Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: gamma and brightness  (Read 3629 times)

Offline Big_Baller3000

gamma and brightness
« on: Sunday, July 26, 2015, 14:03:41 PM »
wow after all this time waiting, aa is back just found out today  "nub"  but anyway got game running  but it is dark and cant seem to change settings I hit the f keys  but never does anything for game, any fix for this

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: gamma and brightness
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, July 26, 2015, 14:33:02 PM »
You must be running Windows 8 then. In Assist, go to the Settings tab then the Video tab, at the bottom is an option for Gamma.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, July 26, 2015, 16:01:30 PM »
If you're not on Windows 8:
Your settings will not change when you're not in full screen mode. It might seem as you are, but you might not be. Pressing Alt+Enter will switch between fullscreen and windowed mode or you could go to Settings - Video and enable Fullscreen mode.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline -[unR]BENDAWICH

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, July 26, 2015, 17:21:57 PM »
Doesn't assist still have that little program that was bundled in with it? Forget its name but it worked perfect for me when i was playing and got a dark screen.

Offline Lillis

« Reply #4 on: Friday, August 07, 2015, 08:10:11 AM »
Hi, I have same issue with Brightness and Gamma control. No matter what I do and I have tried everything I can´t change it since I updated to Win10. Any suggestions would be very appreciated. Used control in Assit, in game, rolled back drivers, compatibility mode, full screen, small screen, no screen.... in short all... and it´s too dark to play, can´t see shit.. HELP!

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #5 on: Monday, August 31, 2015, 17:06:24 PM »
Use windows 8 gamma in assist video settings. Works for me, tho I need to change it every time before joining a server depending on map. In windows 10 theres gamma control program that assist uses I think.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #6 on: Friday, September 04, 2015, 11:02:41 AM »
I am on abyss his comp.  he got windows 10 and he also can`t play dark maps becose he can t change gamma and brightness  i did try all in setting but no result . This problem i know streetshoot has the sam problem.
it would be wise to look ad this that players can do it during the game to change with f7 and f8.

Offline ronski

« Reply #7 on: Friday, September 04, 2015, 11:16:43 AM »
How about disabling Windows' adaptive brightness feature and then try to toggle brightness and contrast values?

http://www.howtogeek.com/107173/disable-windows-8s-adaptive-brightness-to-fix-dark-screen-problems/

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager