Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: PB kicks me for undefined reason. Slot Closed?  (Read 5101 times)

Offline marduk666

PB kicks me for undefined reason. Slot Closed?
« on: Thursday, June 19, 2014, 07:25:48 AM »
Punkbuster keeps kicking me "for an undefined reason. Slot closed." It says. I have tried multiple solutions given me by other players, and am grateful, but none have had any effect. I have; Completely reinstalled AA, I have reinstalled PB, I have no firewall issues, I have checked to see that punkbusterA.exe is a process and it is, I am pretty sure everything is run as admin. I have tried fiddling with settings in AA itself.

I would love a fix for this. It's almost a minor problem, but it is so inconsistent that it becomes frustrating. Sometimes I will be kicked right off the bat, and sometimes it lets me play several rounds before doing so.

Also something maybe worthwhile mentioning is that I have not (so far) been kicked from any MAAPs levels, but when the map switched to a regular AA level, I was kicked after the first round.

Another thing I will mention is that when I install (both the first and second times) AA, it keeps stopping the install at certain points throughout the 1-11 steps of the download, saying something like "download stopped due to connection" It will do this about 10 times before finally completing the download. The funny thing is, I have no connection issues, my connection is fine and runs steadily.

Is there a place that I can get AA 2.5 the game, separately from AA25 Assist? It seems like the way Assist downloads and installs the game is somewhat funky. It downloads all the files seemingly one by one, rather than just giving a basic AA 2.5 installer that installs the whole game. I have the installer for AA 2.8.5, but of course Assist doesn't support that version...

Please help! Any assistance is much appreciated, thank you in advance.

Offline Alex

Re: PB kicks me for undefined reason. Slot Closed?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, June 19, 2014, 14:15:39 PM »
Are you running Assist as an administrator?
What does the full kick actually say?
Is is "authorization slot closed"? Because that usually means that assist stopped running while you were playing or lost connection to the auth server.

The Assist download for AA2.5 has always worked great for me, but if you want a separate download, here
http://americasarmy.filefront.com/file/AASF_Direct_Action_v25_Full_Install;48676

Offline marduk666

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, June 19, 2014, 16:22:05 PM »
Additional details: It says "Punkbuster has kicked marduk666 for undefined reason. Slot Closed." then sometimes after "slot closed.", but not usually, it says something to do with 6 minutes or something like that in a very brief sentence.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #3 on: Friday, June 20, 2014, 04:54:32 AM »
The Assist download for AA2.5 has always worked great for me, but if you want a separate download, here
http://americasarmy.filefront.com/file/AASF_Direct_Action_v25_Full_Install;48676
To be honest, I have downloaded and installes Assist a couple of times the past few months and it has never completed the download/installation in onengo. I don't get the kind of error he's refferring to, but it just freezes at a point of downloading. So I wait a couple of minutes and click cancel. Sometimes clicking Cancel would jus unfreeze the download, sometimes it would really cancel. Usually I would have to do Reset + repair a couple of times before all is well.

Just my recent experience.

And isn't that link the default 2.5, which is a little modified at our end?
« Last Edit: Friday, June 20, 2014, 04:57:05 AM by teddy_grizzly_bear »
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline marduk666

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 00:04:27 AM »
Grizzly the problem is not really the install/download (at least I doubt it is), the problem is when I try to play on any server, PB kicks me. I can't even play for more than a few minutes (sometimes seconds) before PB will kick me every single time. I've given up though, I will play some other game where I don't get kicked. I can see now why there are so few players when this game was so awesome. I've also tried creating my own server but that just leads me into an endless progression on command prompt and seems to go nowhere. So it's back to other games for me. No worries.

Offline Alex

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 01:20:22 AM »
Grizzly the problem is not really the install/download (at least I doubt it is), the problem is when I try to play on any server, PB kicks me. I can't even play for more than a few minutes (sometimes seconds) before PB will kick me every single time. I've given up though, I will play some other game where I don't get kicked. I can see now why there are so few players when this game was so awesome. I've also tried creating my own server but that just leads me into an endless progression on command prompt and seems to go nowhere. So it's back to other games for me. No worries.
Your case is the first I've ever heard about having PB problem that aren't resolved by the suggested methods. Your jab at Assist and the amount of players is pretty weak.
Did you ever make sure something wasn't interfering with your connection to the server? Any anti-virus or firewall that could be blocking connrctions to assist or punkbuster?
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 01:22:05 AM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 04:09:37 AM »
i guess there is another thread about this problem, no?
and there i did write that you have a problem with the pbstream A/B, right?

if so, then do this:
i would delete the whole game (hidden) and then search also for punkbuster - on several places on your computer you will find that - and delete it. reboot and make a new installation. but be sure to have the needed port 1716 and 1717 UDP open. good luck, this should fix the problem

edit:
thread found http://aao25.com/forum/feedback-centre/pb-kicking/msg74012/

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager