Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Sound issues with windows 10  (Read 4212 times)

Offline Infinity

Sound issues with windows 10
« on: Saturday, May 16, 2015, 20:15:04 PM »
Hi everyone long time no see !

I really need help re my sound in AA.

When I last played AA i was on XP and had an xfi sound card and had awesome sound.

Now I am using windows 10 and haven't been able to get my sound right (I can't hear footsteps in the vicinity etc) I have an onboard sound card which is quite good considering the mobo is an asus ranger vii - driver is also up to date.

I know there were issues with AA sound on windows 7/8 and was wondering if there is a fix in order for me to play normal AA :(

Any help is greatly appreciated
Cheers

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

Re: Sound issues with windows 10
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, May 16, 2015, 21:05:04 PM »
sorry to say, but 10 is still beta. wait for the final and all will come good.
maybe swap back to 7

Offline The Mentalist

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, May 16, 2015, 22:11:24 PM »
sorry to say, but 10 is still beta. wait for the final and all will come good.
maybe swap back to 7

I agree. Windows 10 is far from finished. On the desktop and on the Phone, lots of problems.
For example, my Logitech Keyboard didn't work, I couldn't install Norton, etc...

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 01:16:39 AM »
If your sound works (you can hear things) then just play. XP was an odd time with custom drivers and hardware-only rendering... thankfully all that garbage nonsense is behind us. AA works fine, sounds are normal, just play, you don't need to tweak anything so you can hear across the map.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Infinity

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 04:30:53 AM »
Thanks for your replies, what I can understand is that Windows 7 has the same "good" sound as it was on windows XP right? And what about 8/8.1 please?

Nobody is mentioning anything about tweaking to hear across the map Spanky - I can't even hear footsteps in the same room.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 05:52:06 AM »
They say that sound has never been the same in AA after Windows XP.
But I really don't know, to be honest.

I believe the reason Spanky answered the way he did is because there are just so many people who wish to gain an advantage over others with sound. A good example would be some of the people we've banned (fairly) recently.
This game's sound has previously been exploited so many times.

The US Army wanted to create this game as close to reality as possible, so I doubt they meant for you to be able to hear the enemy from spawn to spawn (as was possible on Windows XP + X-Fi cards on Urban Assault, I know from experience). I mean you don't hear your neighbour across the street open his fridge, do you?

I don't know what exactly changed in later versions of windows (and I've actually even seen people doubt whether anything did), but supposodly there was even a "fix" for this that I read about. You can try and google it if you wish.

And another note I'd like to add is that X-Fi years ago and a fairly good sound card now are 2 quite different things. X-Fi (and its software) was built to manipulate (and in all honesty, distort) the sound so it would be easier to hear things. Nowadays, as far as I know, sound cards are made to best represent the sound intended instead of the former.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline S3RG10G4M3R

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 20:31:49 PM »
Hi guys, i have the same problem and i have win 7 with onboard sound VIA VT1708S @ high def audio controler [10DE-0BE4] [NoDB] and there is sound that i cant ear properly like footsteps (even if its close to me), grenade pins etc. any solution? thanx by the way.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #7 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 00:51:19 AM »
What might be a problem if sound is low overall:
http://aao25.com/wiki/index.php?title=FAQ#Why_is_my_sound_really_low_in_game.3F

Other than that, I really can't help at this point.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline S3RG10G4M3R

« Reply #8 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 16:12:27 PM »
i'll try that thank you teddy_grizzly_bear.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager