Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: PB Restrictions error  (Read 44763 times)

Offline davidkowlowski

PB Restrictions error
« on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 13:28:43 PM »
                                               =ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED==

Hello
I'm having problems staying connected to any server, when i connect i can chose teams no problem and after a few minutes i get kicked by pnkbstr with a "PB Restriction".
Than my game closes automatically and i get this message: https://i.imgur.com/IK6JAfu.png
I do the stuff the prompt says run everything in admin etc and when the pnkbstr install does its test i get no errors in the test but this part of it still comes up as a no: https://i.imgur.com/nBLPutF.png
The exe files got installed into SysWOW64 not system32, so i thougt that was the problem so i copied the files into system32 and added a firewall rule to them and a run as admin aswell.
But I am still getting kicked with the same message after a few minutes.
If someone could help me that would be great.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 25, 2020, 09:26:06 AM by davidkowlowski »

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: PB Restrictions error
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 13:31:48 PM »
You could try and see if anything in this recent thread will be of help.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline davidkowlowski

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 14:17:47 PM »
The last post on that link you sent me fixed it, i didn't restart my pc after the installs i think that was the problem. :D
Thank you
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 16:04:52 PM by davidkowlowski »

Offline Alex

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, April 04, 2021, 02:50:22 AM »
After swapping out my HDDs for SSDs and re-installing the game I cannot play this game anymore. I constantly get kicked for PB Restriction. I've tried every single solution in this thread and nothing works. "fix PB" ,the file possessed posted, restarted my PC, and even reinstalled the game twice. It's still broken. I simply cannot play this game at all.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #4 on: Monday, April 05, 2021, 14:52:14 PM »
That's actually a good one Killa, does everybody with this problem have the game installed on SSD?

Offline [F.U.N]Cpt

« Reply #5 on: Monday, April 05, 2021, 17:47:30 PM »
all my games on a solid state, performance. and yeah aa2.5, 2.8.5 and warzone runs and runs. problem was by me, aa3 pb update manual. after new install win7-10 problem solved. lets update make by game. not manual. so lieber schweitzer, jetzt weist du es. hatte die for 3 jahren schon. winke

Offline [F.U.N]Cpt

« Reply #6 on: Monday, April 05, 2021, 18:24:31 PM »
and again, do not manual pb updates. let is this game for u. 2 various aao installs, or other new games wit pb, crash is program. only way is a new windows install. sorry. have it testet befor 3 years. is the only way. sy

Offline [F.U.N]Cpt

« Reply #7 on: Monday, April 05, 2021, 18:29:18 PM »
das kurze spiel heute war nett, 7:1 for me. :D

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, April 06, 2021, 13:50:24 PM »
Danke für die Hilfe, doch leider habe ich auch dies ausprobiert und - es funktioniert nicht. Vielleicht hast Du noch andere Ideen?

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, April 06, 2021, 13:51:16 PM »
another try to solve it:

ok, let's try to get some sence about that issue.
would be great to have some answers about the questions below from 10-20 players with and without this punkbuster kick problem.

Section A with NO problems at all - no punkbuster kicks:
A1. what version of windows and/or mac operating system do you use?
A2. when did you install 25assist (date)?
A3. what kind of firewall do you use?
A4. at which provider are you connected to?
A5. do you automaticaly or manualy start other programs before you start 25assist?
A6. since when do you play 25assist?
A7. which antivirus program do you use?

Section B with PROBLEMS and punkbuster kicks:
B1. what version of windows and/or mac operating system do you use?
B2. when did you install 25assist (date)?
B3. what kind of firewall do you use?
B4. at which provider are you connected to?
B5. do you automaticaly or manualy start other programs before you start 25assist?
B6. since when do you play 25assist?
B7. which antivirus program do you use?

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, April 06, 2021, 14:09:05 PM »
That's actually a good one Killa, does everybody with this problem have the game installed on SSD?

I did install 25assist about 5 years on a SSD and it worked. For some reason i did made a new installation of my windows10 from scratch and - after this i had the problems with pb kicks. there could be many reasons for this and i did try a lot to fix it, but nothing works really. for sure it could also be the 25assist installation with something missing or outdated.

[F.U.N]Cpt, could you please delete 25assist and reinstall it again? would be great to hear if that still will work on your side. thanks!

Offline TomHighway64

« Reply #11 on: Friday, April 09, 2021, 14:10:49 PM »
After swapping out my HDDs for SSDs and re-installing the game I cannot play this game anymore. I constantly get kicked for PB Restriction. I've tried every single solution in this thread and nothing works. "fix PB" ,the file possessed posted, restarted my PC, and even reinstalled the game twice. It's still broken. I simply cannot play this game at all.

Im guessing you had to reinstall Windows and then were faced with the latest updates maybe or you possibly upgraded to Win10 from another version ?
Tom

Offline [F.U.N]Cpt

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, April 11, 2021, 06:40:46 AM »
I did install 25assist about 5 years on a SSD and it worked. For some reason i did made a new installation of my windows10 from scratch and - after this i had the problems with pb kicks. there could be many reasons for this and i did try a lot to fix it, but nothing works really. for sure it could also be the 25assist installation with something missing or outdated.

[F.U.N]Cpt, could you please delete 25assist and reinstall it again? would be great to hear if that still will work on your side. thanks!

have it, works again and again

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, April 11, 2021, 11:49:40 AM »
Vielen Dank für die Rückmeldung!

So this sounds like the solution what [F.U.N]Cpt is telling us. Let's try to make the confirmation about it.
Can someone install Windows 10 with all patches on a new disk (or on a deleted old one), download and install 25assist - without any manual updates of Punkbuster?

Would be great to hear if that works for all.
Many thanks to [F.U.N]Cpt for sharing this with us.

Offline Alex

« Reply #14 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 00:59:01 AM »
Im guessing you had to reinstall Windows and then were faced with the latest updates maybe or you possibly upgraded to Win10 from another version ?
Tom
No. My Windows install location was moved from and older SATA SSD to a newer M.2 SSD. Not a new install. The game worked on my old SATA SSD, it is no longer is playable on the M.2 SSD. I would like to point out that Windows does not care about what medium it's reading data off of. There's no logical reason for PB to be acting differently on an SSD vs a HDD. I don't think the storage medium is the issue.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager