time. cya and thanks again for doing this all.

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #36 on: Monday, October 20, 2014, 18:57:21 PM »
On a server, there is a file called query.txt in the System folder.

I would like a copy from a server that is having problem being tracked, at the time from when the problem was.

Offline lukinhas

• I Love You Americas Army 2.5 Assist
    • View Profile
  • AA: -.[H].attack!
« Reply #37 on: Monday, October 20, 2014, 19:31:47 PM »
I'm here to help you this also ELIZ, may I help you to solve this problem?

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #38 on: Monday, October 20, 2014, 19:38:06 PM »
I'm here to help you this also ELIZ, may I help you to solve this problem?
Not at this moment.
I'm still debugging traffic that goes to Battletracker.com

Thank you for offering though.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #39 on: Monday, October 20, 2014, 19:54:42 PM »
The amount of payers that care too much about their tracker is too high. Ofcourse we all cared one day or another about our stats, trying to improve them etc, but when you realize the game you play is dieing, you should just stop caring about numbers and play it for pure fun only

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #40 on: Monday, October 20, 2014, 20:48:57 PM »
I've gone back as far as 8.11 and checked that we send the same data.
Everything checks out.

I'm certain the problems started on Battletracker.com, and here is my reasoning:

If I look at a server that has problems (with client sessions not being tracked), I can see all users and their points on the serverpage, since they are there, I know that our 25Assist servers has sent them all the information.

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #41 on: Monday, October 20, 2014, 21:09:43 PM »
As soon as I lowered the player number to 5, BT started tracking Player sessions on the server.
I'll try 10 and see what happends.

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #42 on: Monday, October 20, 2014, 23:55:56 PM »
I inched up to 26 fake players on a server and it still tracked all users sessions.
Perhaps an this time at night, there is fewer players and it's why it worked with a full server for me.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 01:26:53 AM »
I've gone back as far as 8.11 and checked that we send the same data.
Everything checks out.

I'm certain the problems started on Battletracker.com, and here is my reasoning:

If I look at a server that has problems (with client sessions not being tracked), I can see all users and their points on the serverpage, since they are there, I know that our 25Assist servers has sent them all the information.

Right. That makes sense.

The amount of payers that care too much about their tracker is too high. Ofcourse we all cared one day or another about our stats, trying to improve them etc, but when you realize the game you play is dieing, you should just stop caring about numbers and play it for pure fun only
A bigger problem IMHO is points and Honor, though. I know it's not really as important nowadays, but it's still something to thrive on.

I guess you're making progress, which is good. But it does seem the problem lies at BT, so there is little we can do at this moment short of contacting Homey (which seems to be next to impossible).
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 01:56:10 AM »
It would be sweet if I could get a Query.txt from a server that has more than 11 players.

here the settings of the server from yesterday with 26 players:
Code: [Select]
hostname=??[SWISS]ClanServer.TopMap.Cycle - open slots|hostport=9716|mapname=Swamp_Raid|gametype=AGP_GameTeamObjective|numplayers=0|maxplayers=32|password=True|tour=7|miles=False|cheats=True|minhonor=8|maxhonor=130|current_round=0/15|mission_time=300|tournament=False|AdminName=[SWISS]Merlin|AdminEMail=Non-disclosed|requires_authorization=False

I changed maxhonors=100 from 110 (strange, here I see 130 which I did never set)
i will do this again after 20.00 cest tonight, with more then 11 players on it.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 03:20:05 AM by [SWISS]Merlin »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager