Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: PB kick for gamma  (Read 3040 times)

Offline Pipez0r

PB kick for gamma
« on: Sunday, November 08, 2015, 09:38:26 AM »
I got kicked by pb, and it said my gamma was something like 1.59. I have never got that kick and I always use same gamma on pipeline sf. My session lenght was 49 min when I got that kick, and I didnt change any setting while that session. What could cause it?

Offline Alex

Re: PB kick for gamma
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, November 08, 2015, 12:14:44 PM »
You can accidentally hit one of the preset buttons (one of the F buttons) to up your gamma and it might have set you over the limit.

Offline ronski

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, November 08, 2015, 12:40:18 PM »
I change gamma from console by typing gamma 2, with that being written I get gamma set to its max, which is 1,5. So you shouldnt be able to set too much gamma from game, maybe then if you type it to .ini. Or maybe there is a bug as well, when you type more numbers after first digit, you know 1,5999

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, November 08, 2015, 22:23:04 PM »
I thought theres a limit with gamma you cannot exceed.

Offline ronski

« Reply #4 on: Monday, November 09, 2015, 00:42:36 AM »
I thought theres a limit with gamma you cannot exceed.
I tried to exceed the limit from console by typing "gamma 1.59" but I got only 1.5. So it was a bug, which doesn't seem to appear often?

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #5 on: Monday, November 09, 2015, 02:16:20 AM »
Out of curiosity: what is the rationale behind putting limits on gamma?

If this isn't Spanky Rage Bait, I don't know what is.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Mixk

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, November 12, 2015, 03:21:39 AM »
I was kicked for same thing last year once and I dont think anyone took me seriously when I told the community I only changed it through the game and not changing my ini file. I figured out later that for some reason after trying to set it through the assist browser I went into game and things didnt look right so I went to change the video settings through the game itself and for some reason was still able to use the sliders and changed it there and you werent supposed to been able to do that, but it did.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, November 12, 2015, 06:14:41 AM »
I'm fairly certain this happens when you use the slider first and then the button. You can use the slider to give it any value from 0 to 1.50, but the button probably increments it by 10 if it's less than 1.5 so when it's 1.45 it goes to 1.55 and it becomes a problem.

I've not played around with gamma myself, but since it's not supposed to have a higher value than 1.5 (the limit on the ingame slider), there's no point to have it allowed.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager