Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Critical error  (Read 4060 times)

Offline Mixk

Critical error
« on: Saturday, November 15, 2014, 20:21:29 PM »
Hello, For the last week any time I try to start the game I get a critical error. I had changed no files nor have I installed any new software. I have done the repair and ended up reinstalling entire game. Below is what the critical error message is.

Build AmericasArmy_Build_[2004-06-01_02.01.01]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2484 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series (1315)

Failed to enter 68.232.187.130:1716?password=Jv9DbNlTw5: Invalid URL: Entry.aao

History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 706D7564 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

I found the problem.
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 15, 2014, 20:33:51 PM by Mixk »
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline ELiZ

Re: Critical error
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 05:27:13 AM »
I found the problem.

Please enlighten us, others might get the same problem later on.

Offline Mixk

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 11:53:24 AM »
Ok I can tell you what happened, but I can't tell you why as I am not sure. I had been using my main account as usual and decided I wanted to do some incognito spectating and logged into assist with no problem and went to join a server and still no problem. A few seconds after joining I was kicked by pb for Ignoring MD5Tool Queries, which has odd. When I went to rejoin I got the critical error message and ever time I try join always critical error. So I tried repairing and then completely removed everything and re downloaded the game both of which had same critical error messages. I saved a copy of my user.ini file before doing these to save my key binds and all my keyboard and mouse settings and copied it in my folder each time. Finally I decided to look and see if something was wrong with that file. Oh buddy! For some reason from when I joined that server or  when I received  the first critical error my ini file was completely erased except for one line and I don't remember the exact wording, but I remember part of it that said "Crash Game Box". There was more in that line before Crash Game Box and some after but like said I can't remember what it said and deleted it. Don't know if any help at all but that's what happened.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 12:57:55 PM »
Thx.

For others that might get the same problem, and are unsure how to restore ini's to the default:
In the Assist Client, Install Tab, Reset + Repair AA

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 13:41:14 PM »
Thx.

For others that might get the same problem, and are unsure how to restore ini's to the default:
In the Assist Client, Install Tab, Reset + Repair AA
But the reason this didn't work for him, is - if I understand this correctly - because he copied the corrupted file (which was user.ini in this case) back himself :)
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Mixk

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 15:16:19 PM »
Yes and no Teddy. Yes about copying it back, as have done for years for simple reason I not a typing expert and my old geezer mind needs controls way they been forever for myself to play.  :lmao:  But that wasn't what caused all this in first place. Something happened to erase my entire ini file and place that one line in it that I had never even heard of before. The pc that I use to play AA on isn't used by anyone else for anything but playing AA and visiting this website, 82nd website and BT website. I guess my machine decided to burp and fart at same time and that was the end result.   :sign_shithappens: :lmao:

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 15:21:45 PM »
Yes and no Teddy. Yes about copying it back, as have done for years for simple reason I not a typing expert and my old geezer mind needs controls way they been forever for myself to play.  :lmao:  But that wasn't what caused all this in first place. Something happened to erase my entire ini file and place that one line in it that I had never even heard of before. The pc that I use to play AA on isn't used by anyone else for anything but playing AA and visiting this website, 82nd website and BT website. I guess my machine decided to burp and fart at same time and that was the end result.   :sign_shithappens: :lmao:
I guess shit does happen :)

I'm willing to be someone deliberately went into your house, opened your PC and added that line to your user.ini :D

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Mixk

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 16:00:03 PM »
LOL  No one visits here. I always tell people that everyone is scared of me or hate me. Two people visit here. My son and the lady that keeps me inline.  :oops: Neither of which know much more than how to turn a computer on and get on their facebook. Now it is getting to be winter maybe a mouse got in here and hacked it up.  :P :P

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 16:09:35 PM »
LOL  No one visits here. I always tell people that everyone is scared of me or hate me. Two people visit here. My son and the lady that keeps me inline.  :oops: Neither of which know much more than how to turn a computer on and get on their facebook. Now it is getting to be winter maybe a mouse got in here and hacked it up.  :P :P
A mouse sounds most likely. If you've read/seen The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, you know they're smart as hell as well!

Offline Mixk

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 21:22:07 PM »
A mouse sounds most likely. If you've read/seen The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, you know they're smart as hell as well!

LOL

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager